Can't Believe

You Have Me

 

Seems like everything is going with the flow though Haneul still kept on thinking on what happened to her that's she isolated herself with her classmates. She always made herself busy especially when she's at home. She's always on studying mode so she won't think of other things. SAT exam is approaching too and she wanted to ace it though college is not a sure thing for her.

 

When Jinyoung ended his class, he decided to see Haneul. The good thing is, he knew already her schedule since she told it to him before. He waited on the bench near the gate of her school so he could quickly spot her. An hour later, he saw her walking alone as per usual, overthinking of something. “Haneul~a, I'm here!”, he shouted. Haneul got alarmed and tried to find the one who called her and then he saw Jinyoung waving at her. She made her way faster going to him. “Hi.”, she greeted with a bow. Way too formal. He then patted her head and she felt even more shy. Some of Haneul's classmates saw them do they wondered why is she with a guy knowing that she just broke up with her boyfriend few weeks ago.

 

I don't have anything to do on the university today that's why I came here to ask you if you can go to our house.”, Jinyoung mentioned and it seems like Haneul misunderstood it because of the way he looked at Jinyoung. He quickly shook his head along with his hands, “I mean, my mom is in the house today, maybe you can have your check-up with her.” She nodded with an o-shaped lips and said okay. “Let's go?”, he invited and she agreed. They took a cab going to Jinyoung's house and in less than an hour they arrived. They both stepped out of the cab and she was just looking as he opened the gate. “Haneul, come inside now.”, Jinyoung said with a soft smile and she followed him. She was so shy standing inside someone's house. She haven't gone to any other house since her parents died. It was like a new experience for her. In a little while Dr. Jung came out, she quickly greeted her in a formal way. She laughed, they are really the same as Jinyoung. “Good, you came. Ah, by the way Jinyoung, your cousin is going here maybe at night.”, Dr. Jung remembered. “Really, mom? Well, great, It's been a long time since we last saw each other. College life though.”, he said and they both agreed while you felt even more shy as you heard how they talk to each other. Dr. Jung invited Haneul to go upstairs with her since they should talk with each other. She felt so nervous as they made their way to a small office of his mom. She asked to sit down since she needed to get some important things. When she came back, Haneul was just keeping her head down and playing with her fingers. Dr. Jung laughed and patted her back. “Relax, Haneul. Just feel comfortable. I'm not going to do anything with you.”, she said and Haneul nodded. Dr. Jung checked her breathing and heartbeat first before the talk. She asked how many times she thinks about what happened to her, what happened to her parents and everything a psychologist asks to a patient. At first Haneul felt so closed, she doesn't want to open up, she was so shy but as time goes by, she started to tell Dr. Jung how does she feel and what's her condition right now. She started crying too because she's taking everything out after a long time of keeping it to herself.

 

7PM that day, the doorbell rang so Jinyoung came out to check who was it. As expected, it was his cousin.

 

Hyung, long time no see!”

Yeah, yeah. Come inside. Mom told me you're coming, great!” Jinyoung looked so happy upon seeing his cousin whom he haven't seen for a long time. They talked non-stop, exchanging stories, laughing and everything. Bonding time of cousins. Finally, Haneul and Dr. Jung finished with the consultation and headed downstairs. They both saw the two guys talking to each other. “He's Jinyoung's cousin, Haneul.”, Dr. Jung said while getting near. She stopped the moment she recognized the guy. “Minhwan?”, Haneul said and Minhwan stopped talking to checked who called his name and so as Jinyoung. He got shocked to when he saw Haneul but quickly changed his expression into a bright one. He greeted Haneul and she just nodded. Dr. Jung advised her son to find a cab for Haneul. Jinyoung followed his mom and led her way out of the house. She wasn't talking again and he didn't know why. “You better go back to your house, I can manage to go home.”, she said and his eyebrows met. “No, let me find a cab first, Haneul.”, he initiated but she refused and shook her head telling her that it's fine. She thanked Jinyoung then started walking away. He decided to go back home and talked to Minhwan again.

 

How did you know her?”, Minhwan asked Jinyoung. “Ah, she is my mom's patient.”, Jinyoung answered right away. “She was my former girlfriend.”, Minhwan said and Jinyoung got shocked. So he started asking himself if he knew what happened to Haneul or when they broke up, not invading his privacy though. “We just broke up few weeks ago.”, he said and more questions were on Jinyoung's mind already. “You told me that she's your mom's patient? How come?”, he asked and that's the time that he realized that he didn't have any clue or hint on what happened to her former girlfriend. So she started to tell her how did she became Dr. Jung's patient. Jinyoung was observing Minhwan's reactions as he tells the story and it was not good. “So she got ?”, he asked again and Jinyoung nodded and he's not in a good already.

 

Don't you love her anymore?”, Jinyoung asked his cousin and he just laughed and shook his head. “Now that I found out she got , tch, of course not.”, he answered rudely and Jinyoung was so shocked on what he heard. He tried to calm and let out a big sigh. Minhwan told his Jinyoug hyung that Haneul was the one who broke up with her and telling him that it's her loss and everything. “She told me that I have no time already for her and the like, she told me that I am changing, that I am not the Minhwan she met before. Just because I don't send her message that often and don't bring her home. I have my life too and she wanted to break up with me then it's fine. Being free is cool.”, he ranted to Jinyoung and he was just staring to Minhwan. Little did they knew that Dr. Jung was listening and she's observing Jinyoung too. She quickly butted in, “Minhwan, do you want to sleep here since it's going late already?”, she offered but he refused it. “Thanks Auntie Jung but mom is waiting for me, she told me to come her and give something to you. Here it is.”, Minhwan handed a box of cake to her and bid goodbye. Jinyoung just nodded at him and Mrs. Jung led Minhwan on his way out while he headed to his room feeling so pissed off. He kept on wondering why does he have a cousin who thinks like that? He didn't know why was he so mad that time? His mom knocked and opened the door seeing the pissed Jinyoung. “I barely see you like this, Jinyoung. What's wrong?”, His mom asked and even him he didn't know what's wrong so he just said, “I'm tired.” His mom laughed and lightly punched his chest causing him to move away. “It's beating unusual, right?”, his mom left him with that question and causing him to be more confused. He just decided to sleep that day away maybe tomorrow, he'll feel okay again.