Thank You

You Have Me

 

At 7PM, he received a text coming from Haneul. He rushed to open their front door and a shy Haneul was standing there. She greeted him with a bow and good evening. Without further ado, he grabbed her things and dragged Haneul inside. "How was your day?", he asked and she replied with a smile, "Tiring but fine." He nodded then invited her to eat. At first, she declined for she was so shy but then Jinyoung knows how to convince her so she gave in. They were both not talking as they had their dinner not until Haneul broke the silence and asked him what they need to talk about. To be honest, she was expecting that they will talk about her health but then he said that they should finish eating first. She wanted to compliment Jinyoung's cooking but she was so shy so she just kept quiet until he finished his food.

 

"Ah, I will was the dishes.", Haneul suggested as she stood up and grabbed her plate but then Jinyoung disagreed. "You are my visitor here, Haneul.", he refused. But then Haneul still gathered the plates and all and find her way to the kitchen. He followed her and opened the lights. "Okay, I am going to wipe table and let's talk at the dining area after." She nodded and started doing the dishes. After twenty minutes, she came out of the kitchen and saw Jinyoung watching the television. She called his attention and then sat on the dining area. Jinyoung quickly made his way there; he was so excited on what they will talk about. He then took the envelope resting on the table then handed it to her.

 

"Oppa, what is this?", she asked as she stares on the envelope.

"Open it yourself for you to know.", he smiled and trying to hold his feels.

 

Haneul didn't notice the logo of the envelope because she decided to just open it right away and took out the papers. She gazed at Jinyoung first and he was smiling so she went back on checking the papers. She then saw her school records and all but she was so clueless how come he has those important papers. He looked at Jinyoung with puzzled face but he moved his finger in circle telling her to check the other papers so she did. Her eyes widened and read what is written on the letter then she read it aloud causing Jinyoung to laugh. "Is this for real?", she asked him with a big smile written on her face. "Yes ofcourse, I tried to get your highschool records then went to WM to check if you are qualified. They said yes then gave me those papers that you need to fill out and answer. So all you need is to pass the scholarship exam, interview and the SAT exam ofcourse. With that, you have the chance to go to college.", he explained then all of a sudden, she stood up. Jinyoung was looking at her and the next thing he knew, she was hugging him at the back. "Oppa, you just don't know how happy I am because of this. Thank you though I know thank you is not enough." Jinyoung wasn't able to respond and his heart is beating unusual, seems like Haneul can hear it. She kept on thanking him for what hebhas done, she almost lose hope but because of Jinyoung, there is a chance that she can fulfill her promise to her parents. They were talking for like two hours almost about everything. Haneul could not contain her excitement.

 

"I guess you need to freshen up and if you like, start filling out the forms from WM?", she nodded on Jinyoung's suggestion then led her way to his bedroom. "Go, use my bathroom. I will just use the one downstairs. I'll be back later after checking the whole house to. Feel at home, okay?", he explained and Haneul said yes. The smile on her pretty face was not yet fading. He then got his clothes and towel. He kept on thinking how much she made Haneul happy because of what he did. Jinyoung then went down to check everything downstairs and locked the gate and the door. After that she called his mom too update her. He always does this whenever his mom is not in the house for her not to worry. Then, shower time for Jinyoung. What a long day for him but atleast he made her happy. "I wish I can make her happy always." Those are the words that slipped from his mouth and he got shocked. "Ahhhh, I think I'm going crazy!"

 

After a refreshing shower, he decided to go back to his room. Knocking at the door was the first thing he did since Haneul was there. He then opened the door and he saw Haneul who fell asleep while filling out the forms. He laughed on what he saw then started fixing the papers on the bed. "She's really excited It’s very obvious." He then woke up Haneul to tell her to fix her sleeping position. Without opening her eyes, she moved to one side of the bed. Jinyoung's eyebrows met when he noticed something on Haneul. He moved closer to her and tried to lift her sleeve out of curiosity. He saw bruises and wounds that look painful. He checked her other arm too and bruises were there. He wondered where she got that. He wanted to ask her but she was resting already. He got worried because the bruises on her skin were no joke. He just decided to sleep and will just wait for tomorrow to have a talk with her.

 

The next day, Haneul was the first one to wake up, Jinyoung was peacefully sleeping on the bed. She thought that it's time to take a bath. After 30 minutes, she was done bathing and he was still asleep. She then decided to fix her things so that when he woke up, she can already go home. "Haneul, come here.", she heard his voice and followed his command then sat on the bed. Jinyoung then placed his hand on her arm, with that she winced in pain. "Where did you get those bruises and wounds?", Jinyoung finally had the chance to ask her. She was looking at Jinyoung and didn't know what she should say. Should she lie or not? "Ah, that.. I slipped on the bathroom the other day”., she said then went back to fixing her things. Jinyoung didn't mean to make the atmosphere between them awkward but he was just worried. "She's lying, I know.", Jinyoung thought. With that, Haneul's happy aura was gone. He really wanted to know it but by sensing on her reaction, he guessed it will be fine if he will just wait. "Let's go down and have some breakfast.", Jinyoung invited her but she declined it since she really wanted to go home. He just offered her to accompany her going home and she just nodded sadly. He even got more curious because of that. Haneul sat down on Jinyoung's bed as she waited for him to finish taking a bath.

 

Jinyoung and Haneul arrived at her unit. "Once you finish filling out the forms and everything, call me right away and I will accompany you there huh.", Jinyoung said and she nodded. Bidding a goodbye, Haneul quickly entered the passcode and ran inside. A heavy sigh came out from Jinyoung and decided to visit her mom on the hospital. On the other hand, Haneul felt guilty on what she acted so she decided to send him a message.

 

"Jinyoung oppa :( I'm really sorry, I didn't mean to act that way after accommodating me in your house. Sorry again, please don't get mad. Thank you again for the forms. I will do well for you. Sorry. Hing~"

 

Jinyoung received it and smiled upong checking it. She's still a sweet girl after all. Days kept on passing by and he was waiting for her call plus there will be a reason to see her. Jinyoung doesn't know why he feels so excited just by thinking of her. Even though he is a very busy person since he is in college, he will definitely find time if she needs him. He was kinda weirded out with that feelings but enjoying it at the same time.