Thank God

You Have Me

 

On the evening, she received a message from her class president saying that next week, from monday to friday there will be no classes. She wondered why but she got no interest in reading the whole text message. Five days had passed and she's feeling something unusual. She often got headache so she always stayed on her bed. She couldn't manage to do things because what happened and she often found herself crying in the corner. Trauma. There was once or twice when she vomited and it all happened in the morning. She started to get afraid even more. Few days had passed and those stupid symptoms kept on hitting her. She felt so frustrated, she doesn't want to go out but she wanted to tell someone what was happening to her. Not until this one sunday, she couldn't stop crying and even though it was embarrassing, she tried calling Jinyoung.

 

Jinyoung on the other hand got alarmed when he realized that it was Haneul who was calling. He pressed the answer button and he got shocked when he heard her crying on the other line. “Hello, what's wrong?” It took moments before she was able formulate what she wanted to say. “Can I talk to you personally? I am scared. Sorry. I just have no one to talk to.” Without further ado, he said yes and prepared on going to her house. “What does she want to talk about then?”, he asked himself as he changed clothes. Right then, he headed to his destination. He finally arrived infront of her apartment and sent her a message. A few minutes, the door opened. A crying lady was revealed in front of him. He then follow her. “What's wrong?”, he asked again but Haneul couldn't really stop crying. “You really look so scared. Tell me now.” She gulped and looked at Jinyoung then she revealed everything she had been experiencing for a week. She was stuttering the whole time but she did her best to finish what he wanted to tell him. Jinyoung let out a big sighed and closed his eyes for a few seconds to think. “Let's go to the hospital.” She then dragged her out of her unit and made their way to the hospital when he brought her before. It was so awkward for the two of them going to the OB-Gyne but they had no choice. Anyways, it's a hospital. The doctor started talking to Haneul while Jinyoung was sitting on the corner and observing her. “I don't get it why I keep on helping her.”, he realized at that moment. The doctor told Haneul that he will undergo a test. Jinyoung was just waiting alone while the two were in the laboratory. After an hour, they came out. He was just looking at Haneul's face trying to wait for the meeting of their eyes.

 

She then decided to look at Jinyoung and gave him a small smile. His eyes widened when she saw her smile and he couldn't help but smile too. She shook her head and smile again. He then stood up and rushed to the doctor too. “She smiled!”, that's what on Jinyoung's mind. “Don't worry she's not pregnant. All those she's experiencing is because of the stress, pressure and trauma after what happened to her. She needs a psychologist for her to recover fully and she should take stress reliever pills too. It will really help her.” Jinyoung felt relieved on what the doctor said. After that they decided to head out of the hospital. He asked Haneul if she wanted to go somewhere but she told him he just wanted to go home and rest so he agreed to that. They took a cab together to Haneul's place. When they arrived there, “Haneul, my mom is a psychologist too, I will refer you to her so she can help you, okay?” Haneul nodded and thanked him over and over again which made him burst into laughter. “Why? What's wrong?”, she softly asked Jinyoung and he just shook his head and said nothing. “I'm going now, okay. Rest well and attend school already, okay? Send me a message if you need me.”, he offered and for the nth time, she thanked him again with a bow. Jinyoung finally left Haneul and headed back home. He was feeling something unusual but he couldn't confirmed it that moment. When he reached home, he gave his mom a call wondering if she'll gonna answer it. “Yes, Jinyoung?”, he heard the other line spoke already.

 

Umma, I just came home.”

Came home? Didn't you go home last night?” His mom sounded so worried.

I did, I went out this morning and I just got back.” He laughed as he explained to his mom.

Ah, I got it. Oh what's the matter? Why did you call all of a sudden?” Then Jinyoung told his mom his purpose on why did he called. “I see, yes sure. I think it will be good if she'll just come to our house. I'll just schedule her. We better talk about this when I got home.” He agreed and ended the call then message Haneul saying that her mom agreed on being her psychologist.

 

Monday, start of the week again. Haneul decided that she needed to go back to school because she missed so many lessons already. When she came on the room, her seatmate named Woohee asked her why she was absent for a week. It took moments for her to answer, “I stayed on the hospital for 3 days and doctor advised me to have some rest at home. I was really sick, that's why.” She nodded on her reason then their teacher came in already. Haneul didn't know if she'll gonna approach all her teachers if they had a quiz or what since she was away. She felt so shy but she needed to do it, she scheduled it after class. Days had passed and everything stayed normal, no one had any clue on what really happened to Haneul and how hurt she was but she tried to hide it because she didn't want being the talk of the town and it might be harder for her. One afternoon after class, she was on her way out of her school when her classmate called her. She stopped and turned around.

 

Oh, Hana? Yes?”

Nothing, I just saw you, that's why I ran so we two could go out of the school together.”

That, oh sure. Let's go.” They started walking already. On their walk, Hana asked her a question, quite personal. “Hanuel~a, last last week, I haven't seen your boyfriend waiting for you here in school and now too. It's just so different because back then, he is always here.” Haneul gulped, thinking of what she should say. “I broke up with him last 2 weeks already.” Hana apologized right away after hearing the sad news. “It's okay. Hana, wait, I need to go somewhere first, I need to go now. Sorry.” But the truth is she just wanted to be alone, she was just being kind when she agreed to her awhile ago. To be honest, after what happened to her parents, Haneul almost lost the closeness with her classmates and with that, they never treated her the same way as before. She was not comfortable being with them. She headed to home directly, thinking of what Hana asked her. Her former boyfriend haven't called him since the day they broke up and obviously, he didn't know what had happened to her. “Ugh, that guy. Really not worth it.” She uttered as she lie down on her bed to have a little rest before studying.