SAT Exam

You Have Me

 

On the day of Haneul’s SAT exam, she woke up early to prepare herself. She was a bit nervous to be honest. After taking a bath and wore clothes, she heard the doorbell rang. She checked the time and it was too early if that’s Jinyoung. Either way, she checked who it was.  “I’m here, Haneul! I brought you breakfast and lunch for later too! Can I come in?”, Jinyoung talked cheerfully. She laughed because he looks so cute and told him to go inside. He prepared the breakfast he brought right away and kept asking her if she’s feeling confident or what. She closed her eyes for a while and let out a big sigh. He laughed by her actions and pushed her on the chair. “ Now, eat so you’ll be comfortable while taking the SAT. Fighting,  Kim Haneul. My mom said her goodluck too!” She followed what Jinyoung did and after eating, they both headed to her school. He brought a car so less hassle for the exam-taker, Kim Haneul. They are both no talking that much on the trip but it’s not awkward though. Maybe Jinyoung just wanted Haneul to relax and compose herself before anything else. Finally, they arrived on the school. He escorted her up to the gate.

 

“ Okay, do well huh. I know you will not disappoint me. Here’s your lunch for later. And by the way, message me the moment you finished the exam. Do not go home not until I came here. Will that be fine?” She then showed him his pink finger to make it as a promise. He smiled and did the pink swear then she accepted the lunch box. She said goodbye to him so cutely then went inside the school gate. He couldn’t help but smile just by thinking of Haneul’s sweet image. He then decided to go home.

 

Haneul searched for her assigned room. She told herself that she’ll going to give her best for Jinyoung. The exam started already. First was the Korean test then next was the Mathematics. Then lunch time already, finally a break for her brain from all the test questions. She then remembered the lunchbox that her oppa have made. She quickly took it and checked it. A smiled was formed on her lips when she saw it and a there’s a sticky note too saying “Ta~daaa, I hope you like it. Eat well, Fighting with your exam! This is especially made for you! J” Haneul started eating after that then continued with the exam, when the bell rang. Time for English,  Vocational Education and Sciences exam! She feels tired from all the exams and all but she’s trying not to think about it. “Do well!”, she told herself then continued answering again. Finally, the last exam for SAT, the foreign language. She couldn’t wait to finish that exam and free herself from all the stress that that exam brought. If people don’t know, SAT exam is the reason why most teenagers commit suicide and became depressed.

 

Time passed and she breathed heavily when the last paper was passed. She stretched for a bit before fixing her things. She then remembered what Jinyoung told her. Her message was, “ Oppa, I’m done, See you!” She finally carried her things and headed out of the building. She stayed the near the school gate so she could go out right away the moment Jinyoung arrived. She’s so excited to see Jinyoung already and ranted about everything that happened. She leaned her back on the chair as she waited for him to come. Thirty minutes have passed already and yet no signs of Jinyoung, students started to disappear already plus it’s going night already. “Ah, maybe he prepared first that’s why he’ll be late plus he told me I should not go home not until he came.” she told herself.  A cold breeze came and she felt bad because she didn’t bring a thick jacket knowing that Christmas season is upcoming. She started to chill and yet there’s no sign of Jinyoung. She sighed and sent him a message again. “Oppa, I’m still here. Are you near already?” She locked her phone and just watched the stars in the sky. It’s 6:30pm already, she finally decided to call Jinyoung. His phone just kept on ringing. She felt so sad because they made a promise. But then she gave him a chance and called him again, still no answer. What happened?

 

Meanwhile, Jinyoung finally woke up and quickly searched for his phone. “5 messages and 5 missed calls from KIM HANEUL!”, he screamed then checked the time. 7 in the evening. He’s dead. He quickly took out the car keys and went out of the house. “Oh man, it’s so cold!”, he said under his breath. He went back inside the house to get a scarf and jacket then drove away so fast going to Haneul’s school.  He didn’t get the chance to call or message her because he needs to be on the place as fast as he could. Thirty minutes and he arrived at the school already. He saw Haneul sitting alone on the waiting shed outside her school, keeping her head down. She’s feeling really cold. Jinyoung turned off the engine of the car and rushed to him. “Haneul, I’m here. I’m----“