She Doesn't Deserve It

You Have Me

 

Next week came and Jinyoung because busy on school and his extra-curricular activities and so as Haneul on her studies. On the middle of the week, he realized that he needed to give the reviewers to Haneul because SAT exam was getting near but he was way too busy. He checked his schedule again to see if there is any vacant time that will follow her dismissal. “Bingo, 2 hours break before my activity for tomorrow.”, he exclaimed causing his classmates to laugh on his sudden action. The next day after his class, he headed first to Haneul's school bringing the reviewers with him. He wasn't able to tell him that he's coming because he's really busy. After 30 minutes, he arrived on your school and that's the time that he gave you a call. “Hey, I'm waiting at the bench near your school gate.”, Jinyoung quickly said the moment Haneul answered the call. “What?”, she asked again and Jinyoung repeated what he just said then ended the call. After 5 minutes, he saw Haneul rushing and running to him and he felt a bit guilty with that. “Sorry for waiting!”, she panted. He apologized to her because she let her rush though he still have more time. He then handed her the reviewers he had back then. “I found it, try to review everything so you can ace it, okay?”, Jinyoung reminded Haneul like his little sister and she nodded like one too that made Jinyoung laughed. Suddenly, someone called Haneul making both of them checked who where those.

 

Oh, hi there.”, she greeted her two classmates who's staring at Jinyoung the whole time. “Is he your new boyfriend, Haneul?”, one of her classmates asked and Haneul's eyes widened on her question. All of a sudden, Jinyoung laughed and introduced himself, “Hi, I'm Jinyoung. Haneul's oppa.”, leaving the two ladies in awe. “Ah, I need to go back to my university, there's a lot more thing to do. Bye, Haneul.”, Jinyoung said as he patted Haneul's head. She bowed to him and watched him went away. She bid goodbye to her classmates too and went straight home because she was so excited to start browsing on the reviewers he gave. She sent him a message saying her gratitude once again and that made Jinyoung smile. Days had passed and Haneul's review were getting more and more intense and sometimes, she goes home going midnight from the school's library. She's not resting because she promised herself to keep herself busy always to forget the bad things. Sometimes, Jinyoung dropped to her school just to see and check her despite of both of them having tight schedules.

 

Not until this one day, Haneul entered the room with a not so good atmosphere and everyone's whispering the moment she came in. She just looked at them and went to her seat. Her classmates were still whispering of something that she couldn't figure out. It made her uncomfortable. “What's wrong?”, she asked herself. Their teacher came in and started with her class but still she felt so unease on how her classmates look at her. Finally, breaktime. She was about to go out of the room when some of her classmates gathered around her. She looked at them with confused eyes. “Haneul, is it true that you got the time when you were absent for a long time?”, one of her classmates asked and she froze on her spot. How did they know about it? Who told them about it? Is it the reason why they are whispering awhile ago when she entered the room? She didn't know what to say. She felt so embarrassed. She just wanted to cry and break down. Everything that happened flashbacked again. “No..no.. that's not true! Who told you about that?”, she screamed and raged out of the room as tears started to escape from her eyes. She felt small. She felt dirty. She couldn't dare to continue her class that day so she went straight home and cried the whole day. Because of crying, she didn't notice that Jinyoung was calling her and that made him worried. The next day, she was so scared to go to school but the fact that SAT exams is coming, she needed to. She had no choice. She just tried to be deaf on everything, she tried to ignore what's happening. She was like that for a few days and if a few more days to go, she won't take it anymore. She doesn't want to talk to Jinyoung or to Dr. Jung because she knew how busy are they though Jinyoung was trying to call her.

 

Another bad day is coming, that's what she sensed. One of her classmates approached her again and she knew that what her classmate will say is bad. “Why?”, Haneul asked. “I think what happened to you was a karma, Kim Haneul.”, he told her and Haneul got shocked on how rude her tone was. “You broke up with, well everyone knows him because of you, and that day you got , right? It's a karma since you are dating two guys at a time. That Jinyoung who visits you here, you guys are dating while you are in a relationship with Minhwan. You broke up with for that guy. Karma is a , right? And so you are.” Those words hurt her so much. How could she judge her, she didn't even know what really happened. Why did they do that to her? How could they speak just like that? She couldn't take everything that's happening to her? What did she do to deserve all of those? She wasn't able to even say a single words after what her classmate told her. Good thing, it was dismissal already. She stormed out of the room and she could hear her classmates laughing at her. She's in hell again. Problems are all piling up once again. Seeing the bench near the school gate, she sat down there and buried her face on her bag and started crying. She felt so frustrated, to the point that she just wanted to stay on where she was sitting for the whole time.

 

That day, Jinyoung has nothing to do after class and that made him decide to visit her since he was so worried of not answering any calls or messages from him. He tried to call Haneul once again while on his way to her school but still no answer. He sighed and just hoped that she attends school. When he arrived there, h called her once again because he knew that it was her dismissal time already. On the midst of waiting for her answer, he finally saw her on the bench. Face buried on her bag. “Haneul~a, are you sick? I got worried because you're not answering my calls and mom wants to see you.”, Jinyoung softly said then gently tapped her shoulder.