chapter 3

It started with 'Hello'

YOUR P.O.V

I got home and dumped my bag on the floor. I was grateful that my brother, Onew, wasn't home so that he didn't have to see me cry. Sadly enough, it was one of the perks of him being the leader of one of the most famous boy bands, Shinee. He hated to see me cry and the fact that he couldn't see me at the moment made me feel a little better - as funny as that may sound.

A few hours later, my brother came home, bringing dinner with him. Lucky for me, I had already finished crying and I had washed up so that it didn't look like I had been crying.

Unfortunately, Onew could sense something was wrong when we were eating dinner.

"Is everything alright Min?" He asked.

"Can I stay home tomorrow? I dont feel like going to school." I asked him.

"No, Min. You can't stay home just because you don't feel like it. Even if you don't feel like it, you have to go because it's the right thing to do. What if one day I didn't feel like leading Shinee anymore? I wouldn't just leave them, I'd stick around. Because it'd be the right thing to do."

This was Onew's philosophy on life. Whenever he didn't feel like doing something, if it was the right thing to do, he would do it. It was a lesson our parents had taught him, and it was a lesson that he taught me.

"So what's up Min?" He asked again.

There was a moment of silence and I took a deep breath before answering.

"Oppa, have you ever made a decision knowing that it was the right thing to do, but regretting later because it hurt someone you loved?" I asked.

Onew looked at me, surprised with my question.

"Yes. As a matter of fact, I have." He admitted.

"What did you do?" I asked.

"I learnt to deal with it. You can't please everyone, that's a fact. If the person you loved can't see why you made the decision you did and doesn't support you with your decision, then maybe they didn't truly love you as much as you loved them. But you also have to consider how they might've been feeling."

"Okay, but what if you try to talk to them, and they want nothing to do with you anymore?" I said, thinking about how stubborn Chae could be.

"People are stubborn - give it some time. If they don't come around, well, Such is Life. People come and go, you encounter hardships. But it's how you overcome those hardships that defines who you are. People really see your character in those times." Onew looked deep in thought.

I smiled at Onew gratefully.

*wow, I wonder where my clumsy brother gets his words of wisdom from*

I stayed up talking to Onew for a while before the both of us decided to call it a day.

"Let's just hope school isn't bad tomorrow..."I said to myself before going to sleep.