Chapter 2

It started with 'Hello'

YOUR P.O.V

The end of school came and I went to meet up with Chae and Nicole, that bad feeling still in my gut. I followed them outside to where they told the new girl to wait for them.

"Wait Chae," I said "I don't feel too good about this..."

"Then don't come and we'll meet you when we're done." She said sharply.

I didn't like this side of Chaerin. It wasn't her, it was her jealousy taking over. She was usually a nice girl but get on her bad side, and she was a completely different person. Knowing how bad this could get, I continued walking with your friends despite the bad feeling I had.

When I saw the girl, I was shocked. She was small and cute, with her hair tied into a bun and her big eyes. She looked so innocent. She smiled and waved to Chae and Nicole, oblivious to what was about to happen.

"Chae, think about this again..." I attempted so stop her again.

"Sorry, I can't." She said, smiling at the girl.

"Unn-" the girl started to say before getting cut off by Chae.

"No, I'm not your unnie." The girl looked a hurt, and I felt even worse

*do Chae and Nicole not have a conscience?* I thought to myself, looking at Chae and Nicole.

I watched as Chae continued saying mean words to the small girl and saw the tears build up in her eyes. I would try to calm Chae down but it was no use. Finally, I saw Chae smirk and lift up her hand.

*Ohno* I thought, and without thinking twice, I stepped in front of the girl, receiving the slap instead of her. The girl looked shocked. Nicole looked confused and Chae, was fuming.

"DAMMIT MIN! I TOLD YOU NOT TO COME ALONG IF YOU COULDN'T HANDLE IT!" She screamed.

"WELL I HAD TO BECAUSE I KNEW IT WOULD END UP LIKE THIS! YOU ALWAYS TAKE IT A BIT TOO FAR WHEN IT COMES TO HIM!" I screamed back. 

"WHY ARE YOU LIKE THIS? WHY ARE YOU ALWAYS IN THE WAY?" She continued screaming.

"NO! WHY ARE YOU LIKE THIS? BECAUSE OF HIM?" I too, continued screaming.

"YOU KNOW HOW MUCH I LIKE HIM!"

"AND YOU THINK PICKING ON INNOCENT GIRLS IS SUPPOSED TO MAKE HIM LIKE YOU BACK? I'M SORRY CHAE, THAT'S NOT HOW IT WORKS!"

The both of us breathed heavily, with red faces. I looked at Chae and softened.

"Chae..." I said, reaching out to touch her shoulder.

"No." She moved away from my hand. "Go. I don't need you. Don't talk to me anymore. Bye Hyunmin." Chae said before walking off.

Hearing Chae call me Hyunmin instead of just Min hurt and I looked at Nicole giving her a nod that said 'go check on her, I'll be okay.' And she went.

I turned to the girl to see if she was alright.

*I knew this wouldn't end well*  I thought.

"Sorry about that..." I said to the girl before walking off, feeling the tears starting to form in my eyes.