More Koreans

I'll be your lover tomorrow

It was difficult. I had to tell Isa urgently about Sari. But I couldn’t. Nobody was going to know Sari and I had ever met. I told Isa exactly what had happened, I just left out Sari. I left out all the fun, the laughing, his voice…

Although it already was already a little late for lunch, it still was very good. Perfectly made chicken, crispy chips and a sauce I could have eaten tons of. Isa just couldn’t stop talking about Key and actually, I had a lot of fun making plans with her. Plans about how we were going to meet him again. “One thing is sure”, I said sarcastically, “if you are going to have another crazy attack the next time we’ll meet him, I’ll make sure he’s never going to see you again!” Isa had to laugh so hard, she choked one of her chips.

It was great to have a little distraction, but still, I just couldn’t forget those beautiful dark eyes. The white smile. Again, a teardrop rolled over my cheek. “Judith, what’s wrong?”, Isa asked and over my cheek. “Huh?” “I’ve noticed you’ve been different since you came back. Not…concentrated. Lost in thoughts.” Now I started crying. Loads of teardrops came out of my eyes, so many teardrops wasted. Sari and I were never going to happen, so why should there be tears? But I just had to tell Isa.

She listened very carefully and I didn’t miss a detail. When I was finished, I felt way better, a little relieved. I loved that fact about Isa: She always listened. She didn’t say anything, she just hugged me and over my hair. After a while she said: “There is a SPA here, do you want to check it out?” I sat upright. “Seriously? A SPA?”, I asked and she nodded. “Let’s do it!”, I said and we giggled.

Two hours later, we were back in our room again, feeling like beauty queens. “That was so much fun!”, Isa shouted and waggled with her deep blue fingernails. Mine were ruby-coloured and filed perfectly. My blond hair smelled like apricot and my skin felt so soft! Isa’s long hair seemed to shine even a little more red than usually and she had flawless light skin. “We look so beautiful!”, I said amazed and we both giggled. We put on light dresses and left for dinner.

It was the first time for Isa to be in the big dining hall and we both were so impressed we were giggling all the time. Oh gosh, we were being so silly! So immature…when we got some food, it wasn’t much because of the chicken we just had eaten, somebody suddenly said “Chudith” next to me. I froze. I only knew one person that called me Chudith. Sari. I turned and stared into dark eyes. Isa gasped. “Key!”, she said a little shocked. She was right. It wasn’t Sari, who was standing in front of me, it was Key. I felt disappointed. “Oh…hi!”, I stumbled. Key smiled: “Do you want to come and sit with us?” “Sure!”, Isa said excitedly. I smiled back at Key and he led us to a table with two dark-haired guys. “Oh my god!”, Isa whispered. Key laughed. “You know us?” “Well…um…”, she started. “…kind of”, I finished her sentence. I definitely didn’t want him to think we were one of those crazy shouting girls that usually besieged them. We weren’t crazy. Well, at least not crazy in that way… “Minho, Jonghyun, this is Chudith and this…”, he started and looked at Isa. “Err, I’m Isa!”, she said and waved a little. Key smiled as he saw the questioning gaze of Jonghyun: “I met them yesterday night…” Isa blushed a little at the thought of her freezing and staring at Key. Jonghyun asked something in Korean and Key laughed: “Yeah, we’ll have to talk English now. That’s one of the reasons I invited them for!” I laughed and sat down at the table, next to Minho. He really was handsome. He smiled shyly and went on with eating. Isa sat down next to Key and darted an excited looking glance at me. I smiled back and concentrated on my baked camembert. “We’re usually five as you might know”, Key said. Minho next to me smirked. Isa nodded: “Yes, where are the others?” Key darted an asking glance at Minho and he cleared his throat: “Onew and Taemin weren’t able to come because of an important schedule in the city.” He had a very deep voice, deep but warm. He was kind of cute. But he reminded me of Sari. Key and Isa started an intense looking conversation and Jonghyun seemed to be very busy with his food.

“How long are you staying in London?”, I asked Minho.

“We are here for another five days.”

“Ah, so until…Monday?”

“Yes, well, we’re actually leaving Tuesday morning…!”, he answered and smiled, “What about you?”

“We are leaving next Wednesday. Are you singing on a concert here?”

“Yap, that’s right. It’s completely sold out, can you believe it?”

“Of course! You seem to have a lot of fans everywhere on the world!”

He smiled: “You know, I love the fans, I know without them, I’d be not where I am now. But sometimes—I just wish I could be myself, you know?” I stared at him in amazement. I don’t think he has ever told somebody something like that. Also, he seemed to be very smart. At least what he said sounded very smart…

“Where do you come from?”, he suddenly asked.

“Germany”, I answered. He seemed very astonished: “Really? Germany? Wow, that’s cool! Can you say something in German?”

“Err…well…Hallo, ich bin Judith und ich habe heute jemanden kennengelernt, den ich am liebsten auf der Stelle küssen würde, allerdings werde ich ihn leider nie wieder sehen“, I said. “Wow, that seems cool!“, he said keenly. I just smiled. Except from Isa, who was staring at me right now, nobody at this table knew I just had said “hello, I’m Judith and today, I’ve met somebody I want to kiss right now, but unfortunately I am never going to see him again”.

We were ready pretty soon and went to the elevators. As it turned out, Key, Minho and Jonghyun shared one room and Onew and Taemin shared the one next to them. “Oh my god!!!”, Isa shouted as we were back in room number 489, “Did you know they were having a concert tomorrow night?!” “Yeah, I know! But it’s all sold out…”, I answered full of go. Isa grinned happily: “Guess who just got two extra tickets from Key?!” “Whoohoo!!!”, we screamed and danced in circles. Now that was great news!

We discussed about what we were going to wear at the concert. It had to look nice and be cozy. But still, it had to be light enough because it was going to be really hot at the concert. In the end, we just decided to wear the dresses again we were wearing at the moment and now Isa had time to tell me about every single detail of her conversation with Key. He seemed to have been very cute and y at the same time. “Oh my god, I wish he was only mine…”, she said dreamingly. “Isa, you’re 17. He’s maybe 22.” “Noo! He’s still 21 and besides, in his country, I am 18…It would be possible!” “Forget it, he’s a star, there’s no way you two are going to get together!” She rolled her eyes and went into the bathroom. “At the end of these holidays, she’s going to be very disappointed”, I thought. I mean, hoping to get together with Key? But wasn’t I actually worse? I mean, I was hoping to get a kiss from a guy I was never going to see again! Love is crazy. It makes you get crazy thoughts. No—Koreans make you get crazy thoughts. Hot Koreans…