The day of the concert

I'll be your lover tomorrow

Of course I had a dream about Sari that night, but all I could remember was his pretty face. Isa still was sleeping so I got up and booted up the computer on the desk and opened Chrome. Then I googled “Sari”. Loads of offers for Indian dresses appeared, so I googled “Sari Korea”. Sari was a city in Korea. Interesting. But not what I was looking for. “Judith? What are you doing?”, Isa suddenly asked. Quickly, I closed the tab and turned around. Isa was staring at my back, only holding up her head. “Well, err…I was just searching on the concert…”, I lied. “Really?”, she said and sat upright. Quickly, I googled “SHINee concert 11.07.2013”. Isa was next to me now: “Click on the first one!” I let her sit on the chair. “I’m going to get ready for breakfast”, I said and went into the bathroom.

“So they are having a concert with FT Island”, Isa told me excitedly when I was back, “it’s some kind of “community concert” of SM Entertainment and Mnet Entertainment, the two Entertainments where the bands are from. Let’s see…ah, FT Island is a boy band with Lee Hongki as main vocalist, Lee Jaejin as bass and vocals, Choi Jonghoon with the guitar and keyboard, Choi Minhwan at the drums and Song Seunghyun with Guitar and vocals. Wow, Lee Hongki looks kind of cute!”, she said and pointed at a picture of the whole band. “Come on, get ready Isa, I am going to look at it later!”, I hurried her. She ran into the bathroom and was back ten minutes later.

We met the SHINee guys at breakfast, but they were in a hurry so they only said hi to us, introduced us to Taemin and Onew and were gone. “Okay, today we finally are going to visit the city”, I said excitedly, “What time do we have to be at the concert?” “Well, it starts at 8 pm so let’s be there at 6, because we have numbered seats somewhere at the back. Let’s go to the SPA before, okay?”, she suggested and I nodded excitedly.

We left at half past ten and walked along Thames towards Buckingham Palace. Isa was very keen and took thousands of pictures. We crossed the river and took a bus to London Bridge. We walked back past London Eye, St Paul’s Cathedral; we saw Big Ben, Westminster Abbey, Houses of Parliament…

When we were back, our feet hurt very much, so we enjoyed the SPA even more. Isa put on her dark green, knee-length dress with a black belt and black ballerinas. It was very light and loose. I wore black ballerinas, too, but my dress was wine-red and glittered. We both made ourselves two pigtails and put them over our shoulders. Then we grabbed some money, the tickets and some drinks and asked for a taxi. Of course, we got a limousine from the hotel, sooo luxury! Everybody was staring when we arrived at the concert hall. As quickly as we could, we bought some glow sticks and a binocular and went to our seats. Isa laughed nervously and said: “Let the show begin!”

The audience started to count down from 20. “…15…14…13…” I grabbed Isa’s hand and we joined the countdown: “…9…8…7…6…” We were almost at zero… “…4…3…2…1…” With a loud hiss, sparks emitted out of the edges of the stage and SHINee jumped out of the ground. Literally. Five claps opened, vaulted the five guys on the stage and closed again. Everybody got up and cheered as loud as possible. Isa and I screamed our lungs out and waggled with our glow sticks. It was a very special moment I was never going to forget. One of my first big visits to a concert!

Suddenly, Jonghyun started to sing and at the same time, the music started. “That song’s name’s stranger”, Isa shouted in my ear and sang: “Oh lalalalalalala, lalalala!” I laughed and jumped with the beat. Everybody was standing, so that didn’t disturb anyone. Minho had a short rapping part and he looked really cool. The next song was more mysterious and even I knew it: Sherlock. “I’m so curious, yeah”, Isa shouted and screamed. The lights changed and let the guys looked scarier. Their dance was really cool. Man, I wish I could move that way! When the song was over, everybody cheered and one after the other, SHINee introduced themselves in English. After every word spoken, the fans just seemed to go crazy and screamed at the top of their lungs. Then, SHINee left the stage and it was totally dark. “I bet it’s FT Island’s turn now”, Isa shouted in my ear. I got out the binocular, but all I could see where shadows moving over the stage.

Suddenly, there was a spotlight on a man behind a microphone. Quiet music started to play and then the man began to sing. He had the saddest voice I have ever heard and he sung so emotional that I felt like crying. “Lee Hongki”, Isa whispered. The whole hall was quiet. I looked through the binocular. The singer was very handsome, but his hair was dyed blond. That just didn’t fit. Then, one could see the whole stage. “Ah, look, there’s Song Seunghyun. But his fans actually call him Song Sari…”, Isa started to shout again, but I didn’t pay attention to her words. Song Seunghyun smiled and looked in my direction, so that I could see his face well, although he couldn’t see me. That perfect smile. The sparkling eyes…I could see everything perfectly through the binocular. He started rapping. He was very talented and had a dark but soft voice. Now that his hair wasn’t wet, it even shimmered in a light brown colour. No, his hair wasn’t wet anymore, and he wasn’t singing anymore but rapping, and his smile wasn’t just for me now. But he was the same guy. “Sari”, I whispered and out.