The "Date"

Is This Even Love?

 

You can hardly open your eyes as the sun shines brightly across your room. You were still snuggling under the covers when you saw the time…

“10:30am?! I’m supposed to be ready by 11!” You shouted as you dashed towards the bathroom.

You came out of the bathroom, drying your hair with a towel.. You then immediately grab your clothes and got them ironed. You were still in your bathrobe when the doorbell rang.

*ding dong~*

You gasped then eclaimed, “That must be Changmin oppa!”

Seeing yourself still in a bathrobe, you quickly wore home clothes to get the door..

 

 

“Eh? Are you still getting ready? Haha..” That was the first thing Changmin said when he saw you in home clothes.

You scratched the back of your back and said, “Heh. I overslept.. Can you come in and have a seat first while I get ready? Sorry!”

“Arasso. Not a problem..” Changmin replied while showing a fatherly smile.

Changmin was of course, nicely dressed. He wore a red checkered tee with black trousers. You ran up to your room as you shouted, “By the way oppa, you look cool!”

He couldn’t help but laugh. *hahah can she be any more cuter?!*

 

 

Changmin sat on the couch, waiting when he finally saw the most beautiful and feminine girl coming down the stairs… You. He thought you looked extra elegant in the simple floral dress topped with a cream-coloured jacket.

 

You waved your hands in front of Changmin’s face when you saw him almost drooling, looking at you..

“Yah you look so beautiful!” He exclaimed.

“Haha really? Thank you then! Now let’s get going.” You replied as you pulled him out of your house.

You guys got into the car with seatbelts on.

With hands on the steering wheel, Changmin turned to face you and asked, “So where should we hang out?”

“Mmm… Seoul? It’s been a long time since I went there. I wanna spend my day there..”

“Okay then, let’s go!~” Changmin agreed as he started driving..

 

The journey was not that long but with the quiet and sorta awkward atmosphere, it felt long. You took a quick glance at Changmin who was driving..

*Honestly.. He looks really charming. Well he is an idol but no one can ever beat my Himchannie!*

You sighed as you let out a faint smile, thinking that you can’t see him for awhile..

“Why __ah? Are you tired already? Haha..” Changmin voiced out when he saw your “bored” face.

“Oh aniya oppa.. I was just thinking about something. Heh. And when are we reaching?” You changed the topic.

“Hmm.. We’re here at the mall! I have the sudden urge to go shopping.  Hehe let’s go!” He said as he pulled the handle break.

You smiled as you got ready to get out of the car when you saw Changmin frantically searching for something.

“Oh, waeyo oppa?” You asked.

“uhm.. I think I left my wallet at home….” He answered, scratching the back of his head.

“Then what should we do? You said you wanted to go shopping and I don’t have much money with me either..” You replied looking confused.

“Can we.. Just quickly rush back to my house to get it? It’s gonna be quick, I promise.” Changmin pleaded.

“Hmm arasso. No problem. Let’s get going then.” You smiled as you put your seatbelt back on.

“I’m really sorry.. In the meantime, why don’t you just think of what we should do after shopping.” Changmin said as he thought of how stupid he can be..

*ahh jinjja Changmin? It’s only the first ride and you already made a silly mistake.. tsk*

 

 

 

 

Soon after you guys arrived at Changmin’s house. He told you not to worry because there isn’t anyone at home.. So you went in and settled down in his living room. You looked around, realising how simple his house is despite him being a famous idol.. You smiled as he ran up the stairs without saying anything.. You fiddled wiith your phone while waiting.

*oh no where is it….!! I can’t make ___ wait long alone. Ugh Changmin get a grip of yourself and trace back your steps. Where could you have possibly place your wallet!*

Changmin was panicking because he couldn’t find his wallet. You waited awkwardly, playing around with your phone and looking around the house…. Until you actually doze off after 15 minutes of waiting..

“Finally! Gaaahh it’s been 20 minutes?!” Changmin smiled but then rushed downstairs as he looked at the time.

He was running to you but suddenly stopped in his tracks when you saw your head resting on the couch.

*This is bad…* Changmin thought to himself as he unknowingly slapped his right cheek. He didn’t know what to do.. To wake you up or not.. He decided not to because you look so tired. So he decided to make some food before you wake up.

 

 

You rubbed your eyes as you looked up and saw Changmin smiling at you.

“Oppa why didn’t you wake me up? It’s almost 5pm!” You shrieked as you stood up.

“Mian.. You were sleeping so soundly so I didn’t dare to disturb. Do you still wanna go out?” Changmin replied calmly.

“Of course! Let’s catch a movie then. I heard there’s a good horror movie showing..” You suggested, not wanting to stay any longer at Changmin’s place.

“Arasso. But come, grab a bite first. I made some sandwiches..” He said as he called you to the dining table.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Soon after filling up your stomach, the two of you went out to go catch a movie. Unconsciously, there were fangirls who recognised both you and Changmin together. Since Himchan had introduced you as his girlfriend publicly.. They started whispering to one another but at the same not letting you see them. Even pictures were secretly taken.

Changmin bought the movie tickets and you went to buy the snacks. After meeting back, you guys went into the cinema. You are not a horror movie fan actually. You didn’t even know why you suggested to watch it. Changmin had to get the couple seat because that were the only seats available..

“Ah! Omg it’s so scary!!!” You screamed as you tugged Changmin’s arm.

Changmin turned to you, looking surprised. Because well.. it is the first skinship he ever had with you. He didn’t know what to do but he had to embrace you when you unknowingly came closer to him throughout the movie..

“Ya calm down.. hahaha it’s just a movie!” Changmin remarked as he poked your forehead.

You did not hear him because you were too scared. Pulling Changmin closer, covering your eyes now and them.

*dugeun, dugeun..* 

 

Changmin’s heart thumped and thumped. He couldn’t even watch the movie properly because he was too flattered by your actions. He awkwardly handed popcorns to you. But you end up throwing it aside when you got surprised. Changmin couldn’t stop laughing at you. Soon, the movie ended..

“____ah! You were THAT scared huh. Haha!” Changmin blurted as he gave a hearty laugh.

“Hey! Don’t laugh. I am a girl after all. Pssht.” You rolled your eyes as you walked ahead.

“Let’s walk together!” He shouted, still laughing.

You guys walked around the shopping mall when you saw Changmin rubbing his right arm.. It was kinda red.

“Omo! What happened oppa?” You pulled his arms.

“Hm.. Ask the girl who suggested to watch a horror movie. Merong~” Changmin said as he stick his tongue out.

“MIANHAAAE!! Let me see…” You pouted as you examined his arm.

“Haha it’s okay. I AM a guy after all.. hahaha” He replied sarcastically.

You hit his arm and left him behind, again.  Changmin laughed while catching up.. He felt like you guys were a couple. It was obviously not an awkward hang out at all. It was as if you guys knew each other for a long time...

 

“Ice skating! Waaaa~” You exclaimed when you saw the big ice rink in the middle of the shopping mall. It has been a long time since you ice skate.

“Should we?” Changmin asked as he held out a hand to you.

You looked at him, then his hand. Suddenly you thought of Himchan.. How he always leads you everywhere.. You start to tear up. Changmin was shocked.

“Ya, wae? Are you okay?” He said as he came closer to you.

“Oh nothing.. Sorry. Let’s go ice skating now!” You acted happy as you wiped your tears away.

Changmin knew something was amiss but he kept quiet and walked on with you.. You insisted on paying for the tickets because you were the one who wanted to ice skate. You guys got your skates on and were ready to enter the ice rink..

“Ooo it’s been so long since I skate..” You said as you slowly enter.

“Haha come on, I’m a pro.” Changmin teased as he held out a hand to help.

The two of you really look like a couple, holding hands while skating. You were kinda unstable so you need Changmin by your side.. Until someone from the opposite side who was speed skating actually hit you. You were about to fall when Changmin immediately hugged you.. Tightly…

“Oppa.. I’m okay. You can let go now..” You suttered, trying to free yourself from his arms.

“No. Stay this way… Just for a moment.. stay..” Changmin said as he hugged you closer.

You were confused. You didn’t know what to do. You couldn’t even free yourself.

 

*What is wrong with Changmin oppa..* You thought..