Jaejoong Is No Longer Able To Speak ?

[HIATUS] Together We Are One

It's been a month since they lost their parents in that awful car accident. The four siblings were still unable to adapt to the changes that was taking place in their lives. The four of them were sent to an orphanage nearby. The days ahead of them would only get more bitter and worst. The four of them were constantly bullied and looked down by the other children in orphanage as well as their classmates in school. People look at them like they were criminals, unworthy living things. Life had been really harsh for the four of them.

" Jaejoong oppa, when will we ever get out of this place ? The people here are all so mean ! " Michiie said as she hugged her eldest brother tightly.

" I don't know, but I hope we wil be able to get out soon. As soon as Yunho oppa and I reached 21, I promise I will bring you and Changmin out of this nasty place. Until then, let us all bear with it okay ? " Jaejoong said as he patted Michiie softly on her head.

Jaejoong groaned in pain as he was hit by another boy elder than him with a stick. The loud thud on Jaejoong's back made Michiie cried again. She hated it when other people were bullying her brothers, hitting them, talking bad about them.

" Get lost, don't hit my brother. GET LOST ! " Michiie screamed as she pushed the older boy down.

The older boy tripped as she pushed him and he landed on the hard concrete floor with a loud thud. He glared at her before he walked towards her, pulling her hair, making her screamed in pain.

" Yah, let go of my sister. Why are you bullying her.. ? She's still young.. She's only 12 ! " Jaejoong shouted in rage this time.

" SHUT UP, DORK ! " the older boy said before he punched Jaejoong hard on his neck.

Jaejoong felt himself crashing into a bookshelf at the edge of the room. He felt immense pain in his throat and his back. Blood started to flow from the side of his mouth.

" NO, JAEJOONG OPPA !!!! " Michiie shouted towards Jaejoong's direction.

Yunho and Changmin who was in the other room heard Michiie's scream and they rushed into the room. They were shock to find Jaejoong sitting at the edge of the room bleeding as he held onto his throat painfully.

" Changmin, go to Michiie and Jaejoong.. I will get the teachers.. ! " Yunho shouted towards Changmin.

Changmin nodded in reply and ran straight towards his brother and sister.

 

 

~ ****************** ~ ****************** ~ ****************** ~

 

 

Jaejoong was rushed into the hospital. Yunho and Changmin nearly exploded in anger when they learned what had actually happened to both Michiie and Jaejoong. Changmin clenched his fists tightly as he thought about the older boy.

" Yunho oppa.. " Michiie called out towards her second brother.

" Hmm ? " Yunho muttered softly to her.

" Will Jaejoong oppa be fine ? " she asked him again.

" Yeah, Jaejoong oppa will be fine. He's strong guy right ? He will be fine.. don't worry okay ? " Yunho said trying to cheer up his little sister.

" I swear I will dig his eyeballs out if I ever see him nearby any of us next time ! " Changmin growled in anger as he sat beside Yunho.

" Aish, Changmin.. I won't allowed you to do that. What difference would it make you to him, if you are going to dig his eyeballs out ? " Yunho said as he scolded his dongsaeng.

" Changmin oppa, don't dig his eyeballs.. Don't go near him.. He's bad and mean. He hurt Jaejoong oppa ! " Michiie said towards the younger male.

Changmin just nodded his head towards his younger sister. " Okay.. oppa will listen to you okay ? " Changmin said as a reply to her.

Finally, the doors to the operating room reopened. The doctors walked out pushing an unconcious Jaejoong on the bed. Yunho immediately went to the doctors to ask about Jaejoong's condition.

" Doctor, how's my brother doing ? " Yunho asked the doctor anxiously.

" He's alright. I managed to stop the bleeding in his throat. He's currently still under anaesthetics.. but he will be awake in another 2 hours or so. " the doctor explained to them.

" I see.. Thank you doctor. Thank you so much for saving my brother ! " Yunho said as he thanked the doctor.

 

 

~ ****************** ~ ****************** ~ ****************** ~

 

 

After three long hours, Jaejoong finally awoke to find his three siblings fast asleep at the egde of his bed. He tried to move his hand without waking them up but he failed as he accidently shook Yunho. Yunho woke up to see his brother awake on the bed. He nearly cried out of joy.

" Michiie.. Minnie... wake up ! Jaejoong oppa is awake ! " Yunho said as he tried to wake Michiie and Changmin from their sleep.

" Jaejoong oppa ? " Michiie said as she rubbed her eyes awake.

Jaejoong smiled as he saw the three of his dongsaeng. He was glad that he was still there to look after all of them. He wanted to tell them that he was fine but when he opened his mouth.. nothing came out. He tried again and again, but still nothing came out.

" Jaejoong oppa, are you okay ? " Changmin asked him worriedly.

Jaejoong could hear them really clearly, but he could find his voice to answer them. He tried to scream this time, telling them he was fine.. but there was still nothing coming from his voice.

" Oppa... ? Wae... ? " Michiie said with tears in her eyes as she shook Jaejoong's arm.

" Wait here, I will go and get the doctor. " Yunho said before he ran out of the room.

Yunho came back with the doctor after five long minutes. Yunho and Changmin immediately asked him what was going on with Jaejoong. Why wouldn't Jaejoong talk.. why can't he talk ? The doctor the continue to check on Jaejoong's condition before he nudged Yunho to come with him.

" I am afraid your brother Jaejoong will be unable to talk for a while. I am not sure if this will be permanent but his voice box was badly damaged from the blow he suffered just now. " the doctor said in a calm tone.

Yunho nearly dropped on his knees when he heard the doctor's explanation. Tears streamed down his face when he thought about all the troubles he and all his other siblings had to face. He decided to calm down before entering the room where he will have to tell the others about Jaejoong's current condition. Finally, after an hour, Yunho had finally calmed down and he was ready to tell the others about Jaejoong. He wondered to himself.. how would Jaejoong react when he gets to know about his own condition. How would Changmin and Michiie feel about this ? Many thoughts were going around his mind but he hadn't a choice to make. He was bound to tell them about it soon.

Yunho let out a long sigh before opening the door to his brother's room. The door squeaked as he opened it slowly. Michiie came running towards him as he stood at the door looking at Changmin and a fragile Jaejoong on the bed. Yunho smiled weakly at Michiie and he bend down to carry her in his arms.

" What took you so long, oppa ? " Michiie asked him as she pinched his cheeks.

" Yah.. No pinching.. " Yunho said as he put her down beside Jaejoong's bed.

" So what did the doctor say ? " Changmin asked anxious to know what's going on.

" Well... erm... Jaejoong.. I.. I think you wouldn't be able to talk for a while. " Yunho said as he looked at Jaejoong sadly.

Three pairs of eyes widened as they all focused onto Yunho. The atmosphere was awfully silent for the moment before Changmin finally asked " But why Yunho hyung ? Why ? "

" The doctor said Jaejoong damaged his voice box really bad when he got punched today. But the doctor didn't say it was permanent.. so Jaejoong, you're going to be fine. " Yunho said reassuringly.

Jaejoong felt like he was going to die. He couldn't speak anymore, he couldn't communicate with his siblings no more. Without him knowing it, tears started to flow down his cheeks.

" Omo, Jaejoong oppa.. don't cry.. it's going to be fine. I will always love you no matter what happens to you.. " Michiie said towards her brother as she climbed on top of the bed to give him a tight hug.

Tears continued to flow down from his already flooded eyes. Suddenly, Jaejoong started to chase everybody out. He pushed Yunho and Changmin all the way out of his room. He was about to pushed Michiie out as well.. but he stopped when he saw her crying as she held tightly on his sleeve.

" Wae oppa.. don't you want me anymore ? Why are you chasing us all out ? Wae ? " she cried as looked into Jaejoong's eyes.

Jaejoong tried to say no, but again nothing would come out from his mouth. He was really upset, upset that he couldn't even communicate with his siblings. He finally gave up and he walked back to his bed and sat there. Michiie walked closer to Jaejoong, more cautious this time as she was afraid he would just chase her out again. She touched Jaejoong softly on his thigh when she was next to him. He looked at her with a sorry look in his eyes.

" Oppa, it's okay.. I know you are upset.. But don't be okay.. Yunho oppa, Changmin oppa and I will always be beside you. We would go through this together. I love you oppa.. please get better ! " Michiie said as she held his hand.

Jaejoong nodded as he bent down to hug his sister. " You're the only one who would really understand me besides Changmin and Yunho. " Jaejoong thought to himself.