The Price I Am Willing To Pay

[HIATUS] Together We Are One

Months passed since the day Jaejoong lost his voice. The days were still the same for all four of them. They were still bullied and get looked down upon, but none of them ever fought back. Yunho told them never to fight back. Let other people tease and make fun for as long as they like, they will stop eventually when there was already no fun to that. The four siblings characters changed drastically throughout the period of time.

Jaejoong had become really quiet and he wouldn't communicate with anybody else except his siblings. Yunho had become more mature, taking the responsibility to take care of his other siblings. As for Changmin, he became every outsiders ultimate enemy. He was rude and reckless, he pays no respect to anybody except his siblings. To him, nothing matters anymore, just his siblings. Michiie on the other hand, she became a little bit more mature. She would occasionally help Yunho in taking care of the others. Although she was the youngest, but she showed that she was able to help out in the family. Michiie also stayed really close to Jaejoong, watching him all day if she could have the chance to do so. She felt so protective over her brother, she felt so bad for her brother. Nobody knows this, including Jaejoong but Michiie had been blaming herself for causing her dearest brother to lose his voice.

 

" Jaejoong oppa... ? " Michiie called out to him.

Jaejoong turned around to face her. He smiled, waiting for her respond. " Omo, my oppa is so handsome today. Girls would be so happy to see you. " Michiie praised her brother who was already in his uniform.

Jaejoong just looked at her, giving her a hug as a respond. He knew it too well that Michiie was just trying her best to cheer him up. School has not been enjoyable ever since he lost his voice. He was always looked down by his classmates and also his schoolmates. Nobody wanted to make friends with him and all he has was only his siblings and the teachers.

" Oppa, let's go. Changmin oppa and Yunho oppa is waiting for us. We will be late for school if we don't hurry.. " Michiie continued to say to him.

He nodded before giving her a weak smile. He then held her hand and both of them walked together towards Changmin and Yunho. All four of them got ready, making sure each and every one of them looked pleasant before walking to school together.

 

 

 

~ ****************** ~ ****************** ~ ****************** ~ 

 

 

When they reached school, all four of them parted ways going into their classrooms. All of them were in different classes, except for Yunho and Jaejoong who were twins. As Yunho and Jaejoong entered their classroom, they went to their assigned seats and sat there quietly. It was not long before...

" Yah, mute boy... can't you talk ? " teased a boy as he threw a paper ball towards Jaejoong's head.

Jaejoong didn't even looked up to see who threw or where the paper ball came from. He looked down onto the floor beneath his seat. Tears were forming in his eyes, but he tried so hard to prevent them from flowing out.

" Ohh right, I forgot.. he can't talk ! Or even cry for help... " said another taller boy as he whacked Jaejoong's head with a book.

" Bam ! "  The book made contact with Jaejoong's head causing him to flinch in pain.

The boys then continue to laugh and make fun of Jaejoong. Yunho was reading his Biology notes when that incident took place. He ran towards Jaejoong's seat, hugging Jaejoong's head to prevent the further blow of the books by the other boys to hit his brother's head.

" Please.. please just don't hit my brother no more. He's sick.. and he can't talk or tell me about it. So please.. don't.. don't bully him already.. " Yunho said as he tried to confront the group of boys surrounding him and Jaejoong.

" Beg.. beg us not to... Beg.. Let us all see how the class president chooses to beg to the class bully... " said the tall boy towards Yunho.

Yunho looked at the group of boys that were surrounding him and then he looked back at a weak and fragile Jaejoong that he was hugging.

" I.. I.. b-be- " Yunho managed to say before Jaejoong covered his mouth with his hand. Jaejoong shook his head, showing his displease towards Yunho action to beg the bully.

" Aww, look.. mute boy is trying to defend his brother.. hahahaha... ! " said one of the boys in the group as they started to laugh at Jaejoong.

Yunho looked and nodded at Jaejoong before giving him a weak smile. " Jaejoong, it's going to be alright.. okay ? " Yunho said to him.

Yunho then looked back towards the group of boys and he said " I beg you please not to bully my sick brother no more. Please... " Yunho said as he pushed away all his ego and status thoughts out of his mind. He didn't regret being humiliated. He wasn't ashamed to help his brother out. He was willing to give everything for his brother and also his other siblings.

" The class president begged the class bully.. how interesting.. " said a boy.

" I will let your brother go.. but you.. come outside, I want to have a talk with you. " said the boy who was the class bully.

Jaejoong looked at Yunho with worried eyes. He held on tightly towards Yunho, not letting him go. Yunho smile again giving Jaejoong a tight hug. " It's going to be alright.. I'll be back later.. okay ? Just stay here, Jaejoong.. for me.. " he said before he followed the group of boys outside.

 

 

 

~ ****************** ~ ****************** ~ ****************** ~ 

 

 

The group of boys led Yunho all the way up to the rooftop. Yunho was worried but he still stayed calm. Worrying wouldn't make the problem any much easier to solve anyways, he usually thought that way.

" I.. I thought you say you wanted to talk.. why.. why up here ? " Yunho asked the group of boys.

" Because it's quiet here.. and I.. can do anything I want with you.. " the class bully replied in a sarcastic manner.

" What.. what are you trying to do to.. to me ? " Yunho was getting more worried with the passing of time.

" Nobody interferes when I bully or talk to other students.. Your brother isn't an exception. You indirectly humiliated me by stopping my act.. now, don't you think you should pay the price ? " the class bully said before he laughed at Yunho.

Yunho was speechless. He didn't know what to do in this situation. He was all alone now, away from his siblings, the only place where he could ever experience love.

" Finish him.. Don't break him of course... Just make sure he can't do anything.. the next time I bully his brother or anybody around school.. " the class bully said to his followers.

 

" Bam ! "   " Thud ! "   " Boosh ! "   " Bam ! "

 

The boys beat Yunho up until Yunho could no longer resist their attacks. He laid there on the rooftop, gasping for air. He was bleeding badly and he suffered from bruises all over due to the non-stop attacks of the group of boys earlier.

 

 

~ ****************** ~ ****************** ~ ****************** ~

 

 

Back in class, Jaejoong saw the group of boys coming back into the classroom.. but there was no sign of Yunho. He wanted to find him but he didn't know where to look from. He wanted to ask the students around school, but he couldn't talk.

" Don't bother finding your brother, he wouldn't live anyways ! " the class bully said to him.

Jaejoong rushed out of the classroom when he heard what the bully had told him. He ran all around the school to find Yunho. He almost gave up hope before he thought about Michiie and Changmin. He decided to go to their classrooms and tell them about Yunho. He went to Michiie's classroom first and he called Michiie out. He didn't even explained anything to her but he ended up pulling her arm as they ran across the corridor towards Changmin's class. He did the same with Changmin as well, grabbing him and running towards an empty spot in the school grounds.

" Yah.. hyung, what is it ? " Changmin screamed in frustration, tired of running around like that.

" Jaejoong oppa.. wae ? " Michiie asked this time.

He took out his phone and type in a message. The message reads..

 

Yunho's in trouble. He tried to help me and he was called out by the bullies..

and worst he didn't come back to class.

 

Changmin and Michiie's eyes went wide when they read the message. The three of them then continued to find Yunho. They ran and search all the floors of the school before they finally reached the rooftop. They searched every corner of the rooftop as well but to no avail. Changmin almost gave up seaching when he heard Yunho. He heard Yunho's voice groaning in pain somewhere on the rooftop.

" Yah, Michiie.. did you hear that ? " Changmin asked his sister.

" Hear what ? " Michiie asked back curiously.

" Yunho hyung's voice.. " Changmin answered, looking at her.

Then they heard Yunho's voice again, it was louder this time. " Yunho hyung !!! Where are you ?? " Changmin yelled at the top of his lungs.

It was not long before the three of them found Yunho sprawled on the floor just behind some old boxes placed on the rooftop.

" OMG, Yunho hyung.. are you okay ? " Changmin asked as he stared as his brother who was still bleeding from his lips.

" Oppa.. wake up.. Open your eyes ! " Michiie screamed as she slapped Yunho softly on his face.

" I.. I am.. ahhh.. fii-fine.. urgh.. " Yunho tried to say before he passed out again.

" Oppa.. NO !!! Wake up.. !!! " Michiie screamed.. trying to wake her brother up.