Chapter Three

Laws Are Meant To Be Broken.

 

'How much further is it?' Ricky asked whilst trembling, partially because of the cold weather and snow that coated almost everything in sight but mostly because the northern lands of the Kingdom were just as they wererumoured to be like; cold, desolate and swarming with crime. Though Ricky hadn't really had a luxurious life but it was good, better than most the people outside the capitals walls this much was evident as they had left the gates of the capital, every town, village or settlement the passed was in worse shape than the one before it. This was all new to Ricky and it scared him. The people he saw scared him, the didn't wear the merry smiles that most the people within the capitals walls did but instead the faces were filled with sorrow, pain and most importantly hatred.

'Not much now, we'll stop at the next village for the night and in the morning we'll head out again. We'll be at the border by midday', said the prince riding ahead of him. He had seemed unfased and oblivious to everything they had seen even though Ricky knew full well that, like him, L.Joe had never been outside of a 10mile radius of the capital let alone this far north and that he wasn't the type to be fine with his people living like this. Occasionaly he would see L.Joe waving to some citizens that would stand by road sides looking at the procession, led by L.Joe, that consisted of Ricky, C.A.P. and four knights, whose names were L, Woohyun, Dongwoo and Hoya. He was apparently to dimwitted to notice the displeased scowls. 

Ricky was too caught up to notice they had entered yet another village and that the people in front of him had stopped until his horse, YongYongie, had collided with Dongwoo's, or as Ricky liked to call him Dinosaurs, horse. The dinosaurs steed had been suprised and frightened by the collision and YongYongie biting his didn't help and was now struggling aganist this riders hold on his reins. As soon as Dongwoo had control of the horse again he turned to Ricky and showed him his gummy smile(Ricky was sure if it was any of his other hyungs they'd have already hit him round the head) saying 'Come on lets go see what all the commotions about'. Only the did Ricky hear the shouting and screams and see the crowd a few meters from them.

Having pushed his way through the crowd he stood beside where L.Joe was knelt and the sight before him shocked him. A man covered from head to toe in blood, not a piece of his torn clothing wasn't covered in the substance. Ricky couldn't see a wound and couldn't imagine what type of wound would cause this much blood loss. The only way he could think of that would cause someone to get like this was if they showered in blood or that every pore on their body secreted it. He saw the man had the princes collar firmly in his grip and was about to step forward to get L.Joe away from the man when as if reading his thoughts L held him back by holding his arm across his chest. It was then that he realised the man seemed to be saying something to L.Joe.

He couldn't hear what the man was saying and he was so bad at reading lips he would have probably though he had said something like 'My unicorn gave birth to chicks last week, they are so cute'. It seemed like hours before the man's grip on the princes collar loosened and his arm fell to his side, L.Joe reached over and closed his eyelids but Ricky had already seen his eyes and the eerie look in them sent shivers up and down his spine. L.Joe stood up, blood down once side of his shirt, a serious look in his eyes. He turned to his friends and before mounting his horse again said

'We have to keep going'

 

Authors Note: This is soooo much fun but a little nerve-wracking because I'm always thinking wether or not you guys will like it.