Chapter Nineteen

Laws Are Meant To Be Broken.

‘WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING HERE?’

‘HOW DID YOU GET IN?! I’LL KILL YOU.’ The King began closing his fingers tighter around Chunji’s throat, who had now gone a bright red colour and was sobbing.

L.Joe finally snapped out of his shock when he heard Chunji’s chokes and saw his tears; he was instantly at his father’s side trying to pry his fingers off Chunji’s neck.

‘Dad. Dad! Let go of him you’re hurting him!’

‘I’ll kill him! HE DESERVES TO DIE!!’

Taeyang was now also by his side trying to hold L.Joe’s father back.

‘How do you even know him? Do you even know his name?!’ L.Joe shouted having managed to half pull one of his father’s hands off, however the other one was still big and strong enough to cut Chunji’s breathing off.

‘Kevin!’

‘What?! Who’s Kevin? His name is Chunji. Chunji!’ the King’s grip loosened enough for L.Joe to pull the sobbing, wheezing Chunji into his own arms.

Taeyang now had his arms around the King and was trying to get him seated. With a hand on the King’s arm he began whispering things that L.Joe could only catch snippets of; ‘It’s just a normal boy….it’s not him, Jiyong ….he’s dead.’

L.Joe in his momentary confusion hadn’t noticed Chunji struggling in his arms and trying to get free from his strong grip.

‘Shhh. It’s okay, Chunji. He just had you confused with some Kevin dude that’s dead. It’s okay. They don’t know.’ He tried to comfort the boy by rocking him back and forth in his arms but the boy just struggled more and sobbed louder all the while repeatedly saying something L.Joe couldn’t hear. He couldn’t understand why it wasn’t working and was going to try again when suddenly Niel was by their side, trying to pull Chunji away from him.

‘Let. Go. Of. Him’ He growled

Only now did L.Joe hear what Chunji was saying.

‘Let go…please….Niel….please let go….Niel…’

Realising what Chunji wanted his arms slackened and not even waiting till L.Joe’s arms were completely off him; Chunji pushed him off and jumped into Niel’s waiting arms. Niel wrapped his arms protectively around Chunji and glared at L.Joe.

C.A.P. was now by L.Joe’s side trying to usher him back to his seat, trying to organize and calm everyone. Limply L.Joe took his place all the while still looking at Chunji’s figure in Niel’s arms. He had obviously calmed down quite a bit as he was no longer shaking uncontrollably and struggling and it seemed he had stopped crying as well. He watched as Niel led Chunji away and couldn’t help but wonder why Chunji had reacted so badly to being held and comforted by him but was completely fine with Niel. Sure they were best friends but was he so scared of L.Joe?

Back to his senses and his brain functioning somewhat, L.Joe saw that his father had recovered from his fit and was addressing the hundreds of guests who until now L.Joe hadn’t noticed, had been watching in shock. L.Joe had missed what his father had said but when his father got up and began descending the steps of the platform, he took it as his cue to follow. As he got up he heard the crunch under his feet and looking down he noticed the broken shards of the soup bowl that Chunji had been carrying and a few drops of blood which he hoped weren’t Chunji’s. He carried on following his father, they walked back down the middles aisle like how they entered and the guests again lowered their heads in respect but L.Joe could feel their gazes on him as he passed them. He could hear Taeyang addressing the guests as he and his father exited.

‘I’m sorry about the inconveniences but I’ll have to ask you all to leave as quickly as possible. King GD has only just returned from his expedition and is exhausted, he needs to rest. We hope to invite you to another feast soon as compensation. Do not take tonight’s event to heart; it was just a big misunderstanding.’

 

Authors Note:..........IM SO SORRY!!!! I know its been ages, well like a year, but I am truly sorry!! A lot has happened in my life and recently its kinda stabilizing. So yh a short chapter... I've already written the next two chapters. It may not be great, I've forgotten most my ideas for this story and a lot of it is jumbled but I shall try my best so please don't give up on me yet. My updates will most probably not be reguilar as I have my alevel exams coming up and yeah. So................SORRYY!!!!! PLEASE FORGIVE ME!!!!