Chapter Twenty One

Laws Are Meant To Be Broken.

Chunji woke up alone the next morning, climbing out the bed he checked for the presence of anyone else in the room. He lifted his hand and gingerly touched his neck that was now black and blue and still throbbed where the King had grabbed him. Remembering the events of the night before he instantly began to panic. The King had recognised him so why wasn’t he in a jail cell or hanging from the gallows already. Perhaps Niel or L.Joe had spoken to him already. Thinking of the two boys he began to realise he missed them. He understood why he missed Niel but why was he thinking about L.Joe? Then he remembered pushing L.Joe away last night even though he was only trying to help, he felt sorry but why should he? After all, L.Joe was the enemy. He didn’t want to think too much, right now all he wanted was to see Niel but he was too scared to leave the room for fear of bumping into the King or really anyone. Just as he was contemplating what he should do the door swung open and L.Joe walked in carrying a tray of food. Seeing Chunji out of bed surprised him, he was hoping he could sneak in, leave the food and leave without bothering the boy.

‘So you’re awake. I’m sorry. I’ll leave and go get Niel for you.’ L.Joe said averting his eyes from Chunji, placing the tray on a nearby table and turning to leave.

‘Wait!’

Both of them were surprised by Chunji’s outburst.

‘..thank you…and sorry about last night’, Chunji stammered. L.Joe nodded in response but still moved towards the door.

Without thinking Chunji moved forward and grabbed the prince’s shirt.

‘…please don’t go…’ He didn’t understand why he was saying what he was but he couldn’t let go of L.Joe’s shirt. ‘Please stay with me.’

As soon as the words left Chunji’s mouth, L.Joe spun around and hugged Chunji holding him to his chest.

‘I’d never leave you. I’ll always protect you.’

*

‘It’s not him, he can’t be Kevin, he may look similar to him but it’s not him and you know that.’

‘But the child! He could be the child!’

‘You know very well that child passed away!’ Taeyang yelled becoming frustrated. He had spent the night trying to reason with his friend but it seemed no use.

‘You mean that I killed that child!’ Jiyong screamed back. ‘You think I don’t know what I did?! But that bastard had magic and might have used it to save his child! Perhaps even save himself?! So he could raise that brat to come take revenge in his stead!’

Taeyang grabbed Jiyong’s collar slamming him into the wall.

‘You had their bodies laid at your feet and you still doubt it! You touched their cold bodies and felt their blood! It is over! They are dead! You killed them!’

Jiyong slumped to the floor admitting defeat.

‘You’re right. I’m sorry. There’s no way he could be that Chanhee. I should go apologise to L.Joe and that boy.’