Boss' condition

That Thin Line

HYUKJAE POV

 

“That’s it for today. Do your best on the MV shoot and I wish your 5th album the best.” Lee Soo Man said concluding the meeting for that day. We are scheduled to shoot the MV on Tuesday morning.

He is about to head out of the conference room when I decided to talk to him.

“Songsaengnim.” I said and gave him a bow. “Can I talk to you for a few minutes?” I asked.

He glanced at his watch and nodded his head. “I still have 20 minutes before my next meeting starts. Follow me to my office.”

“Yes, songsaengnim.” I said and motioned him to go first. As soon as he went out the boys tapped my shoulders wishing me goodluck. I am really thankful to them since I really need that right now.

“Take a seat.” He said as soon as I entered his office. I sat on the couch in his office and he sat opposite to me.

“So, what do you want to talk about?” He asked. I swallowed the lump on my throat and wiped the sweat forming on my forehead.

“What is it, Eunhyuk?” He asked. Lee Soo Man is like a father to us, he may be strict and people regard him as a greedy businessman but in fact, he is someone that we can talk to if we want. But thinking about the reason why I wanted to talk to him, I can’t help but feel nervous.

“So..Songsaengnim.” I stuttered. He chuckled and offered me a glass of water.

“You don’t have to be nervous as long as you are not here to tell me that you are filing a lawsuit against the agency.” He said seriously.

“I am not.” I assured him. “I am actually here to tell you that… uhm,  songsaengnim, what do you think of me dating?” I asked instead.

He looked at me with a knotted forehead adding up to the nervousness that I am feeling right now.

“Dating? Of course you can date, I won’t restrict you from doing so. Is that it?” He said as if it is not a big issue.

“Really?!” I exclaimed excitedly that I forgot about my manners. “Oh, sorry.” I bowed and he just waved his hand silently telling me that it is nothing.

“You guys are already old enough and in no time, I am sure that you will ask me if you can get married. Shindong already started it. You are not getting any younger and it can’t be avoided. I might be inconsiderate at times but I am not that inconsiderate to stop you from living the normal life.” He said professionally.

“But you asked me to stop when I started going out with some girls.” I said.

“Because going out with them is just a waste of time, I know you are not serious, you didn’t even dare to ask my permission if you can go out with them. But now, you are here infront of me asking me if you can date, I guess it is the real thing this time, right?”

I simply nodded my head.

“I can see it in your eyes.” He commented. “I have my own rules and principles when it comes to business but how am I suppose to get in your way if it is about real love?”

“Thank you very much songsaengnim.” I told him. I am very happy to know that he is okay with it, I will inform the guys about it, I am sure that they will feel ecstatic.

“Don’t thank me, I am just relieved that finally, you already met someone that you have the courage to talk to me about it. At least now, I won’t be thinking about the possibility of you being in a scandal with another model, singer or whoever again. Because honestly Hyukjae, you really gave me a rbad case of headache during those times that I almost thought of kicking you out of the company. You are lucky that I can’t afford to lose someone like you.” He said frustratedly.

“I am really sorry about those times songsaengnim, that won’t happen again. And thank you for helping me out.”

“But Hyukjae ah. Don’t tell this to the others! I don’t want all of them dating just because I told you that you can. Let them find a girl which is worth it that will make them talk to me about it, just like what you did. We still need to think about your fans. They will go crazy if all of you start dating.” He said crashing my idea of urging the other guys to date.

“Yes, songsaengnim.”

“It has been a long time. My boys are already a bunch of men.” He said as if he is reminiscing our trainee days.

“Songsaengnim, that is not just the reason why I wanted to talk to you…” I said getting his attention again.

“Actually… this girl, I have known her since before debut.” I told him.

 

“And?”

“We have been in a relationship until she decided to broke up with me because she wanted me to fulfill my dreams.”

“I assume she broke up with you before debut?” He said.

“Yes. She went overseas to study and when she came for a vacation here…” I said but I find it hard to continue so I decided to blurt it all out.

“Songsaengnim, I am already a father.” I exclaimed as I drop down on my knees, eyes shut.

“WHAT???!!!!” His voice echoed in the whole office.

“It has already been 3 years but I just found out about this lately. I have no intentions of keeping this from the company. If I only knew about this earlier, I could have withdrawn from the group since it will be easier back then than now.” I explained.

“YOU WHAT?!! YOU ARE ALREADY A FATHER!!!” He exclaimed.

“Yes, songsaengnim. I am really sorry if I just told you now. I will accept whatever your decision will be.” I bowed my head.

“LEE HYUKJAE, WHEN ARE YOU GOING TO STOP GIVING ME A HEADACHE?” With his voice I am sure that he really wants strangle me now. He glared at me. “AISH!” He said and rubbed the back of his neck.

“Songsaengnim…”I said.

“Stop talking. I am thinking!” He snapped at me.

“Sorry.” I mumbled still bowing my head.

After a few minutes of silence he spoke.

“You told me that she went overseas, how sure are you that you are the father?” He asked. I wanted to feel insulted for Hannah but I told myself that Lee Soo Man doesn’t know a thing so I just answered his question.

“I am very sure.” I told him full of convition while looking straight to his eyes. He stared back.

“What if she is just making you believe that it is yours just to ride with your popularity.” He asked again.

“If she just wanted to be popular, she could just accept your offer when you asked her to sign a contract with the agency. But she didn’t because she doesn’t want to make things more complicated that it already is.”

“Who is the girl?” He inquired.

I remained silent thinking if I should tell him now that I am not even sure what his plans are.

“How can I possibly help you if you are not going to tell me?!” Songsaengnim yelled the nth time since we started the talk.

“You are going to help me?”

“Do I have a choice? You are already in this situation.” He snapped.

“It’s Hannah. Park Hannah.” I told him.

“Park Hannah????!!!! Jungsoo’s younger sister? Even your leader didn’t tell me about it! “

“He has to act as if he didn’t know.” I said and tried to explain to him how Hannah wanted to keep it as a secret to everyone. I told him everything for him to understand my situation and for him to know that I don’t have any plans of choosing my career over them.

Lee Soo Man songsaengnim ran his hands through his face and sighed.

“You do know how important this album is for your group right?” He asked.

“Yes. I will do all my best for this album.” I replied.

“You also know that we can’t afford to have scandals about any of you right now that will disappoint the fans, atleast until you finish your music program comebacks and promotions.” He informed me.

“Of course I know, that is why I am being cautious of my actions lately.”

“But we have to inform the fans about this before the media does. So you see how complicated this thing is?” He asked and I nodded.

“We will have an official announcement about this after your album promotions, until that day comes, I want you to lessen if not stop seeing Park Hannah ssi.” He said with a tone of finality.

“You are asking me to break up with her? I am sorry but I can’t do that.” I told him.

“I know you won’t and I am not asking you to do that, I am just asking you to stop meeting her for a while. You can still contact her if you want.”

“Songsaengnim… can I choose the ‘lessen’ rather than the ‘stop’?” I bargained.

“Aish… this guy. Fine. But you have to bring any of the boys with you, Leeteuk perhaps so that no one would suspect of you dating her. I am serious Hyukjae, you need to be discreet about this as much as possible. I am trying to help you so please listen to me.”

“I understand.”

“And after our official announcement about this, I am sorry to say but, I will give whatever your fans want. You know what I mean.”He said. I perfectly understand what he meant by that, it is either my fans will support me or they will ask me to withdraw from the group.

He pulled me up and held me by the shoulders.

“You might think that I am doing this just to be safe with the album sales. Well, yes. I am worried about the sales if they found out about this accidentally but I am asking you to do this because I am also thinking about your family. If the media finds out, they will follow your family anywhere just to fish information, they will surely suffer a hard time specially the kids. So please bear with this for a while. This is for the best, Hyukjae.”

“I understand.” I said again. “Thank you for considering my situation songsaengnim.”

 

I went out of his office not feeling extremely happy but atleast relieved. The boss’ condition is difficult for me because I definitely want to spend all of my free time with Hannah and the kids but thinking about what songsaengnim told me, I believe that it is better that way. I need to keep my family away from the prying eyes of the press.

“How did it go?” Leeteuk hyung asked me as soon as I closed the door of LSM’s office. I found him, Donghae, Heechul hyung and Kyuhyun waiting nervously outside. I didn’t know that they are still there.

“Fine, I guess.” I sighed.

“That is not ‘fine’ in my vocabulary.” Heechul commented. “Do you want me to talk to him?” He asked.

“Aniyo. I told you everything is fine.”

“But why does it seems like you are not really happy about it.” Donghae asked.

“Songsaengnim understands my situation and he said that he will help me about it.” I explained.

“But… I can sense a but.” Kyuhyun mumbled and I nodded.

“But, I can’t meet or visit Hannah and the kids that much until we end our 5jib promotions.” I added.

All of them sighed and nodded a little disappointed with the news.

“Well, I guess that is better than songsaengnim going against your relationship.” Kyuhyun commented.

“Kyuhyun is right, it is for the best Hyukjae.” Heechul hyung tapped my shoulders.

“We can always hang out with Hannah, everyone knows that she is hyung’s sister and my friend. They will not suspect a thing about you guys dating. Of course you need to stop those worth cringing for, Hannah-is-only-mine-you-cant-take-her-away-from-me actions.” Donghae said making the atmosphere lighter.

“Don’t worry we are here to help you.” Leeteuk hyung assured me.

“Thanks hyung.” I told him.

“Just love and take care of my sister and nephews, Hyukjae.”

“I will.”

 

 

--------------------------------------

I am done sending personal thanks to everyone. Did I forgot someone? Just tell me if I failed to post on your wall. :)

Anyway, Thank you everyone! :)

XOXO