Way To Go Kids!

That Thin Line

                                     

 

HANNAH POV

 

We arrived at the resort at exactly 4:30 in the afternoon. They gave us some time to rest and to settle our selves on the rooms before preparing for the dinner party later. After arranging my stuffs on the room which I shared with the kids, I decided to walk around the resort to kill some time.

“You are going out?” Eonni asked as she passed by me on the hallway of our cottage (the biggest one at the resort) while holding Jieun, her 5 years old daughter on the hand.

“Yeah. I just want to stroll around and take some photos.” I squatted in front of Jieun and smiled at her. “Jieun ah, you want to spend some time with auntie?”

“Yes!” She nodded excitedly. “Eomma, can I go?” She looked at eonni and pouted.

“Promise me you’ll behave?”

“I promise.” Jieun smiled.

“Okay, you can go.” Eonni smiled and gave Jieun a peck on the cheek.

“Come on, princess.” I carried her and pinched her cheek. “Aigoo~ you’re so cute and pretty just like auntie.”

“Self praise.” Eonni said while shaking her head.

“It’s all in the genes.” I snapped back.

“The looks?”

“No, the self praise.” I joked and she just laughed. Jieun and I are ready to leave when my brother-in-law and their 7 year old son, Jaehyun joined us.

“You can put her down, she’s heavy.” Oppa said after giving eonni a kiss.

“She’s not and besides we are going out, right Jieun ah?” The child smiled and nodded.

“Auntie! I want to go with you too.” Jaehyun interrupted.

“Sure. The more the merrier.” I patted his head. “Eonni, I’ll take care of the kids first, okay?”

“Are you sure? They are a handful.”

“I’ll be fine. I love playing with kids, anyway.” I assured her.

“Why don’t you get married so you can play with your own kids, Hannah?” Oppa suggested with a grin or should I say he is teasing me?

“I was thinking of proposing to Prince William but he already married Kate, so I think I’ll work on proposing to Prince Harry so I can get married soon.” I answered sarcastically and they just laughed at me.

“You don’t take these things seriously. You are not getting any younger, sis.” Eonni said.

“You are talking as if I am on my late twenties. I am just 24 years old.” I reminded her.

“In 6 years time, you’ll be hitting your 30s. And believe me, 6 years is not that long.”

“Fine. I’ll fly to London tomorrow and drag Prince Harry to Westminster Abbey and marry him.” I joked, trying to lighten up the topic.

“Stop joking around about serious matters Hannah. You don’t have to marry a prince, just marry someone who will look at you the way Prince William looks at her princess. And I know someone who does.” Eonni said knowingly.

“I wouldn’t even want to know who it is.” I answered.

“Even so, I know you know who we are talking about. Omo~ come to think of it, he is actually a real life prince. He is from the Jeonju Lee clan, right? If I am not mistaken, that clan comes from the last remaining royal family in Korea.”

“What are you talking about, eonni? You are suddenly saying stuffs about the prince thing.” I asked her. She is getting weirder by the minute. She is now talking about royal families.

“You started it with your Prince William and Prince Harry. You already had a big crush on them since you were 15! Move on!”

“I was just joking, okay? So stop saying things about Hyukjae and his genealogy.”

“But that is what his fans are claiming, I did my research online.” She said proudly.

“You are researching about him? Are you a stalker now?” I asked incredulously.  I can’t imagine my older sister doing that.

“I was just curious about my future brother-in-law’s life.” She reasoned.

“You could have just asked him! You are creepy!”

“So you are finally considering the idea of marrying him soon?” Eonni teased.

“Uh! No! I didn’t mean it that way.”

“Oh, come on!”

“Appa, are they talking about Uncle Hyuk?” Jaehyun asked oppa while tugging on his jeans innocently.

I was shocked with what he said. I glared at oppa and eonni before answering him.

“Of course not, Jaehyun. Auntie is not marrying someone anytime soon.”

“But, they told me that Jieun and I will have playmates soon after Uncle and you get married.” The kid answered with a confused look. Seriously, what are they saying to the kids? How am I supposed to explain these things to him?

“Eonni! Oppa!” I whined.

“I just told him that so that he wouldn’t insist on having another brother or sister. Just go with it.” She whispered.

“Why does it have to be me, why not Leeteuk oppa?” I whispered back.

“I already said it so just let it be. The kid will forget about it soon.”

Eonni and is still busy arguing about the matter when I heard Leeteuk oppa’s voice behind us.

“Do we have a family meeting here or what?” I looked at him and saw Hyukjae standing beside him. “Oh, No!’

“Uncle Teukkie, Auntie is getting married, right?” Jaehyun asked him.

“What?” Oppa and Hyukjae said at the same time. Oppa looks like he is enjoying it and Hyukjae looks like he can’t believe it. He faced me with a questioned look. I don’t know how it happened but I feel compelled to tell him it is not true so I shook my head.

“Uncle Hyukkie, aren’t you marrying Auntie?” Jieun suddenly spoke and I think my head is about to explode when Hyukjae’s face lightens up and a smile slowly crept across his face.

“Jieun ah, you should not ask something like that, you are still a baby.” I told her.

“Auntie, I am not a baby anymore!” Jaehyun raised his hand excitedly then he faced Hyukjae. “Uncle, aren’t you marrying auntie?” He repeated his sister’s question. This kid is too smart.

Hyukjae looked at Leeteuk oppa and my brother shrugged his shoulders as if he is also waiting for an answer. I can feel his uneasiness towards Jaehyun’s blunt question so I broke the silence.

“Kids, I thought we are going out?” I asked them.

“Later, I am still waiting for an answer.” Jaehyun replied. ‘Aish! This midget!’

“Well-“ Hyukjae started but I interrupted him.

“I have no plans of getting married soon so stop this interrogation, Jaehyun.” I said.

The kid nodded and I thought everything ended there but I was wrong. The little girl that I am carrying suddenly spoke.

“Does that mean that I won’t be wearing a dress and I will not walk like a princess?” She asked no one in particular, her eyes b with tears.

“You always wear a dress and you are our princess, sweetie.” I tried to console her.

“Eomma said that I’ll be like a real princess with a tiara and my dress will be prettier than all of my other dresses on your wedding but it will not happen anymore!” She cried harder. I looked at eonni asking for help so she carried Jieun.

“Sweetie. stop crying. You will still be auntie’s flower girl. You’ll still wear the prettiest dress and tiara.”

“But she said she’s not getting married!”

“She is not YET getting married but I am sure she IS getting married someday, right auntie Hannah?” Eonni glared at me.

I nodded. “You’ll be the prettiest flower girl in the whole world on my wedding day.” I said just to pacify the kid.

Jieun stopped crying so everybody sighed in relief. I accidentally glanced at Hyukjae’s direction and I saw him looking at me. I gave him an uneasy smile. What is this guy thinking now?

“I’ll just have to wait for Auntie Hannah and Uncle Hyukkie’s wedding, right?” Jieun asked.

“Yup sweetie, and you should grow taller before that day comes.” Eonni told her. I could have interrupted but Eonni’s glare is scary. I think it is her way of saying ‘don’t you dare try to interrupt now.’

“Uncle Hyukkie! You should marry Auntie Hannah immediately! Jieun can’t be taller than me on the wedding!” Jaehyun protested that made Leeteuk oppa laugh hard. What’s up with this wedding thing!?

“Jaehyun ah, you really learn fast!” leeteuk oppa said to the kid with a thumbs-up.

“Oppa!” I whined.

“Don’t worry, you’ll still be taller than Jieun whenever the wedding takes place because you are older than her.” Hyukjae answered while ruffling Jaehyun’s hair.

“Hyukjae ah, I am serving the army soon.” Leeteuk said and Hyukjae just nodded. Are they having their own world now?

“Jaehyun ah, Jieun ah, take a rest first. I’ll stroll with you around later.” I told them. I think I can’t stand another minute alone with these children knowing that they might ask some random questions again.

Leeteuk oppa and Hyukjae offered to join me but I declined. I want to spend some time alone with my DSLR because I have to think about a lot of things. I have to remind myself that the conversation ended that way just because we have to pacify the kids. Wedding? I don’t think it is possible considering all the things that had happened. Don’t expect too much, Hannah.

 

 

 

 

 

-------------------------------------------------

 

The power of the kids... Daebak...

They were grilled on the hot seat. XP

What do you think? hahahaha