Sometimes I Wish I Could've Met You Earlier

I Wish Upon a Star

Yuri POV

Ugh I hate it when costumers get out of hand

I rolled up my sleeves and walked back to the cafe. That girl was pretty cute... but not my type.

I went inside and smiled at her. 

She smiled back! 

I chuckled and went back to work. I saw Fany wiping a table, she was so concentrated that her eyebrows were furrowed together. Soo cute!

I smacked Tiffany's on the way to the kitchen. She had a look of disbelief on her face, as her cheeks turned rosy red. hehehehe

Most people don't know, but I've had a crush on Tiffany for quite a while. Goes back into high school. We were best buddies and did the school's TV broadcast together. Everyone thought we were a couple, and those who knew we weren't thought we looked cute together. It was all good, until she started dating Taeyeon... Taeyeon was her childhood friend, and they even lived together for a while. They were so loving, but I guess Taeyeon thought they lost the spark, and cheated on Tiffany. I was always there for her. Always.

I started remembering the times I had to accompany the couple on their dates, watching them share their love for each other, watching fany give her all to someone who didn't even appreciate it in the end.

I washed the plates vigorously, tearing up. If only I knew her... earlier. Then I could've been the 'childhood friend'. And the one dating her right now, heck, I'd probably already proposed to her. I would never had hurt her

Oh how I'd wish I'd met her earlier.

 

 

Tiffany POV

I watched as the people fought and Yuri was trying to calm them down.

Awww she looks so in charge! So handsome hehe.

That girl seemed really y and cold. Thorn even seemed intimidated.

I giggled as Yuri won the argument and sent Thorn and his group off. She then headed in and I blushed, pretending to wipe a table. Hopefully she didn't notice that I was spacing out and watching her.

She came in and smacked my !

Unbelievable! 

"Oh my!" I put a hand in front of my mouth. Omo!

Ugh I hate it always! Me and Seohyun are always the victims of the workers T^T

I waved to Yoona to help me with the extra orders as I tidied the shop and served people. 

Oh, that brunette came back. She gingerly walked back to her seat and sipped her coffee. I looked on curiously to see what was her expression, after tasting my famous Caramel Coffee.

She swirled it in , tasting it carefully, and then...

She spit it out!

My jaw dropped all the way to the floor.

And just as I predicted she called me afterwards. I shook my head and gained focus. I clumsily walked over.

"Mm yes? Why'd you call me?" She gave me a weird look.

"Uhhh because you're a waitress...?" 

Oh right. I'm on work. /facepalm.

"Oh yes, yes, I meant uhh like, do you need anything? Is there anything wrong with your... COFFEE?" I emphasized coffee...

"Why you are correct! This coffee seems to be warm, it's not even hot!" she demanded to have it redone.

I walked back to the coffee machine and began starting from scratch.

"Freaking brunette... She's the one who didn't drink it for such a long time! Coffee can't stay hot forever you know... geez what's wrong with her... it's her own fault she got into a fight and-"

"Unnie. What are you blabbering about" Yoong and Seo looked at me.

They touched my forehead and massaged my shoulders.

"unnie do you have a fever?! You always start blabbing about fantasies when you're sick" Yoong guessed.

"No no, she's not even hot" Seo replied.

"Hmm then lack of sleep?" Yoong suggested.

"Not likely. Hey aren't you supposed to know? You share a room with her -_-" Seo asked.

"Well I-"

"Ahem. Girls? I really don't want this cup of coffee to go cold AGAIN." 

"Oh right. Unnie"

"Right away, Unnie."

They moved to the sides so that I can walk easier without having to spill anything.

I lifted my eyebrows and gave them the "it's about time you let me go through" look.

I smoothed out my apron and fixed my hair. 

Time to show her who's boss.

"Miss, your coffee. Redone as requested. Would you like anything else?"

"Ughhh! What's wrong with you? Why do you always ask the same question?!"

I didn't understand, what was I doing wrong? She didn't even taste the coffee yet.

"Um well, what do you mean, I mean I don'-" Before I could finish, she butted in.

"Shut up, you're such a bad waitress. If I didn't tell you before, NO! I don't want anything else! I'm perfectly fine with the coffee. Now go away you lazy commoner, you're disrupting my time with my documents."

"Oh well, pretty miss perfect, I'm sorry if I didn't catch on, but how am I supposed to know if you hadn't changed your mind? Just trying to be polite, gosh" Tears were b... I didn't think she would be that harsh.

Before she could see that I was crying, I rushed back into the kitchen. I didn't want her to see that I'm weak or vulnerable, but I guess it was too late. I started crying before I was fully out of her sight. No one has EVER talked to me like that. Ever. I felt so hurt I crouched down and started sobbing. Hyoyeon came over and comforted me.

"Hey, hey, Fany-ah what's wrong, stop crying... ooh poor baby, get some tissues, don't cry shhhhh" She patted my head and my hair. We're really close. I always tell my problems to my "family".

"Look Fany, I have to get to work, but if you need to talk, I can listen to you when we get home, kay?" She stood up and gave a assuring smile. 

Why do people have to be so cruel? What have I done to deserve that? Do I really look that poor? I mean, I study a lot after work at the library to try to learn more and get a better job, and so I usually just wear glasses throughout the day, and I wear cheap clothes like t-shirts/pants and tennis shoes, but that was just mean. I hugged my knees and cried quietly. I swear, I'm going to work as hard as I can and be so successfull, so that I won't have to deal with those snotty rich people.

 

Narrator POV
Well little did Fany know another person was also starting to cry, just by watching her sob away her sorrows. She wanted to comfort Fany, but couldn't, didn't have the courage to.

That girl stepped back, wiped her eyes and sadly went back to work, like nothing happened.

That girl was Yuri.

 

Jessica POV

"Miss, your coffee. Redone as requested. Would you like anything else?" I didn't even look up from my papers. She was probably that loud mouth that was bothering my studies a few moments ago. Seohyun was it? I don't care. There were probably many waitresses.

"Ughhh! What's wrong with you? Why do you always ask the same question?!" I hate it when people ask me the SAME thing over and over again!

"Um well, what do you mean, I mean I don'-" She stuttered and looked surprised.

"Shut up, you're such a bad waitress. If I didn't tell you before, NO! I don't want anything else, I'm perfectly fine with the coffee. Now go away you lazy commoner, you're disrupting my time with my documents." Man she's so annoying! I waved her to go away.

"Oh well, pretty miss perfect, I'm sorry if I didn't catch on, but how am I supposed to know if you hadn't changed your mind? Just trying to be polite, gosh" It sounded like she was choking up. I finally looked up to see that it wasn't seohyun. Seohyun's hair wasn't brown, it was more darker. I just assumed she was because seohyun served me before. I felt so guilty when I saw her crying, rushing into the kitchen. So she didn't ask me that question before. I wronged her.

I frowned. This day was not a good start. I flipped my paper back into its folder and asked for the coffee to-go. I left the coffee shop before I could feel even more worse about that girl. 

sigh. 

I called Sooyoung.

"Yobosaeyo?" Her voice replied.

"Hey Sooyoungie.. sorry couldn't get you and krystal some breakfast, I've had a bad start today"

"ohhh it's alright, just treat me to lunch keke. Tell me about it at work, k? I'll tell your supervisors that you'll be coming a little late bye!"

I smiled. Sooyoung, I would die without you haha. I will help you get Sunny back from Taeyeon. 

I will, I will.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

How was that??

Hmm?

Oh btw, Jessica doesn't know Taeyeon,

she just assumes Tae is all mean and bad, cause you know, sunyeon in the making~

LOL

comments are always welcomed

I won't feel bad if you point out mistakes or things that sound bad in my story,

I'll recieve it as things I should work on ^^

Gonna update another chap soon~ <3