Wae You Do This To Me Bus Driver?!

I Wish Upon a Star

 

Tiffany POV

Immediately after I became conscious, I darted out of Yoona’s tight hug and sprinted to the bathroom to take a shower and get ready for my first day at work.

I wonder… what will Miss Jung think of me? Will she approve?

Now that I had the opportunity, I don’t want to mess up.

I still haven’t had her approval, which means I’m not an official employee yet.

I washed my face and applied light makeup, because I always get enough sleep (so no dark circles~) and I’ve never really had skin problems, so I only needed a few touches.

I looked over Yuri’s choice of clothes.

These are so fancy! I didn’t even know Yul was that fashionable. [Well, fany honey, you don’t know Yul at all hehe :P]

I swear.. Yuri is so skinny, this is pretty tight.

I grabbed a few snacks and a quick breakfast before running outside to catch the bus.

Rubbing my hands and arms, I tried to keep warm while waiting.

Most of the people around were sleepy and very tired.

Did they also work in offices? They’re carrying briefcases… They look so deprived of rest, I hope I don’t end up like them.

Something in the corner of my eye caught my attention.

Seohyun was running towards me with packed lunch… Wait do I see two?

I walked over to her, she was panting really hard.

“U-unnie *inhale* y-you for-got-t you-r *exhale* lunch I pr-prepared *pants some more*” She held up two bento boxes.

“Aww thanks seobaby!” I hugged her.

She just smiled shyly.

“But why is there two o_o?” I don’t eat as much as Yoona haha.

“Because! You should share some with your co-workers!” She explained, nodding her head with her eyes closed, as if she was an absolute expert on making friends.

“Eh? Errrmm well thanks seo.. Although I think I-”

“Unnie the bus!” Seohyun pointed to the bus which pulled over, with people pouring out and flowing in.

“Alright that’s my call, bye! Take care of the shop and wish me luck!... I might need it” I muttered the last part and dashed into the bus.

There seemed to be no seats available. Everyone was standing. There was only a small space in the middle to move around. I became confused.

Yuri clearly stated that there weren’t many passengers on the bus to dongdae street… unless…

I looked at the bus number. WHAT?! I GOT ON THE WRONG BUS!

Without falling, I dizzily shuffled over to the ajusshi that was driving.

“Excuse me ajusshi!! I think I got on the wrong bus! Could you let me get off here?”

The ajusshi just looked at me with an annoyed look, chewing his gum.

“Listen here, little girl, I don’t have time to stop just for you. Besides look around, we have traffic, it’s illegal to let you off in the middle of the road. Just wait for the next stop. And please, if you don’t have any other emergency..” He didn’t finish his sentence and tapped a sticker on the top of the bus’s mirror.

It read “Don’t talk to the driver while he/she is driving. May cause serious accidents”

“But-” I tried to reason with him.

“You don’t want yourself in an accident do you!?”

“But-”

He just tapped on the sticker again.

I folded my arms and frowned.

After what seemed like ages, we finally arrived at a stop.

I felt like the driver was driving extra slow just to kill me, second by second.

I stuck my tongue out at the driver before I ran out of the bus.

“Stupid driver haha I still have time to get to work!” I shouted.

There were a few pedestrians looking at me... But I didn't care :P

Okay.. Now to figure out how to get to the company from here..

The bus drove off and then a red, sleek shiny sports car suddenly pulled over and rolled down it’s windows.

What the?

“Don’t you think you’re so immature? Also, do you know you're running really late already, and on the first day too!” The owner of the car scolded.

I peered in. I've heard this voice before...

 

 

Sooyoung POV

“Sooyoungie?!”

keke when did she give me a nickname?!

“Gumoning~ [this is how Koreans say ‘goodmorning’… They say it with their own korean accents :L]” I waved her to come in the car.

She was about to sit in the back but I stopped her.

“Oh come on, sit shotgun. I don’t bite. I don’t really like it when people sit in the back when it’s just two people, because it seems like I’m your driver (butler) or something. C’mon get over here, before the police sees that I’m taking up the bus stop” I told her to hurry.

She seemed reluctant to sit up front.

“I’ll give you a ride to the company today if you want ^^” Then I thought for a second.

“Well.. you don’t really have a choice now do you? Hehe, you’re already in my car so I’m basically kidnapping you hehe”

Fany didn’t say anything and just stared at the road before us.

“Hey Fany, say something, or else I feel like I’m talking to myself, which would be weird” I nudged her with an arm.

“Huh? Oh yeah um thank you, sooyoungie- I mean, it’s ok to call you that right? Anyways, sorry if it’s a burden, I mean, I accidently got on the wrong bus..”

“Well you’re lucky I found you! Or else you were going to be late! Merong”

“Hey! But that was only because I was talking to someone! And I didn’t really look at the bus number before I went on it” She blew up her cheeks

omo so cute kyaaaa

“Oh? Talking to boyfriend?” I asked

She suddenly blushed thinking about that person.

Well obviously it seems like it's a special person. Maybe she likes him :'(

“Aniyaaaaa! It's a girl! No no not like that, stop making that face! She’s just like my little sister… but I’m biual ^_^” She proudly said.

I just stared at her wide-eyed. She just admitted that she’s half gay…

She saw my reaction and laughed

“I know, I think it’s a bad habit, I say everything I think or do all the time… so I keep bad secrets”

She joked about the last part I think… because she obviously hides a lot of her background life. I remember I was the one who asked her her name. She never really willingly told me about her life before... Just like that 'little sister' of hers. 

“Cute habit” I blurted out.

“what?”

“ahem, I was just sneezing heh” I tried covering it up.

Pabo sooyoung! You don’t want to make it obvious that you like her!

Wait, brain, let me get this straight. We BOTH agree that we like her?! I like her?! OH WOW!

The atmosphere was pretty talkative over the rest of the ride, we chatted about this and that, and shared thoughts about different kinds of people.

She told me how yesterday before she met me, she met this rude woman that called her a commoner!

That means the person thought she was poor or something I think, or maybe thinks she didn’t have a good background on studies or life experience.

“No fany, you are very special. I know you will do good on this new job. I can see your hardworking spirit through your eyes” I flashed her my best smile.

She swooned :D jk jk

“oh…” was all she could say.

“Well, fany, your new work place, we’ve arrived. I would like to give you a tour, but unfortunately I have a board meeting coming up, but I would gladly call some people to help you get around easier. Would you like that?”

“Ani, I think I’ll manage, I mean how hard could it be *nervous laugh* haha…ha… right?”

“There are signs around, and people who work here are very friendly, have I mentioned that before?”

I pulled the car into the entrance gate and Tiffany was already overwhelmed.

 

Narrator POV

Tiffany had never seen such huge and grand place before. The car drove into the front gates and Sooyoung drove in like it was nothing.

Tiffany had her eyes stuck on the window as she gazed at the many flowers and trees and plants that decorated the front lawn, or more like, park. 

She turned to Sooyoung and smiled.

 

Sooyoung POV

Tiffany turned to me excitedly, as if to want an explanation.

"Haha yes, it's magnificent isn't it"

We both continued to admire the place.

The company is absolutely one of the beautiful buildings in all of Seoul, to be honest. It has a very unique sculpture garden, a beverage bar/drink bar with some recreational activities in the underground level, a huge lobby with chandelier and high tech machinery, and the upper levels are all pretty much the same. However, Sica’s office is huge, and surprisingly isn’t the highest floor, but smack dab in the middle. I usually spend my time in her office, since mine is so small. It’s not really fair, I’m in a way more higher position in the company than the regular employees, but I still have to put up with a small boring boxed office with just a small view of the city.

I drove into the parking lot and we both got out of the car.

“Have a great day Fany, if you have any questions, call me.” I handed her a business card.

“Soo I can’t thank you enough” She hugged me, and I hugged back. Throws small victory dance woohoo.

“You’re welcome. Just thank me back by serving this company well. I look forward to sending you home tonight, yeah? Maybe grab some food along the way?”

“Okay~ It’s a date!” 

ASA! (Koreans say this when they win.. it’s like OH YEAH! Or YES BABY! Or WOOHOO!  kinda like those) I got a ‘date’ with her!! YAY!

I know she was clearly joking, but it just feels so good to be able to be bonding together this fast. I mean, she's so comfortable with me... I hope. Calling me 'Sooyoungie' is a start, isn't it?

I walked into the opposite direction as Fany to a building where the board meetings were held. Meetings were never held in the main building, mostly because we wanted it to be more private and secreted so that the media or other office workers won't know or leak out the information.

I scanned my ID card and punched in my code.

The door opened and I greeted the board advisors and associative group good morning and took a seat next to Jessica’s.

Perfect. I'm right on time. Aaaaaand of course. She’s late as always.

Before I could reach into my bag and call her, two people walked in, and everyone turned to gaze at them.

Most gasped and some stood up to show respect.

I looked.

Wrong move.

Oh great.

Of all the days, you had to show up today. And with that girl.

I put my head down and covered it with my hands.

I talked to myself in my head.

I guess she really dumped me for that girl, huh. I guess I kind of got over her though, with Tiffany coming into my life. Besides, I knew this day was going to come anyway. It surprises me that I actually unconciously prepared for this.

I need to get out of here.

Please don’t look my way, Sunny.

 

Jessica POV

I slipped on my blazer, took a yogurt and then left a note for Krystal.

I went into the garage and picked out the car for the day.

Silver Lamborghini is good.

As I pulled out of the driveway, I saw across the street… Sunny?!

What is she doing?! That’s definetly NOT Sooyoung’s house. Sooyoung lives pretty far from here. What's she doin-

Sunny was linking arms with another girl.

Shortie.

I thought about it for a while, that must be Taeyeon!

I pulled out of the driveway and drove next to ‘Taeyeon’s house’.

Sunny looked shocked when I walked out of the car. I folded my sunglasses and looked at both of them carefully.

Biting the tip of my sunglasses, I scanned the shortie that was supposedly Taeyeon.

She’s.. like a kid. Her skin is so white and her eyes. I feel like drowning in them.

“So Sunny, mind introducing her to me?” I narrowed my eyes.

Sunny gulped.

“Actually, I was going to introduce her to you at the meeting. To all of the board members.” I could see that she gripped onto Taeyeon’s hand harder when she said that.

I waited for Taeyeon’s comment on that, but she said nothing.

“Okay. I’m looking forward to meeting you…?”

“Taeyeon-imida” she offered a handshake, but I didn’t accept it, and just walked closer to her.

“Nice knowing your name, Taeyeon, and I’m sure you know who I am?” I traced my fingers on the outline of her face. So soft…

“N-ne” Taeyeon shivered.

 Sunny looked like she was ready to kill me. Hehe, just some teasing, chill girl, chill.

“Good. See you two at the meeting! Annyeong you shorties”

“Yah! You’re not too tall yourself!” Sunny was pretty angry now.

“Ara, I know” I rolled my eyes.

I drove off thinking of where to get sooyoung some breakfast. It's the least I can do, you know, to get her breakfast, since she does a lot of the work for me.

And then suddenly, Yuri popped into my head.

The cafe...

She always mesmerized me.

Could it be that I’ve fallen for her?

No, you can’t possibly fall for someone you met only once.. can you?

That dark… y-figured girl from the café..

I miss her, lets pay a visit.

There was not a lot of time left before the meeting, but I decided to go to the café anyway.

After I walked in, Yuri came to me looking very calm.

Did she miss me too? Or did she expect me to come before?

She pulled my wrist and we went outside.

“Woah, Yuri, I just wanted to get some coffee… What’s the big deal?” I rubbed my wrists. They hurt.

“Oh sorry…” She stared at my red wrists.

She took them in her hands and softly massaged them.

Before she let go, she patted them to make me feel better.

I savored the moment. Stop making me fall for you, you dummy.

“By the way, just because I’m being nice to you doesn’t mean I have forgiven you yet.”

Wait what?

I felt like a sharp knife struck me in the chest.

“What are you talking about?”

“I specifically told you to treat other costumers with more friendliness, but then you didn’t just rudely yell at our workers, you also made her cry. When I said customers, I didn’t just mean customers, I meant everyone. I just thought you gave less respect to other buyers because you were likely to fight with them more. I didn’t mean that you could treat the employees that way. No, not at all.”

I remembered that girl waitress. That uneasy feeling was stuck in my guts again.

“ARGhh!” my head started to hurt just by thinking about it.

“Miss! Are you okay? Are you hurt?” Yuri panicked and touched my head.

The pain went away when she touched me so gently.

I blushed. Our faces were so close.

I forgot about everything, that girl I hurt, Sunny’s new girlfriend, the meeting… Everything.

All I want to think about is Yuri’s face.

She stared at me, still worried.

Before I knew what I was doing, I leaned in and gave her a peck on the cheek.

I didn’t want my first kiss taken yet. I want it to be special, so a kiss on the cheek will do. >////<

Yuri blinked several times.

“M-Mis-ss…”

“Call me Jessica, Jessica Jung.” I said.

“J-jesshika.. What did you just do?” She slowly stepped away from me.

I started to get really nervous.

“I. I, I don’t even know, I just thought that you liked me! I just… I like you.” I confessed hurriedly. I could already feel like she was trying to get out of the situation.

“But Jessica, I’m sorry. I have someone I like. I mean I like you, but I LOVE this other person. It’s very different.”

“Well let me show you how much you mean to me! I like you, and you like me, and the person you love doesn’t love you, right? Or else you guys would be dating already..? So just let me...”

Yuri, please be single.

“I’m sorry, but I only love her. I’d wait a lifetime if I had to.” With that she walked back to the shop, looking at me sadly with those round black orbs while I drove away, wiping my tears.

Was what I felt for Yuri just puppy love?

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Broken Yulsic :'(

And Yulti *sob*

Ok so the arrows show affection. Basically who likes who.

Jessica--->Yuri--->Fany<--->Sooyoung--->Sunny--->Taeyeon

Plus some extra ones (They will realize it later on):

Jessica--->Taeyeon

Seohyun--->Fany

Yoona and Hyo... Hmm I might make it Yoonyul LOL

Jk I haven't thought about it yet.

but maybe.

Jeti moment-ish next chap!

notice the 'ish'... Not really a moment. But you'll see what happens...

I'm comment poor :P