I Love You I Love You

I Wish Upon a Star

Yuri POV

I hated Taeyeon.

She was always the barrier between me and Fany.

I sighed as I helped the girl of my dreams fix her shirt.

The touch of her skin would just make me shiver, and I gently smoothed out her top, admiring her pale neck.

While talking to Hyoyeon, she pulled up a chair and began eating. I almost forgot that she had work today, but before I got a chance to talk to her about Taeyeon, that ungrateful dork came from upstairs.

Way to make an entrance, Taeng.

Her hair was disheveled and messy, not to mention she was wearing Tiffany's PJ's. I glanced over to Fany, and dropped so low that Seohyun helped her shut it.

"Welcome Taeyeon. Have a seat, join us for breakfast" Hyoyeon, despite all the warnings she gave to Tiffany, was treating Taeyeon very well.

"Good morningggggg~" Yoona didn't know about Taeyeon and Tiffany's past, so she was the most calm one when we came back from the party. She was so normal about it when she was left to share a room with me. I face palmed myself when she hugged Taeyeon.

"Taeyeon, good morning" I smiled fakely, trying to keep an upbeat and appealing look.

"Good morning, everyone" She grinned and took a seat between me and Fany.

"Uhh, Yuri, could you scoot over a little? Thanks" She looked at me.

I growled at her in my mind, reluctantly sliding my chair away from them.

Me, Hyo, Seo all exchanged looks, not knowing what to do.

Yoona was just blabbing off like a water faucet, not knowing when to stop.

I sighed. I grabbed a glass of milk and chugged it down, I was so thirsty after worrying about Taeyeon.

"Taeyeon-unnie! How long have you guys been dating?" Yoona really wanted to get to the bottom of this.

Immediately I choked on my milk and coughed.

"Woah, you ok Yul?" Taeyeon turned to me, patting my back.

Ughhh get your dirty hands off me...

"*cough* ack..*cough cough* Yeah I'm alright, just drank it too fast, that's all"

Fany was really worried and came over to me, wiping my face and the table.

"Oh no.. Your shirt is all wet!" She took a few napkins and started drying off my shirt.

AHHHH!!! Kill me now T~T She's touching my chest...

I was in heavennn ~_~

"Yah! Fany! You're going to be late for work!" Taeyeon hustled my Fany over and led her to the front door.

KIM TAEYEON! YOU!!!

Seohyun ran over, giving Fany a lunch box.

"U-unnie... I-I made this for you..." I glared at the goguma-lover, but she insisted.

"Oh Seohyun! Aww thank you, but a friend of mine is taking me out to lunch. Give it to Yoona, she looks starved" She let out a melodious laugh that melted all three of our hearts. (Taeyeon, me and Seo)

"Yeah Seobaby! Give it to me~~" The choding grinned happily.

"YAH! I need food too!" Hyoyeon fought for the bento with Yoona.

I watched as Taeyeon and Tiffany left the house. Should I give up?

This undeniably painful feeling was horrible.

I loved her. 

 

Tiffany POV

Taeyeon herded me to the front door.

As she closed the door behind us, she took my hands and placed them in her's.

"Fany ah. I know yesterday was so crazy, and so sudden, but I wanted to tell you why I came to your house the first place."

I nodded, allowing her to continue.

"You see, I left you long time ago... and I made a terrible mistake! I'm sorry. Honestly, I don't even know who my heart belongs to anymore. But I do know for sure I miss you. After all those events that happened yesterday I wanted to apologize. I wanted to see you again, because your beautiful sleeping face was so alluring."

She paused, snaking her arms around my waist, resting her forehead against mine.

I smiled.

"Tae..."

I closed my eyes, our noses touching.

This brought me the familiar feeling of love. The times before we broke up.

"I can't promise you anything Fany. I'm not asking for anything either, just let me show you, let me repay you for all the pain I caused."

Tears splashed on my face, but they were not mine.

My eyes fluttered open, this angel in front of me is crying tears of sincerity. 

Yet, my heart is still hesitant, still on the balance beam of trust.

"Taeyeon... I don't think I can commit to a relationship with you... anytime soon, for that matter. But I know deep down, I think I can find a way to forgive you. I'm sorry about, you know, if my friends were protective of me, but if you are a woman of your words, I think they'll see that you are true to your promises."

She cupped my face, and gave me a chaste kiss, simple and pure.

"Fany, have a good one, truly I wish you to."

I lowered her hands. Without replying, I simply eye-smiled back.

"Show to me Taeng, show to me, you mean it. But for the time being, I can't be with you. Don't hurt Sunny, she's a nice girl. She deserves better." the words slipped out of my mouth, unintentionally, but it was genuine.

I watched as the dorky girl waved goodbye, growing smaller with each step I took.

Today I didn't feel like calling Sooyoung, maybe because of the kiss yesterday, or maybe because I slept with Tae.

The chilly wind roared and attacked me while I waited for the bus.

I stood there, contemplating about my life now.

Sooyoung... Taeyeon... and not to mention that crazy boss of mine.

Jessica Jung.

How could I have forgiven her that easily? I feel like it's going to be really awkward next time I see her.

Suddenly flashbacks of her body wrapped in just a towel invaded my mind.

She was so y.....

Aishhh what am I thinking.

The bus arrived. I checked the number just in case.

Don't want to take the wrong bus again.... ><

I chuckled to myself and took a seat next to a sleeping girl. I looked outside. Everyone was so busy. The old machine coughed and wheezed, making the ride very bumpy.

I hope it's going to snow soon, it would be very romantic for me and-

I stopped. Realizing that I had no lover... No one to cuddle by the fireplace, no one to drink hot chocolate with, no one to share a scarf...

All those were once Taeyeon. 

"*sighhhhh*" I swung a leg over the other, crossing my legs, but accidently hit the other girl's foot.

What the,,, she's wearing heels?! And she has expensive ones too... I know that brand! 

My eyes observed her attire.

There was an unusually large poncho she was wearing... and you couldn't see her face that well, but she was wearing very stylish and fashionable jeans with lacy rims.

Surely this girl sleeping next to me is some kind of rich heir. But what puzzled me most was that she was taking the local bus.

Curiosity was killing me! 

I was so absorbed in thinking that I didn't see that she was slowly waking up, and the fact that her head was facing the other way to the window didn't help either.

She mumbled some incoherent words and then switched sides, resting her head on my shoulder.

Immediately I felt all the hairs on my body get electrified. o_o

OMO OMO OMO OMO OMO WHAT DO I DOOOOO

Careful not to disturb her, I brushed my hair to a side and turned my head to see her face. Since her hair was in her face, I used my left hand and unveiled her identity.

I gasped so loudly, that neighboring bus-riders looked at me with questionable expressions.

^^; that's right Fany... smile and act normal.

She twitched and opened one eye cutely.

I was already sweating...

IT WAS... JESSICA.

Once she saw my face her eyes widened, also surprised. 

"WHAT THE ?!" She touched her face, mumbling some other words.

"omgomgomgomg is my makeup okay? Do I have smeared lipstick? Did I say anything during my sleep? Do I look okay? Maybe I need to touch up on my mascara.... I need to impress-" 

She noticed my quiet presence and turned back.

"What the hell do you want with me... Did you molest me in my sleep?!" She accused me, pointing a finger.

I rolled my eyes.

"Ugh hellooooo you were the one who started to lean on me and snuggle on my arm! I didn't even know it was you! I mean come on, you have a poncho on and barely any makeup." I complained.

"..." She didn't have anything to say to that.

"Anyways, who would want to molest you?"

"YAH!" She punched me hard.

"OW! What's your problem! Man you're so manly."

Suddenly, the bus jerked forward and she lunged forward, kissing me.

I blinked, my brain still not registering what happened.

Her lips were soft and gentle, but I did not get to savor it because she pulled back, shocked.

"I-I'm so sorry." She blushed. Wow this is the first time seeing her being embarassed that bad.

I didn't want to make it awkward, so I just said.

"Whatever the kiss wasn't that great anyway." Her eyes widened.

"yah!! Your kiss wasn't great either!"

"Whatever. You get the point. You=bad kisser=no one wants to molest you even if they were forced to." I smirked.

Deep down I was actually happy that we got to get over that weird kiss so quickly. Although I was still thinking about it in my mind... Did she also?

Before she got to think of a come back, our stop was here.

She took the opportunity and pulled me off the bus roughly, walking fast, right hand clutching mine runing, and the other hand grasping onto her hood/poncho so that it wouldn't reveal her face.

My heart beats were quickly faster. Of course it was because I was running, right?

Fany's brain: But Fany-ah! You guys aren't even using that much energy... 

Fany: Oh shut up brain. 

Fany's brain: Woahhh someone's y today. You're just making an excuse that you think she's y.

Fany: What the fudge cookies?! What the heck? Are you a byun...!

Fany's brain: Hey my thoughts are your thoughts. You're the byun! You know you want her... Meowwww~!

Fany: What are you talking about! We're pure enemies! I'm wearing a pink headband today and she's wearing a blue one! I'm loud and she's quiet. I'm pretty and she's ugly-

Fany's brain: Uhh sorry to interupt, but according to me, your awesome brain, you think she's gorgeous. Not to mention y.

Fany: ...

All this thinking and talking to myself was making me feel dizzy.

I shook out the excess thoughts and continued to keep up with Jessica. I mean, not that I had a choice, you know.

As soon as we reached the gate, she led me to a special-

Scratch that, not special, a secret door on the right, next to the lane where the cars that go out of the company have to pay their parking fee or swipe their card.

I was getting tired, and out of of breath, so I lightly tugged on her enormous poncho.

"Ms. Jung... Please... I'm really really tired. Could we go a little more slower?" 

Jessica turned to me, surprised that I still called her Ms. Jung and not something insulting.

"I-I'm sorry, I must've went too fast."

Suddenly a car came up the lane, flashing, probably papparazzi, and Jessica quickly opened the secret door, pulling me in with her.

"Wait- Ms. Jung, where are we goi-"

With the force of her pull, my body unwillingly twirled into her arms, and we ended up in an most embarassing position.

I was flat against the wall, with her hands both at the sides of my head, at eye level.

Her body was pushed up against mine, I could even feel her chest heaving up and down. I was too afraid to look up, so I just stared at her feet.

It was so awkward, that we didn't dare move. If we moved at the same time, who knew what would have happened. 

I could've 'accidentally' kissed her! Or worse!

"Okay... Ms. Jung... You can umm m-move aside now" I blushed when I saw her face, pink and embarassed, as she quietly removed her hands.

"S-sorry." She looked at me straight in the eyes, but then trailed off to the side, and then slowly she leaned forward again.

"Ms..??" I started panicking.

She came closer and closer and closer...

I shut my eyes, ready for what was to come.

But all I felt was her hands, pulling me from the dusty wall.

"Aigoo, Fany-ah, look at your back, it's all dirty!" She ruffled my shirt and tried to get the dirt off of it.

My heart was still beating so fast.

aish! Stupid fany... you thought she was going to kiss you, weren't you! you byun! >< you cannot sleep with the enemy!!!

"Th-hanks. Oh!" I stopped my sentence, amazed by the beautiful sculptures that surrounded us, pale white, with a few bird poop here and there, but still made with skill and very well kept. 

I gently pushed Jessica aside. This was so breath-taking. Of all the horrible years of my past, not once was I allowed in such a quiet, peaceful, yet magnificent place.

I always remembered the sculpture garden to be just plants and bushes and flowers, but this! This must be another section I've never been to before. The birds chirped proudly as the insects happily harmonized. I looked back at Jessica smiling.

"I didn't know there was a place like this. Why'd you bring me here?"

She looked at me, still keeping a cool and cold face. 

oh when will I get to see that smiling face of your's again? Wait what the totoro am I saying?!!

"W-who s-aid I wanted to sh-how you this? I h-had no choice. We needed a shortcut, and this was it." She said without looking at me, advancing ahead, leading the way.

"But Ms. Jung, if I'm not mistaken, this route is actually farther and much longer than the regular route on the main road." I admired the bright and vivid flowers, which looked like paint had been splattered on them, having different light colors, mixing. 

"...Wh-hatever! Now come on, we need to get you out of that shirt. If I'm seen with you like this, it would hurt my image a lot, don't you know that?!" 

I stopped looking at the garden and plants and halted to a stop. Did I hear what she said? 

I felt like a rock had slowly emerged between my throat, making it hard to swallow. The sun's bright light shined in my eyes, blinding me for a second. I lifted my hand a little, blocking the glaring rays. As if to comfort me, the dry wind brushed against my quivering lips, I opened them slightly.

"I.....I-I...." I was lost in my mind. For a moment I was stunned.

Everything, time, space, paused, swirling in madness. I shifted, feeling the hard gravel under my feet rub against the soles of my shoes, and turned to a nearby bench, sitting down.

Suddenly my enviroment seemed so real. So bold and extravagent. I sighed as Jessica turned, aware of my sudden break. The heat from my mouth formed wisps, curling up in the chilly air, dancing and free, before withering away into nothingness. Life was so bitter.

My heart was beating, fast, as if it had a mind of its own. This was happening to me too often now... 

Taeyeon...

Her name rang in my ears. Remembering the locked memories from deep within my heart, it hurt me. Poisoned me. Destroyed me from the inside.

"Fany-ah!" My beautiful girlfriend came from behind me, clutching my arm, swinging her head to the side.

She grinned. Happily and content.

As I always responded, I smiled, with love that was pure. If only it showed.

"Taeyeon!" Only, this didn't come from my lips.

Immediately, Taeyeon let go of my arms, sliding off naturally.

Our moments never lasted.

I didn't question my girlfriend's loyalty. I always forgave her. I was there for her, whether she wanted me to or not.

"Sunbuns! I'm so happy to see you! I missed you so much~" She left me like lightning, springing away to embrace the friend of her's.

Like magnets, they stuck together, and chatted happily. I didn't feel bad that she said she missed and was happy to see Sunny and didn't say it to me. I was satisfied with just the fact that I had her heart. Or so I thought.

We were at the park, and they of course, ran through the grass together, sharing their happiness.

I always assumed they were best friends, or childhood friends, for that matter. With each step they took, small tufts of green roots and grass would get sprinkled into the air just above the ground. Looks like even Mother Earth approved of their love for each other

I was no fool. I knew she was going to leave me sooner or later, but the timing was so vital. Jessica sat next to me, but I didn't look at her.

I blew out a breath, exasperated with my own thoughts.

I smiled as I watched my love have the time of her life with Sunny. I felt so alone, so bare, standing there, awkwardly. 

"Taeyeon" I said, firm and loud, but she did not hear.

"Taeyeon!" I said, louder. Still, the same result.

I gave up. "Okay then, I'll just be going. Have fun. Remember to keep warm..."

Just like that, I gave up at that moment. Just allowed time to take its toll, allowed time to slowly rip us apart from each other.

With that, I slipped away, like a shadow. And I didn't hear from her until the next morning.

She was cranky, is all I remember. Not loving the fresh flowers I picked from our garden, which she always loved, also throwing her stuff on the floor and leaving a trail of dirty clothes for me to pick up.

I dared not to ask her where she went that night. It was too obvious for me, and she knew that too. We spent the week feeling as distant as ever, even if she was just literally by my side.

Jessica s an arm around my shoulder and pulled me to rest on her's. I settled comfortably in her company and reached for her hand. She gave me an assuring squeeze.

"Was... was it something I said? or did?" She whispered.

No reply came from me, as I continued to dive back into the pool of thoughts.

"Tiffany, grab my phone, will you?" She stopped using the nickname she thought for me. She didn't even call me 'wifey' anymore.

"Ne. I will." I just obediently obeyed.

I walked into the empty meeting room, and grabbed Tae's stuff. Returning, there were many reporters around. I didn't go into the office, since I had a blood stain on my shoulder. It was from an open cupboard door, and I was trying to make a pear tea for Taeyeon's stressed body and mind. It needed some honey, so I reached downwards, but I didn't notice that I forgot to close the cupboard on top of my head, so when I stood back up, the sharp corner of the cupboard injured my shoulder. I had to get Taeyeon's files and papers ready for the meeting so I forgot about changing my clothes.

Surprisingly, Taeyeon did not notice the blood or ask about it this morning. I don't think she even looked at me in the eye this whole week. 

Nonetheless, I work hard for her, to make her life just a little better is enough for me.

"TIFFANY! GET IN HERE NOW. I need my phone! Sunny has an important business call for me" She never screamed. Never. She was always so kind and soft.

I hesitated, not knowing what to do. Should I just cover my shoulder? That'll look weird. 

I peek in and most of the reporter's cameramen were just resting. I decided it was ok for me to go in.

"Here, Taeyeon, I got you your stuff too"

"Good. Now- what the hell Tiffany, get your clothes changed and meet me back here, refreshed! If I'm seen with you again, you're going to ruin my image and my reputation if you keep being innapropriate with your wardrobe choices, do you know that?!"

"But I don't ever!" I yelled back. Being bossed around was one thing, being accused of something I didn't have fault in was another.

Her eyes grew dark and she pulled me out of the room, and into a private one.

"Don't! Just stop! I'm sick of you! Okay?! What is your problem? Can't you get anything right? Do you want to embarass me? Don't you love me anymore?!" She screamed, furious.

Her voice was shrill, piercing. I've never heard it before, I was so scared. Tears fell like waterfalls down my face. My heart ached.

"You know the answer. I think I should ask you." I rasped, though in the midst of an arguement, it sounded like a cry.

I didn't notice that I was also, crying, in the present times, burying my face into the comfort of Jessica's arms.

Taeyeon looked at me, her lower lip trembling.

I closed my eyes, waiting for the bomb to land.

"I'm sorry. It looks like I don't need to explain. I'm sorry Tiffany, but I cheated on you. I cheated on you because I wanted to. I thought I could have two people in my life, but it became out of control. It was like a train, that lost it's tracks, swivering in random directions. All I could do is take the easier way out. Sunny. We're more alike in ways and she is also part of the higher class, even if I loved you more. I'm sorry but if you really loved me then you would've cared for my image. *sigh* I guess only Sunny will understand. My career is as important as my love" she stopped to look at me with the last glimpse of our love for each other fading away. "but if my love and my career is too hard to balance, then I must choose another. I'm sorry. You'll see my stuff out by tomorrow."

The final bomb came, bearing the pain in my heavy soul.

She left.

I was alone.

"Taeyeon... T-aeyeon.. Can't you see I love you so much? I love you I love you I love you! What have I done wrong!?" I finally crushed down, my poor heart failing and broken. Insanity took hold of me as I screamed in horror.

I ran. 

That's all I knew.

Ran and ran and ran.

I went around the bend, then in the corner of my eye, I saw a girl. Peaceful, lonely, cold and innocent. She was next to an old brick building, sitting near a supermarket, begging. The dirty, mud-stained newspapers blew onto her face and the frequent costumers came and went, ignoring her. Several cats had invaded her little area, sometimes stealing her food or attacking her when she tried to protect it. She looked like Seohyun's age.

She looked up and we locked gaze. I felt like I knew her, a mysterious connection that linked our minds. 

"What's your name?" I tried to reach for her hand, but she backed away.

"Yoona."

"Lovely name. Where are your parents?" I sat next to her. She was astonished at my outfit, realizing that I was a rich person.

"I don't have any." She looked down in shame, but I lifted her chin.

"Come with me, I won't hurt you. I promise." I held out my pinky.

She just cocked her head to the side and blinked.

"It's a pinky promise silly, here, you go like this. It becomes a special promise when you do this."

We linked pinkies and smiled. From then on, Yoona and I became sisters-legally. She followed me everywhere and kept me company. Raising her made me forget about Taeyeon. She was my jewel.

I realized I was hugging Jessica for too long.

"Ahem.. *sniff* Mianhae.. I got your shirt and sleeves wet. I promise I'll pay for it or something" I was about to wipe my eyes but a hand stopped me.

Jessica pulled me closer and wiped them for me, smiling her rare smile.

"It's ok. I feel bad for making you cry like this. Come. Let's go in and talk okay? I don't want you to catch a cold" She took off her poncho and put it on me.

"But the papparazzi! Theyr-"

"It's ok, I don't feel bothered to be seen with you, I'll kill them if they even dare to hurt your image"

Hurt... my image? I had an image? I have an image?!

Realization struck me.

I had entered the world of high classers. Although I may not seem to be, Sooyoung, Taeyeon, Sunny, and Jessica are well respected celebrities of the business world. I'm now one of them.

"Thank you, Jessica"

I know she smiled, because for the first time, I called out her name, I called it out with gratitude.