Lights Out

I Wish Upon a Star

 

Tiffany POV

As soon as I woke up, bright, lights blinded me.

I supported myself up and was greeted by a number of people surrounding me.

I could see Jooyeon, Nana, Hyuna, Jiyoon, and Sooyoung, who was holding my hand tightly. I suddenly felt some cold cloth dab at my forehead.

I couldn’t exactly see who it was, since the person was over my head and my vision of sight, but I could tell that she was sighing.

“Fany-ah! You’re okay! I was worried sick!” Sooyoung touched my hands.

“Mmm..” I managed to say.

I averted my attention to two people at the back.

They were talking and totally absorbed in their own world, they seemed to be talking about something.

They stopped when they saw that I had started to move.

The shorter one with blond hair started to glare at me.

And the other…

Is that……..?

I choked on my saliva as I realized who it was.

“What are you doing here?!” I yelled, pointing at the brunette.

She put a hand on her chest.

“Excuse me? *scoff* Is this how you greet your boss for the first time?”

Wait, boss?!

A entirely new burst of anger erupted in my body, partly for blaming myself for being foolish to work at her company.

Of all people, this is outrageous!

This is so embarrassing! After all, I did challenge her… I told her I would be more successful... and yet again I’m working for her now.

I gritted my teeth and tried sitting up straight to get off the coach.

“Ah! Oof!”

My actions caused the girl who was crouching behind me to lose her balance and fall backwards.

“Oh!!! Mianhaeyo! Gwenchan-” I stopped.

Time seemed to pause.

My heart… I could feel like it was tearing up.

Again.

Slowly…

Ripping…

All those memories.

“Oowwww….” The girl, rubbing her bottom, murmured.

I couldn’t take it.

I dashed out of the room, stumbling, and tripping.

The sudden immense use of my muscles created a sharp jolt of pain electrifying the arm which I fell on, not to mention the numbness I began feeling in my head.

Too much pain.

I managed to get into the elevator, and pressed a random button, clutching my chest as the hurt slowly seeped through every imaginary crack in my heat.

“Ugh..”

I began coughing.

Then peculiar metalic taste spread in my mouth.

I touched my lips, they were bloody.

Appo.. my head hurts a lot

I think I lost them by now by now.

Everything was spinning, twirling and moving.

The doors opened and I slumped out of the elevator, half of my body inside it and half outside.

Before the world totally out on me, a pair delicate hands, probably a girl’s, hooked onto my arms and dragged me.

And then, the lights went out.

 

Taeyeon POV

Miyoung ah... I have finally found you.

I wrung the small white cloth and tended to Fany.

this is the least I can do for you now... I'm sorry I keep hurting you.

Honestly, if I could dissapear from your life, I would, but Sunny...

I glanced at her, who was talking with Jessica.

I sighed. 

I loved Sunny too much.

Her eyes, her cute face, and her irresistable aegyo.

I'm sorry Fany-ah. I'm sorry for what I did before, I promise I'll make it up to you, please. Don't leave me again.

When no one was looking I kissed her forehead, just a light peck.

"Taeyeon..." Fany mumbled.

Did she just say my name?! I guess she still recognizes my kisses...

I blushed but then I returned to a stern face when Sooyoung returned to us and knelt down, taking Fany's hand in hers.

Who is this girl anyways? Her new girlfriend?! I do not approve.

I kept dabbing the cloth on her forehead, caring for her.

Suddenly, I felt her move.

“Fany-ah! You’re okay! I was worried sick!” Sooyoung said.

"Mmm.." She barely replied.

She shifted again.

My breath hitched.

Her eyes fluttered open, squinting at the bright light coming from the glass window.

She lifted her body a little and looked around.

I didn't dare move a muscle, I was too afraid, so I just set the cloth and bowl of water aside.

She pointed at Jessica.

Everybody followed her finger and looked at Jessica.

Why is she pointing..

"What are you doing here?!" She shouted.

What's wrong with Jessica being here? It's not like she's going to cut your salary by 50% if you get sick. -_- What are you freaking out about.

“Excuse me? *scoff* Is this how you greet your boss for the first time?” 

Tiffany became outraged.

She stood up, probably wanting to punch her or something, and because of the sudden reaction, I dodged her, but I didn't have enough time to balance myself and I felt backwards. [Taeyeon was crouching when she tended Fany, so she didn't exactly fall while standing straight, it was more like a tipped backwards-fall-on-your--and-sit-there kind of thing]

Owwww.... My ! Heh but at least my is not that beautiful anyways so it's ok. If it was Fany's.. then oh my I would've gone crazy, her is a work of art!

I was thinking semi-erted thoughts until I noticed that Fany was staring at me.

Her mesmerizing gaze, she looked into my soul, pulling out memories of us, of us together.

"Pain..." she murmured.

She looked at me still.

She began to frown, her bottom lip-trembling...

Oh no..

No no no no no!

I was about to reach out and touch her face, but she turned away and ran out.

I'm sorry Fany-ah. Truly truly, I say to you, I'm sorry.

I could hear her sobbing as she left the room.

I really didn't know what to do, so I stood up and walked to Sunny.

She looked at my guilty face.

"Taengoo.. what, what just happened?" She was confused, yet mad, yet weirded out. 

"I-I don't know. Honest, I didn't intentionally scare her or hit her or anything, she just looked at me.. that's all. I already bumped into her, and now I've chased her away!" I threw my hands up dramatically.

Luckily, Sunny bought my story and patted my head and hugged me.

"There, there." 

I snuggled into her embrace and then let go.

"C'mon, let's help everyone find her. I'm sure she's in this building some-where, right? I mean, it's not even that big." I shrugged and tried to give our team some confidence, but in the process I bumped into the door.

"OWwwwww!" I touched my forehead, there was gonna be a bruise for sure.

I was so angry, I kicked the door with my foot, but that just backfired.

"OWWWWW! Why you stupid door!" I jumped on one leg, holding my foot.

"Hahahahah" Jooyeon clutched her stomach and roared. The other followed, all giggling and smacking the table/floor with their hand, going against the wall for support, and pretending to wipe tears from their eyes.

"-_- Guys. It's not funny... Guys!!! Let's go find her, Hello? Something more important going on!" I rubbed my forehead and motioned them to follow me.

They didn't take it seriously and just kept laughing.

I sighed.

I decided I would find her myself.

 

Tiffany POV

I woke up again.

This time, in a another room.

Problem is, it's a bedroom. I looked around, and there was a closet, a desk, a lamp, a laptop on the nightstand, a bathroom, and two other doors. One was a wide, double-door and the other was just a regular one, but there was a button next to it.

I shifted in bed and rubbed my eyes. Pain pierced through my arms and legs when I tried to get off the bed.

"Arghhh" I groaned in agony.

Suddenly the bathroom door burst opened.

A girl came out, with her silky, wavy hair put to one side, and still damp with water.

My eyes trailed down and stopped at her body.

She's only in a towel!

My eyes widened as I gasped at her figure.

I realized it was that girl! Who claimed she's my boss! I totally forgot about her when I saw... Taeyeon...

"Tippany! You're awake!" She ran towards me and pounced on top of me.

"What the hell?! Get off me! You still need to apologize to me! You meanie!" I struggled against her body, but that just made her towel slip...

I gulped.

Thankfully, she stopped and readjusted the towel.

"What do you mean? I don't understand, you keep on calling me 'YOU', but I don't think I've met you before.  Sooyoung's girlfriend right?"

My cheeks burned.

"I-I'm not her girlfriend!" I protested, crossing my arms.

"Aww aren't you cute~" She pinched my cheeks.

"Stop it! Why are you acting this way? I hate you so much! I can't believe you don't remember the rude manner you showed to me in the cafe! You're so mean!" The brown-haired girl froze.

"So... you were that girl... from the cafe?" Realization hit her, and she gasped.

It was pretty silent then on. I still had my arms crossed, and turned to the side, not looking at her in the face.

"I-I'm... I'm so sorry... Tippany, I really am, please forgive me, I-"

"Just go aw-way" My words trembled.

"Please! I thought you were that other girl! Honest! I just realized it too late!" She pleaded, trying to get me to face her.

I curled back into the blankets and cried into the pillow. I didn't exactly care if I got her bedsheets or pillows wet anymore. It's all her fault!

"Why are you trying so hard to get your apology accepted, huh?! If you really cared what I thought, then you wouldn't have said all those things in the first place!" I yelled through the pillow.

She didn't reply, but I felt the blankets lift a little.

Now what is she doing? Is she-

She wrapped her arms around me and pulled me closer.

I gulped again. The room suddenly became so hot, even with her cold aura.

Her skin was smooth and cold, and wet, of course. She moved her head to mine and it made me panic.

It's okay, Fany. It's okay... use self-control. She's just trying to seduce you so you can forgive her, so don't fall into her trap. FIGHTING *mental fist pump*

"Listen. I truly apologize for what happened. I mistook you for another person. And, I know my attitude was pretty bad, but I'm... I'm just like that. Please, forgive me, it's killing me in the inside. I feel so guilty, isn't this lesson harsh enough?! Not to mention you got hurt in my company, the least I can do is take care of you, but you're not letting me! Accept my apology, hmm? What do you say? I promise you, I will treat you better"

I thought in my head:  LIES! LIES!

To tell you the truth, I didn't really understand why she was saying this. Was it really that important to her to get my forgiveness? I'm nothing to her, not even a friend, so why would it even matter?

My crying slowed to an abrupt stop, and I moved my head to the right to avoid her gaze. The guilt was there. Her urge to seek forgivness was there. But, there was no reason, none at all.

I felt her embrace tighten, as she squeezed me, as if to coax me.

I sighed.

"Miss Jung...? I'll forgive you. As long as you will stay at least a meter (about a yard, or 3 feet) away from me at all times-no matter what."

I didn't, I couldn't look her in the eye. It hurt so much. Her words would just replay in my head, taunting me, and teasing me, reminding how pathetic I am.

I guess somewhere, deep down, I know her words were true. I am poor. I'm not successful like her, I won't ever be.

"Okay. If you say so." She left me. I was surprised that she'd agree to the rule.

She gradually slid off the bed.

"Miss Jung..." 

She looked back at me.

"Yes?" There was a hint of hope in her eyes.

"W-where am I?" I used a finger to tap my lips. It looked like a regular room, except there was no windows at all, it was pretty weird. The desk was also really empty and clean, there was not a single paper or folder in sight.

If this is her house, then how come I don't see any of the reports or files she needs to work on? Maybe she just doesn't bring it home...

At first she was thinking, maybe thinking how to answer me, but then she looked at me again.

Slowly, she smiled evily.

By the looks of it, this was not going to be good...

"Well, well, well. I have the situation in my hands now, don't I? Thanks for reminding me" She winked.

Wait what? Which situation? How...

She went back onto the bed and stradled me. Then she leaned closer, and closer...

"W-What ar-re you doing..?!" I leaned backwards, to dodge her face.

"I won't let you out of this room, because you're going to be my slave" She her lips.

I tugged at the collar of my shirt.

"Well, uh, heh, I-uh, I have to get back at my house, you know, because... because I have pets! and "kids" too! I have to feed them, you know, or else they would die, because they can starve and so I really need-" 

"You have kids?" She was really surprised, and continued.

"Who?! With who?! Tell me, tell me!I'll kill them >:(" She came super close to my face, with just an inch left, muttering the threat under her breath.

Who knew she was this funny ^_^ I guess my roommates count as family, they are my kids, sort of... right? I adopted them keke.

"..."

"Don't tell me Sooyoung got you pregnant"

"WHAT?!"

Ugh why does she keep on doing that -_-

"I told you I'm not her girlfriend!"

"Okay, okay, jeez calm your , lady"

"YOUUU! UGHHHH, get away, I said to stay three feet away from me!" I pushed her as hard as I can away from my body.

o_o No way.

Since I was still weak, I barely pushed her. She just sat there in the same position as before.

She still had that annoying smirk, I was so mad I just wanted to wipe it off her face.

"Remember, I won't let you out unless you allow me to break that rule" She went on.

"So, what about it, Tippany?"

So many annoying things about her... It's Tiffany to you...

"Ohhhh it is? No wonder, I thought it was too, but I heard Sooyoung call you that so I thought it was just a weird alternate name to 'Tiffany'"

Did I say that out loud?!!! *PANIC*

"Yeah, you did -_-" She poked my forehead.

"Whatever... by the way, how did you manage to pronounce the f's so perfectly? Can you speak English or something?" I tried changing the subject, while moving away from her face when she was absorbed in the talk.

"Yeah duh, I was born in America, probably just like you" She rolled her eyes.

"Where were you born?" I sounded more eager that I intended to.

"Why? You want to get to know me more? SURE! I'll be sure to let you stay in here forever~" 

It was just waaaaaayyyy too much for me to take... D:

"Yah! ok ok There's no more rule anymore! I also forgive you! Now please I want to get out of here T^T"

I couldn't take her annoyingness.. I had to get out of there!

"That's more better! Alright! I'll call Soo to pick you up. When you wake up, of course."

"What do you mean? I'm not even asleep! Besides, you still haven't told me where this mmmmm?!" Miss Jung suddenly muffled me with this strong-scented towel and I started to pass out...

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Short update! 

I'm updating the rest of this chap tommorow (hopefully)

EDIT:

Okay! Revised chap!

I seriously don't know where this fic is going T^T

But anyways~ Jeti bonding...

Just to tell you, there is a scene next chappy

You know I love you guys, right?

So please comment :D

Thank you!

<3