Are You There, Jessica Jung?

I Wish Upon a Star

 

Jessica POV

Yuri managed to distract my headache for a while, but it came back and my head was throbbing.

Luckily, I had already reached the company, and I held in my pain for just a while so I could park.

When I got out I saw Soo and her red car… And a girl walking out?

Who’s that?

My heart started beating really fast.

I didn’t know if it was the headache, or that I felt like I had this connection with this girl. Too bad I couldn’t see her face, but her hair flowed out and the wind made it flow prettily.

What’s up with all the sudden crushes and loves? First Yuri, then Taeyeon, and then this random girl that I didn’t even meet before? [Jessica's just really flirty :P]

Ooohh they’re hugging. I think she’s Soo’s girlfriend. I’ll ask about her later, I got to go to my office for a sec

I walked into the lobby, head held high and greeting my workers politely, complimenting their clothes or their earliness and punctuation.

We never open the AC when I'm here. People say my coldness is enough to cool down the whole building.

Am I really that cold... I don't notice it o_o

Then I went up to my office and locked the door.

 I opened another door that led to a bedroom.

This is where I sleep when I have to stay overnight at the company.

I went over to my cupboard and poured myself some whiskey.

One-shot baby!

I could already feel my headache go away.

I took a few more gulps and then looked in the mirror.

Perfect, absolutely gorgeous, Jessica.

I would totally have with myself *rawr* [Just reminded me of y Sunny in Dangerous Boys where they were lawyers and Sunny was 'rawring']

I went outside and waited for the elevator.

“Come on, hurry up!”

I heard a sound.

That’s weird, because the only person on this floor is supposed to be me.

I looked around.

Hey, is that… a girl?

From the back it looks like Sooyoung’s girlfriend.

The girl was knocking on my office.

“Jessica! Miss Jung! Excuse me, are you in there?” She knocked on the door. More like, tapped…

She’s so weak -_-

I decided to further observe her. She gave up and sighed. She turned around and headed for the elevator.

Wait.. I’m at the elevator. She’ll see me!

I quickly turned to the other side and walked calmly to the other elevator on the far side of the office.

“Umm excuse me?! Excuse me! Miss! Dressed in white!” Her voice is so loud…

[By the way, Jessica is dressed in a white… Taeyeon's dress thing umm here: http://images5.fanpop.com/image/photos/28500000/Taeyeon-Seoul-Music-Awards-kim-taeyeon-28562157-1200-797.jpg]

All I did was pick up my pace and yell:

“Sorry! Can’t talk I’m late for a meeting!!”

I mean, it was the truth heh.

I slightly looked to see what she did next.

The girl just stood there and cocked her head to the side.

“Uh.. OK! Thanks anyways!” And then just then the elevator opened.

I heard her mumble

“Hey that’s weird, I didn’t even press the button, and the elevator came up..” And then the doors closed.

PHEW! I wiped the imaginary sweat on my forehead and pressed the elevator’s button many times.

I suddenly felt weird. Why did I have to dodge her? Why did I run away?

The elevator still didn't come up!

The elevators in this building must hate me! NO, everything and everybody must hate me! I'm still so sad about Yuri.

Thankfully, I didn’t arrive too late to the meeting.

When I walked in, everyone stood up to bow, but I held a hand up to dismiss it.

“Alright everyone, we must directly go to the topic of our meeting. Take out your reports and, enlighten me” I sarcastically said while taking my seat up front.

I noticed that Sooyoung was not being her usual self. She didn’t even move to take out her stuff.

Since Sooyoung didn’t do her usual job of giving an introduction, I stood up and did it for her.

After most of the people shared their findings and analysis, I allowed them to discuss in groups.

This bought me time to talk to Soo.

I waved a hand in front of her face.

“Soo?”

Her eyes were hollow and lifeless.

“She… she…” Sooyoung barely whispered.

Just then, a familiar voice interrupted Sooyoung.

“Annyeonghasaeyo, Taeyeon-nimida, I am here to offer Jung Corp a new project. This gives us a chance to work together and form a partnership on this particular project. I hope you will hear my proposal.”

I widened my eyes.

First, because I didn’t know that Taeyeon had any intentions to do anything with my company. I thought she was just "Sunny's girlfriend".

Second, Sunny was holding her hand.

Thirdly, I just realized that Sooyoung has been frozen because Sunny is here, after ignoring her calls for weeks, and showing up with Taeyeon.

I patted my friend on the back and told her I will take care of everything.

I motioned my bodyguards in the back to take her to my office.

Sunny looked hurt when she saw Sooyoung in that weak state.

“Very well. I will hear your proposal. But, I’m afraid this is all the time we have for this meeting. If you’d like to discuss it with me first, you may make an appointment in the lobby. No, better yet Sunny? Get her an appointment. You know which days right?”

Sunny dipped her head and her eyes followed Sooyoung and my bodyguards.

I found this amusing. Quite so.

I ended the meeting and everyone began getting ready for the day's work.

I stopped Sunny before she left.

"Let us talk in private, shall we?"

"Ne."

"So, this project of yours. Or should I say you and Taeyeon?"

"Animnida ('no' formal). It's all Taeyeon's credit. I'm just her bridge."

"Oh? Bridge to our company? Hmm. Alright, what do you guys have to offer us in return if I allowed this project to go on?"

Taeyeon, who was quiet throughout the time, began talking.

She was really interesting to me. Even when she flipped her hair I felt like it was so pretty.

"Miss Jung, if I may do so, I shall tell you of what my objective is. If you don't know Pea Magazine/Fashion Company?" she inquired.

"Why yes, I have some clothes from there. Wait, you musn't be..."

I put a finger on my chin and thought... Then she's..?

"Yes. I am the sole founder and main photographer. I would like your company to support us. I would allow you guys to do anything you want. You want to be included in our magazines? No problem. Want priority in our events such as music concert tickets, you know, get better seats, or being on our many shows on TV, and many others, just for free. Just support us, and it's all yours. You may get some shares too."

I'm sure Taeyeon knows what she's doing. She knows that Jung Corp is more powerful than regular people think it is. But how did she know that? We usually make the company seem less powerful as possible to the media and citizens of Seoul. Unless...

Sunny.

"Alright. I agree. Please make sure you still make an appointment for the contract signing. If this is all I must go back to work. People are waiting for me" 

When I said people were waiting for me, I remembered that girl. 

Is she just a fling of Sooyoung?

Did Soo pick her just to try to forget about Sunny?

Anyways. Back to the subject.

I'll see where this project goes. I'm sure I can handle it.

I shook hands with Taeyeon.

Wow her hands are so small! and soft...

"See you two later."

With that I turned and left, taking my things with me.

I went to my office as fast as possible.

As I opened the door I saw Sooyoung lying on my couch.

She had red eyes and a pink nose, so I guess she already cried it out.

"How are you feeling? Wanna go out and get some food?" I tried coaxing her to go out and get some fresh air.

She sat up.

"Thanks Sica, but I'm fine. If you don't need me, I'll be checking up on my new chief director. I think she's good to stay. Would you like to see her?"

"It's okay, I trust you enough. I approve. Here, let me sign her forms."

"Are you sure? You don't even need to check her background or to see her in person?" Sooyoung said while taking the forms out of her briefcase.

"Yes I'm sure. Do I sign here? Oh ok got it." I signed in all the places and gave it back.

"There. Just make sure she gives me her first report in a week." I tried being easy on the new-comer.

"Sure. Would you like to eat lunch with us?"

"Us? As in? Your girlfriend?" I teased.

"What?! No! Your new employee you dummy" She was fidgeting. Haha looks funny when she tries to hold in a blush.

"Ohhhh. Ok. Then what happened to your girlfriend? She's not eating with you?"

"What girlfriend o_o"

"uhh the girl who came out of your car? You guys were like kissing and hugging and stuff."

"Huh? We weren't kissing!! She's the new worker! I just gave her a ride because she got lost!"

:O

"oh I see...You can stop blushing now"

"You!! UGhhh.. You really... just...ugh!" She turned and went out.

"You know you love me!" I managed to shout.

 

 

Tiffany POV
I tried to find Miss Jung, but she wasn't there.

There wasn't anyone in the room either.

Oh wait, I did bump into a girl on Miss Jung's floor though, but she was in a hurry and I didn't get to know who she was.

You see, I'm trying to learn most of the people's names, and become friends... because I'm just like that hehe~

So now I'm just standing in the elevator, not knowing what to do.

Is this elevator automatic? Because I totally did not remember pushing the button...

The elevator dinged and I stepped out into the first floor again.

I was greeted by two tall, skinny ladies.

"Annyeonghasaeyo, my name is Jooyeon, and this is Nana. Are you a visitor? You clearly seemed lost..."The pretty girl said.

"Umm actually it's my first day here, and I went to find Miss Jung, but she wasn't there."

"Haha that's because they're having a board meeting right now. She'll be back soon. Just hang around for a while, maybe get a coffee?" Nana suggested, pointing to a sign that advertised for the underground drink/bevarage bar.

"Umm sure, I'll check it out later, thank you" 

"Okay! Well if you need anything else, we'll be right here next to the elevator ^^ We're in charge of visitors and guests, so it's our pleasure to help you" 

These people are friendly...

I walked away from the two and headed towards the lounging area.

Ohh there's a small cafe here too.

I suddenly thought of my friends..

I should visit them after this.

I went over to the cashier and looked over the menu.

Hmm Hot Chocolate, Green Tea Frap, Mocha Coffee Latte... No Caramel Coffee?

"Excuse me, do you guys have Caramel Coffee?"

The cashier looked at me amusingly.

"Hey Jiyoon, get a load of this girl! She wants a Caramel Coffee! HAHA!"

I didn't understand what was the big deal -_-

The girl, Jiyoon, laughed with her, and they stopped when they saw me look at them.

"Ohh heh.. Sorry, it's just that no one ever orders Caramel Coffee, only the ice princess."

"Who?"

"The ice princess? Do you work here?"

"Actually it's my first day"

"By golly! Jiyoon, this girl needs some lessons and introduction to the company! So basically, we employees call Jessica Jung, our boss, the ice princess. There's a lot more nicknames, and the best part is, she's really cool about them. She doesn't get mad! Well, except when she's mad and we call her "HellSica". What's up with Caramel Coffee you say? She's the only one to have ever ordered a Caramel Coffee in this building, until you came along of course."

"Oh no wonder you two were.."

"Mhmm. So now you know! What's your name sweetheart?"

"Tiffany, Tiffany Hwang."

"Oh another English name, just like Jessica... Are you sure you guys aren't some kind of long lost sisters or something o_o"

I giggled.

"I'm not sure, who knows!" I joked with her.

"Haha you're a funny one. My name is Hyuna, and this girl over here is Jiyoon. The drink's on us, just for your first day at work" She smiled.

"Wow thank you" I eye-smiled back.

They both stared at me.

o_o Eh? Never seen an eye-smile?

"How'd you do that!? That thing with your eyes!"

"It's called an eye-smile. I was just born with it."

"Wow.." They both awed.

I couldn't help but feel embarassed.

"Well,, eye-smile girl here's your drink"

I took the drink and decided to settle down in a sofa.

Now... what to do...

I might as well find Sooyoung, since she's in charge of me.

Oh right! The business card!

I took the embroidered pearl white card and dialed her number.

"Hello, Sooyoungie?"

"Fany! I've been looking everywhere for you! I have great news!"

"What is it?" I really couldn't think of anything.

"Jessica said she approved! Oh and by the way, you have the day off~"

"REALLY?! oh thank you so much! I'll go to your office right now! Sooyoungie you're the best I love you so much! See you really quick!"

I hung up and took my coffee and went right to Sooyoung's office.

It's almost lunch time. I think I'll ask Sooyoung to drop me off by the cafe.

I love today :D

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Some SunYeon dandyu~ <3

And then Soofany

oh and I included JooNa and Hyunyoon for no reason :P

Sorry, this chapter is kind of boring...

Jeti's gonna meet for real next chap.

Like, face to face.

cause' right now, Fany doesn't know that Jessica is that rude girl.

So she's probably gonna have that 'match face with name' phase going on in her head when they meet.

while Jessica has never seen her face before, remember how she was staring at the papers, and how she only saw fany's back?

I wonder what happens..

Taeny moment coming up in two chapters.

I did two updates today cause I don't know if I'll be able to update tmrw.

Please vote!