Oi, You're Blocking My Way

I Wish Upon a Star

The sun came up, like a light switch, shining proud and bright, lighting up the world. Everyone was getting busy for work. Parents, hurrying their children to get on the buses, newly weds kissing their loved one goodbye, and elders, holding each other in their arms, watching the city awaken.

However, five girls in this particular city of Seoul do not have to wake up that early. Why, you say? Well, let's take a visit.

Tiffany POV

...

UGH! Stop poking me Yoona...

"Uuunnnnnnnieeeee~!" Freaking aegyo - -;

That's it! My eyes shot open and I tackled her. She wailed and flapped her arms around.

"BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!" she let out her aligator laugh. I chuckled.

"Hey Yoong you know I hate your aeygyo!" she put on a puppy eyes look.

I pushed her head aside and got up.

"Yaaaah!" She squealed as I exited our room.

I decided I should wake up Yul next, since she lives on the same floor. I wiggled my toes, feeling the rugged carpet, stretching out my body that was cooped up for too long.

"Yuweeeeee~" I poked my head through her door and saw her sleeping with her tongue sticking out. Merong~ keke

I walked in and-

Oh my, look at those abs! Haha

I went over and pecked her on the cheek. She unconciously smiled.

I traced my cold fingers on her belly and then she shivered.

I continued this and then started to , drawing circles, trying to tickle her.

"Cold? Ticklish?" I whispered.

"Shut up~" She smiled and opened one eye. 

Hehe I was caught.

"Time to wake up!" I pulled her off the bed and ran to Hyo's room. 

That's what you get for pulling pranks on me all day :P

After the thump came a groan and laughter. Yoong then probably joined her other twin and were scheming again. Sigh.

I walked downstairs and went to the guest room. Lightly, I knocked the door. Hyoyeon wasn't in her room, so she's probably making breakfast. Good thing we have her, she's the best chef in the world! That's probably why I started working in her shop in the first place. She was always so good at cooking! 

When I walked into the kitchen, Seohyun and Hyoyeon were working diligently on our breakfast. The aroma of a refreshing breakfast is irrefusable!

Ooooooh so many foods! Omo is that a mountain of pancakes? There must be... at least 24 pancakes in that plate o_o

Seo saw me and she giggled. "It's for Yoong and Yul unnie", lifting up her spatula and pointing it to the two jars of syrup.

Ahhh I see

I nodded my head and took a seat at the counter. I set up everything and poured four glasses of milk and one glass of orange juice. Hyoyeon doesn't like milk with pancakes. I smiled when the twins joined us, we were all like a huge family.

Actually, if you thought about it, Seo does kind of resemble YoonYul. Triplets? NOOO Please no, I would end up dying due to the pranks they pull daily...

I laughed to myself and kissed each person good morning before we started our feast. It was kind of like a tradition, I was like their mommy.

We ate breakfast, which was great, and decided we should go to Hyo's shop. Since our boss is living with us, we would never be late *woohoo* and we can always open the shop whenever we want, because it's so famous and we always have so many customers. So, opening it a little bit late will never hurt.

I ran and flipped the "We Are CLOSED" sign and began opening the light switches, refrigerators, cashier machines, and coffee makers. The rest of them were ready at their stations when I returned from getting the ingredients from the trucks. And of course, there were already quite a handful of costumers. The cafe emitted a nice, warm humming sound, from all the machines and people. It was welcoming, very.

"Fany! Caramel coffee for table 6 please! Hurry!" I nodded... to no one particular, and made the order.

Caramel coffee, my favorite :D

I put extra caramel sauce on top and put it the mug on a small plate, decorating it with white sugary powder and a few small strawberries, and a small spoon. I carefully walked over and placed it on table 6. Weird. No one was at the table, only a jacket and a few documents. I looked around. There were just random customers and Seohyun scurrying about, but that was it.

Oh well. *shrug* Maybe they went to the bathroom.

As I left the table, I saw that there was some commotion going on in front, two girls arguing and a masculine man standing in the back. Oh that must be Thorn, the neighborhood theif that used to serve in jail. Now he's just leading a gang, and has stayed on good terms with us (Hyo's shop and workers) and vowed not to steal or wreck our business in any way as long as we agreed to serve them and sell them food. I massaged my temples. Ugh well, let's see what's the matter.

 

Jessica POV

Budget cuts and what not. Aish.

I ran my hand through my brown hair, and then fixed my bangs. 

Boy is it cold.

I wrapped myself tighter in my coat and walked toward a cafe. Thirst and the cold got the better of me as I found myself trying hard not to get swept away by the wind and going into the shop.

Hmm... it's actually kind of like a bakery, there's a lot of pastries and cakes too. I think I've heard of this place.

I opened the door and a bell jingled.

"Annyeonghasaeyo! Welcome to Sweet Girls' Cafe, please take a seat. Are you alone?" A young girl, probably still in college, greeted me shyly.

"Ah, yes, just one person."

"Alright, right this way miss." She lead me to a table and I set my things down. She was about to leave when I stopped her.

"Ah umm waitress?!" I motioned her to come back.

"Yes, is there any problem miss?" She smiled warmly.

"Oh no no, I just know what I want to order already" I kept a straight face. I don't know why but I rarely smile... Maybe it's because I work with business clients, and it's not appropriate to smile during meetings or at work. Or maybe it's just my cold personality. But then again, I was changed by love. It's kind of ironic how something so welcoming and warm could change me into such a icy, dark person. I seemed to space out for a long time, and I didn't even notice how she was talking to me.

"...excuse me, what would you like to order?" She seemed impatient. Oops, it looks like she has a lot of costumers to attend to. I said sorry in my head. PSHH as if that counted -_-

Shut up, Jessica, stop finding your own errors.

"Do you guys, by any chance, have Caramel Lattes, or Caramel coffee?" She nodded and jotted it down.

"We're very famous for our Caramel Coffee. One of our employees just LOVES it, and she makes them quite delicious." I dipped my head in gratitude and I looked at her name tag.

"Mhmm, and that would be it. Thank you, eh, Seohyun." 

"Oh, haha ok if you need anything, just ask any of the employees here, they're all very friendly." She said while looking down at her name tag and laughing.

I looked over the month's sale statistics. Pretty good. Consumer reports. Excellent. Sooyoung, my secretary, and I have done a pretty good job maintaining the company. My father and mother have just retired last spring, and it's been really hard to get the hang of being boss xD Teaching Krystal, my younger sister, is something I have to worry about... but not now, soon though.

Oh wait, I forgot, I need to go buy some bread or cake for Sooyoung and Krystal.

I stood up and went over to the cashier, trying to get the cashier's attention, but she was too busy taking peoples' to-go orders, so I tried to get past the large line, or more like crowd. 

These people are really rude. They look like they're a gang or something.

I watched as a huge group of people that dressed similarly come in and dominate the nice, neat line. They started cutting people and shoving.

"See here, hello, trying to pass through" I waved my hands in front of the bulky guy that was blocking my way.

He looked at me and blew air out of his nostrils. 

Eeeeeeeew ._. And stop ignoring me, you weirdo.

I shuddered in digust. 

"Oi, big dude, yeah, I'm talking to you, move a bit, so I can go through." I challenged him. I wasn't going to be like the others and let him mess around with Jessica Jung. No sir-ee.

I glared at him with an agressive look and it gave him an icy shiver. However he looked like he was not going to back down. And he didn't.

"Are you trying to cut me little lady? I do not tolerate this kind of unruly behavior in my face. Get out of my way before you cause some real trouble hun" He cheekily smiled and shoved me to the side and that was it!

"Hey you hear me, big guy, just because you're freaking huge doesn't mean everyone's afraid of you. You're just a small punk inside. That's right, I'm saying that in that body you're just as hollow as bad nut. Now, who was calling who a cutter? Excuse me young high schooler, yes, yes you." I called out a young girl who was a victim of their 'line-cutting'. I continued.

"Come over here. This guy cut you am I wrong? No no I mean like, cut you in line. Yes? C'mon don't be scared, he's just a wimp. Seee?! She said yes!!!" I shoved him with my arms and I managed to only make him move an inch. 

I looked intimidating right? Did I make a good impression?

"Now please move before I call my men here" I threatened. I lifted one side of my blazer a little just so he could see the Jung Corp. badge. His eyes widened, but that didn't really scare him enough.

"I have the right to stand here. Just because I cutted someone, doesn't mean you have the right to do it too, if I were to jump of a cliff, would you follow?" He grinned, showing his disgusting yellow teeth.

What the? That didn't even make sense -_-

"Alright, both of you, out!" A dark, tall girl came out from the back and pulled us out.

Turns out that I had started a fight with the leader of the group that just came in. 

What luck.

I blew the hair out of my face and had a glaring war with the dude.

That girl from the shop suddenly spoke.

"If you two don't stop, I will ban BOTH PARTIES FROM THE SHOP FOREVER." She looked at both of us.

"Hey Yuri I didn't do nothin', it was that girl!" He threw his hands up, as if he was innocent. Pfffft.

"Thorn, like I didn't know you well enough! You and your gang can go somewhere else to eat!" She hissed at him. He backed away and his group followed, occasionally looking back and spitting foul words and curses.

"Miss, you may go back to the shop if you'd like, I saw the situation from afar, I do hope however, you treat other costumers with more friendliness." The girl's name was Yuri. She was very pretty, but not the most prettiest, if you know what I mean.

It was silent for a while before I showed her an OK sign with my fingers.

I watched her walk calmly back to the cafe and closed the door. She smiled at me.

I smiled back. Weird connected feeling... but...

I think I like her.