Turn of the Tides

A Lifetime Of Infinite Surprises.

 

Myungsoo sighed and closed his English book a little harder than needed, grabbing unwanted attention.

The librarian stood up from behind her desk glaring and looked around until her eyes landed on Myungsoo's defeated form with his head on the table, quietly mumbling in English the answer to questions he thought might be on the exams Friday. With a reluctant 'humph' the librarian decided to let him off just this once and went back to watching her show on the computer.

"How are you? I am good, thank you." Myungsoo muttered while slowly lifting his head after a good fifteen minutes of useless complaining. 

Who thought of making kids take exams anyway? Myungsoo wondered to himself; obviously if a kid is already failing the subject, they will most likely fail the exam and vise versa.

After staring at the millions of books surrounding him on the table, Myungsoo grabbed the math book and opened up to the first section, starting from the beginning and making his way to the very end of the book. 

While being immersed in his studying, Myungsoo failed to notice when a boy takes the seat across from him. He's so worked up over exams that he has gone as far as to try and remember pi. "3.14159..." Myungsoo bit his lip, struggling to remember what comes next, "159... Ugh what's next?!" In anger Myungsoo roughly ran his hands through his hair, successfully messing it up.

"26535." Myungsoo all but screamed and fell out of his chair when the boy across from him talked, catching him off guard and surprised. "oops, sorry about that. I didn't mean to catch you off guard."

With his hand over his heart Myungsoo took a minute to make sure he wasn't going to have a heart attack before looking up and over at the boy who appeared innocent and worried. Being the person he was Myungsoo checked the boy out before deciding wither he was felt like he wanted to speak or not.

The boy across from him had hair that went a little past his ears and bangs that swept slightly over his eyes, fair blemish free skin, and big round brown eyes with barely noticeable double eyelids and a somewhat- girl like build.

He forced an awkward cough and outstretched his hand over the table, "I'm Sungjong, and I am really sorry about frightening you."

With a shake of his head Myungsoo grabbed Sungjong's hand, "Myungsoo." It was short but that was how Myungsoo talked with people besides Sungyeol and maybe even Sunggyu and Woohyun. 

Sungjong smiled and released Myungsoo's hand, "I know."  Myungsoo raised his eyebrows, "Everyone knows who you are, at least since you rejected Sohyun and left with a guy."

"Great..." He sarcastically commented.

It was silent as Myungsoo directed his attention back to his books, groaning. "I could always help you," Sungjong suggested while casually taking a book- physics -and flipping through the pages.

Slowly he looked up, "You're a grade lower..."

Sungjong shrugged, "Just cause I'm not in your grade, doesn't mean I don't know what your learning."

"Prove it," Myungsoo said as he closed his book and leaned back in his seat while crossing his arms over his chest.

"Well," Sungjong began, "I know Pi to the 50 decimal." 

Myungsoo only raised his eyebrows again.

"3.14159 26535 89796 23846 26433 83279 50288 41971 69399 37510." He finished confidently and smiled when Myungsoo took out his phone to check. 

Just as he looked up from his phone to congratulate Sungjong, he saw Sungyeol watching him from where he stood leaning against the library door frame. He smiled and nodded his head before turning back to Sungjong, "Number," He handed his phone over to the younger, "I got to go, contact you later." 

While Sungjong put his number in his phone, Myungsoo packed up all his books and stuffed them into his bag, "Bye," He said after receiving his phone back and rushed over to towards Sungyeol, bowing towards the watching librarian before leaving with Sungyeol.

It was silent on the way out of school, Myungsoo surprised that it was already almost eight and Sungyeol just seemed angry.

They were just down the street from their houses when Myungsoo almost fell onto the ground by the sudden weight thrown onto his back, "Sungyeol, I already have to carry all my books, can't you walk on your own?"

After their houses came into sight Myungsoo was sure he wasn't going to get an answer, until Sungyeol began mumbling like he usually did when on his back. "You've got to speak up Yeol."

With a huff Sungyeol nodded even though Myungsoo couldn't see. "I asked if I can stay with you tonight."

"Your parents aren't home?" He asked even as he was already passing Sungyeol's house.

Sungyeol shrugged, "Probably."

Without further questioning, Myungsoo carried Sungyeol into his house, the other getting off only to take his shoes off. "Mom I'm home along with Sungyeol!" 

"Alright sweetie, I left some food in the microwave, help yourselves." His mother called back from the family room.

Myungsoo turned to Sungyeol, "Are you hungry?" The other shook his head. "Then lets go to my room."

 

An hour later Sungyeol was cuddled up with Myungsoo on his bed, both having just finished showering- not together of course.

Myungsoo was on his side texting while Sungyeol had his arms wrapped around him in a natural back hug.

It's Myungsoo. To: Sungjong

Myungsoo could feel Sungyeol watching his every move. 

Going to bed, won't reply. To: Sungjong

Hooking his phone up to the charger, Myungsoo set it down on his bedside table then turned around in Sungyeol's hold to face him; unaware of how close their faces actually were while keeping his eyes on Sungyeol's.

Silently, with his eyes, Myungsoo urged Sungyeol to voice what was on his mind. It took awhile but eventually the other gave is with a deep sigh, "Who is he?"

Even though Myungsoo knew who the he that Sungyeol was talking about was, he decided to feign innocence. "Who is he?" Myungsoo tilted his head slightly. 

Cracking a little smile, Sungyeol quickly put his serious face on, determined not to let Myungsoo win this time, "The kid form the library."

"May I remind you, we're all kids?"

Sungyeol narrowed his eyes then rolled them, trying to not smile. "Fine, the younger kid." He corrected himself. 

"Oh, Sungjong?" Sungyeol hated the fact that they were already on first name bases but nodded nonetheless. "He's just someone who offered to help me study."

The other creased his brow, "You already gave him your number?" It was a rhetorical question, seeing as he had watched Myungsoo hand over his phone earlier and just watched him text kid. 

By the look Myungsoo was giving him it was like he didn't see any problem with it. "Was I not supposed to?" 

He shook his head, "No, no you weren't." 

"And why is that?" Myungsoo raised an eyebrow at him. 

"Because," Sungyeol changed his line of sight from Myungsoo's eyes down to his lips, that feeling in his gut was back again, like Myungsoo was born for the sole purpose of making him frustrated. 

"Because?" 

He took a deep shaky breath, "Because... you're mine." Without giving Myungsoo time to process and react, Sungyeol leaned down and crushed his lips against Myungsoo's in a desperate kiss. 



I love you guys. 
I am so sorry for the really really really late update. 
Please don't hate me. I love you all. 
And yes, I shall continue with this fic officially
THANK YOU FOR THOSE WHO HAVE STAYED FROM THE VERY BEGINNING AND FOR ALL THE NEW SUBSCRIBERS<3.