More Questions Then Answers

A Lifetime Of Infinite Surprises.

A/N: So I couldn't sleep and since everyone keeps telling me they like this fic, I decided to update sooner and blow off studying. Hope you guys like it! <3

 

 

They were laying around on the couch watching a movie when Sungyeol's phone went off. He pulled it out of his back pocket and flipped it open. After reading it twice he sighed and tossed the phone, agitated. 

"Who was it?" Daeyeol, his little brother asked looking at him from where he lay on the other side of the couch. 

"Doesn't matter," He commented and stood up to stretch, "I'm going to Myungsoo's for a minute, make sure you don't burn the house down while I'm gone." Then slipped on his shoes and walked outside an took a deep breath of fresh air before taking a swing at their mailbox. 

He blew out all his air in anger, kicking the wooden pillar that held their mailbox. Sungyeol stood motionless for a moment before cursing in pain as his foot began to throb. "Damn it." He spat out, reaching towards his foot while some how ended up falling back onto his . "Ow ow ow." He repeated, holding onto his hurt foot. "Ugh! Stupid wood!"

"Your the stupid on who thought it was a good ideal to kick it in the first place."

Sungyeol looked up to see Myungsoo leaning against his front porch, watching the other. How long had he been there? Sungyeol wondered. 

"Since you last texted me twenty minutes ago." The other answered as if reading his mind. 

In one swift movement Myungsoo jumped over his porch ledge and walked up to Sungyeol, leaning close to him. 

Sungyeol couldn't take his eyes off the other. Every move he made was so elegant as if he was a god in human form sent to earth just to torture him. The way he looked at Sungyeol, as if they were the only two in the world at that moment. The type of look that would make any girl weak in the knees. 

Before he could stop himself, Sungyeol put both his hands on each side of Myungsoo's face and started leaning in. 

"Hey Sungyeo-" The front door opened to show Daeyeol with Sungyeol's phone in hand.

Myungsoo and Sungyeol both jumped away from each other without a second to waste. When Sungyeol looked at Myungsoo he was looking down at the ground. "What is it Daeyeol?"

"Uh, your friend Woohyun called." Daeyeol kept glancing between the two who looked like they were caught in the middle of committing a murder. Guilty. 

"Is he still on?" Sungyeol asked, ignoring the smile that was sliding onto his brothers face. 

"Yeah he is, but I can tell him your busy if you'd lik-" Myungsoo hastily interrupted the younger.

"No. I think I'll be going. See you on Monday Sungyeol." Myungsoo said as he quickly headed into his house. 

Sungyeol watched Myungsoo disappear into his house before taking the phone from Daeyeol and shooting him a death glare while mouthing, "Couldn't you have waited another ten seconds?!" Then tried to kick the laughing and retreating Daeyeol. 

"Hello?" Woohyun's voice sounded from the phone as he put it up to his ear. 

"Hey Woohyun! Sorry about that, I was outside." Sungyeol took one last glance at Myungsoo's house then walked back inside, closing the door behind him and taking off his shoes. 

"So I heard." Was all he said, a tint of sadness behind his words. 

"Yeah." A moment of awkward silence passed through the phone, while both waited for the other to say something. "So, what'd you call for? Not that I mind you calling or anything. Just it's rather random?" Someone shove a sock in my mouth, Sungyeol yelled internally. 

"I don't know if L told you or not, I'm guessing not. But Sunggyu and me planned on going to Karaoke tomorrow, incase you guys wanted to go. Sunggyu told me it didn't seem like L wanted to, something about being distracted or something." It was obvious Woohyun's mood was getting better and better as he continued to talk. "I mean, it's nothing special. Just a reward for making it through another week, ya know?" Someone shove a sock in his mouth. 

Sungyeol sat on his room floor, starting up his Xbox while listening to Woohyun talk. Why hadn't Myungsoo told him? But he definitely wasn't about to walk over and ask him after what had just happened. Maybe they needed a break from each other, the first since they became friends, and since it seemed like Myungsoo wasn't going, maybe just maybe, this would be his first chance to take a break from the other. 

"Sure, I'd love to."

"Great! Meet us at the arcade around three? Hold on- COMING!"  Woohyun yelled to someone on the other end of the phone with an angry tone, "Sorry about that. Gotta go, see you tomorrow. Oh yeah, if you flake on us, I'll make you regret it." His voice didn't sound threatening as Sungyeol laughed at the failed threat. "BYE!" He yelled over the others laughter then the phone went dead. 

~~~~

Myungsoo laid on his bed starring at the faded beige ceiling, millions of thoughts running through his head to fast to actually concentrate on. Did Sungyeol just try and kiss him? And was he actually about to let him? WHILE KISSING BACK? Maybe he was just testing his reflexes? What would've happened if Daeyeol hadn't appeared? Thoughts along those lines. 

All of it was to complicated to understand. Myungsoo, who was just about the top of every class, couldn't find the answer to a few questions. But maybe these questions were meant for high schoolers, not a middle schooler like him, too young and uneducated to understand the simply law of attraction. 

Then new questions popped into his mind. Was he attracted to Sungyeol? Of course not, their best friends. Was Sungyeol attracted to him? No, maybe he was just delusional from pain. He heard that can happen to people when they suffer from pain or injury. 

But thinking about it just continued to bring more questions then answers. What was he suppose to do, act like his best friend never tried to kiss him? Or confront Sungyeol about something that could've just been a giant misunderstanding?

"Myungsoo dinner's read-"

"Mom come here." He heard his mothers voice from the other side of his closed door, after a second the creaking sound of his door sounded and his mother was standing beside where he lay on the bed.

"Yes?" She asked with her arms crossed upon seeing the confused look on her sons face.

"Your a girl right?"

She snorted and sat on the epmty space on his bed next to him, "I would hope so."

"Because your a girl, you know a bit about attraction ... right?" He couldn't look his mother in the eyes anymore and she laid her hand on his forehead making sure he wasn't running a fever.

"You could say that. Why, some girls at your school caught your eye?" She smiled a the thought of Myungsoo bringing a girl over to the house for dinner but then shook her head and scowled herself for thinking to far ahead of herself.

"Not quite." He bit his lip and paused for a second, thinking about how to phrase his next question. "Say you have a best friend, that you've hung out with for a long time. And this friend hurt his- I mean it's foot, but when you go to see if that person is okay or just plain stupid, this person suddenly seems as if he- I mean it, is about to kiss you."

 When he finally looked up his mother had an amused expression as if she was trying to hold in laughs. "I see. You think this friend might have tried kissing you, and you think this friend thinks of you more than just a friend?" He nodded in agreeement but puckered his face as his mom smiled on the brink of laughing everytime she said friend. 

"Aigoo! Myungsoo, you always had a problem of over thinking rather normal things." She suddenly said ruffling his hair, "I'll put your dinner in the microwave for when your ready to eat." but to his disappointment she stood up and left the room, without giving him a real helpful answer, only giving him more questions to think about. 

"So my mom is saying ... your guy best friend trying to kiss you is ... normal?!" He said aloud to himself but ended up putting a pillow over his head and falling backwards. 

Before going downstairs to eat he grabbed his phone that sat on the charger and searched through his contacts till he found the person he was looking for. 

I don't know about Sungyeol, but I'll be there. To: Hamster Sunggyu