The Beginning of the End

A Lifetime Of Infinite Surprises.

"I can't believe we're already in middle school. It feels like just yesterday we were little grade students worrying about whose octopus sausage was cuter." Sungyeol swung his arm around Myungsoo's neck as they walked into the yard for the opening ceremony. 

The yard was filled with students, most faces new while some were familiar from the neighborhood or the old school. Sitting in the middle of the yard was a giant cherry blossom tree, currently in full bloom. Something about the sight of it made Myungsoo smile, like this year was going to be great. 

"Why do you keep spacing out Myungsoo?" Sungyeol pinched his cheek, getting his attention.

"What?" Myungsoo's expression was similar to a deer caught in the sight of car headlights, scared deer eyes. 

"Don't give me that look. I just asked where you wanted to sit." With a pout of his lips Sungyeol looked away from Myungsoo, feeling hurt that the other would give him that expression. It wasn't like he'd plan anything or do anything mean to the younger. 

"Oh, I don't care where." Myungsoo said, wrapping his arm around Sungyeol's waist in an attempt to cheer the other up. "Don't pout, I was just caught off guard." Trying to defend himself at first didn't work, until he used his right hand to pinch Sungyeol's cheek and pull it, making it seem like the other was half-smiling. Sungyeol pushed his hand away while laughing.

"Okay, okay. I get it." He replied pulling Myungsoo to the front of the gathering. The only seat left was one at the front of the middle. "Let's sit there." And began walking into the direction of the single chair. 

"Sungyeol, there's only one chair though." Myungsoo pointed out with a look of confusion.

Sungyeol patted Myungsoo's shoulder and smiled, "I know." And that was it. When they got to the seat Sungyeol pushed Myungsoo softly into the chair then quickly took his seat on the other's lap. 

"Sungyeol!" Myungsoo exclaimed as people around started looking at them. "This is so embarrassing, get off." But Sungyeol didn't budge, only to turn to the left and outstretch his hand. 

"Hi, I'm Lee Sungyeol." He smiled his gummy smile at the boy next to them. He had short but layered black hair with ivory skin and slightly chubby cheeks, kind of like he stepped out of a magazine, those slightly popular but not top dog ones. 

"Nam Woohyun," He replied, shaking the other's hand. "This is Kim Sunggyu." Woohyun grabbed the guy next to him and turned him to face Sungyeol and Myungsoo.

"Hey." Sunggyu said with a wave of his hand and a small smile.

"Lee Sungyeol. And this is my silent assassin, Kim Myungsoo." With a deep sigh, Myungsoo slapped his hand to his forehead in reply to Sungyeol's comment. "Oh don't worry about him, he's just anti-social."

Woohyun and Sunggyu laughed as Myungsoo pushed Sungyeol onto the ground by his legs. To his surprise Sungyeol landed on his feet and stayed there, leaning his back against the others legs. But his face was in a pout again, ultimately ending with Myungsoo helping the middle school pouter onto his lap once again.  

The principle was a frail man with giant glasses and a full head of gray hair. While he was giving his speech, every other word there was a pause as he pushed his gigantic glasses up the bridge of his nose, closer to his eyes. 

"And with that said," Another pause as he grabbed a string hanging from the ceiling, "I hope you all have a wonderful year here at Shinwa Middle School." Then as he pulled the hanging string a banner fell and confetti flew through the air. The banner read, 'Welcome Kids' with a winking face on the end. The other kids clapped and cheered, whether because it was a new school year, or because after an hour, the principle was finally done talking, there was no way to tell.  

After finally being dismissed, Sungyeol jumped up from Myungsoo's lap and turned to the others next to them, "Hopefully we might have a class together!" He said as he nudged the sleeping Myungsoo awake. 

"I look forward to it." Sunggyu said before waving and leaving with Woohyun. 

"Come on Myungsoo~" Sungyeol drew out the others name while trying to get him to stand up so they could go to their first lesson -English- together. 

After a minute or so Myungsoo finally gave up his resitances and let Sungyeol pull him along to class, while stumbling still half asleep behind him.

"Let's just go find a tree and sleep under it." 

Sungyeol stopped in his tracks to turn around to face Myungsoo and placed his hands on the others shoulders, "Are you suggesting we skip school? On the first day?"

"If that's what you want to call it. I perfer the term ... napping? Or resting up. Skipping is a word people use to look like bad boys and girls."

He was definitely still in wonderland with his drooping eyes and lazy smile that rested on his face, therefore making Sungyeol shake his head with a laugh and begin pulling Myungsoo towards the stairs. "Forget it."

When they finally made it to class they were out of breath. Running from the main floor to the thrid floor was not something on their 'to do' list any time soon, or ever for that matter. But they made it with only seconds to spare, which would've been considered a good thing, if they weren't breathing so hard. 

"Sungyeol! Myungsoo!" A familiar voice called their name from the back of the class by the windows. When they turned their heads to look, it was Nam Woohyun. He stood while waving his arm in the air and pointed to the seats infront of Sunggyu and himself. 

"Wow! We actually have a class together!" Sungyeol exclaimed with a smile while taking the seat infront of Woohyun and turned to face both him and Sunggyu to talk to them better. Myungsoo on the other hand sat in the seat infront of Sunggyu but laid his head down, hoping to catch his breath and maybe even a nap. 

"I know right?" Woohyun practically shouted, chasing away any sleep Myungsoo was hoping for. "Oops, sorry about that." He apologized upon seeing Myungsoo's head shoot up and the class look at him when he shouted. 

Sunggyu laughed and patted Woohyun's shoulder, "He gets a bit over excited and loud a lot."

With a snort Myungsoo turned to Sungyeol, "Reminds me a lot of another person I know."

The other gasped and looked at each of the other three with his hand over his heart. "I don't know who this person you speak of is, Kim Myungsoo."

"Oh don't try and play innocent. You know it's true."

With a squint of his eyes and a playful shrug he turned to the front as the teacher walked in, speaking and demanding things in english that no one really understood.