Friends Aren't Toys

A Lifetime Of Infinite Surprises.

By the end of the day Myungsoo was drained, both pyshically and mentally and all he wanted to do was go home, make something to eat then maybe go to sleep. 

He ended up having four lessons with Sungyeol, three of which he had with Woohyun and Sunggyu also. Along with one lesson with just Sunggyu and his last lesson he had to himself. Just when he thought he'd finally be able to sleep, it turned out his last lesson of that day was gym. That exact opposite of what he was wishing for.

"Where is he?" Myungsoo asked himself as he leaned against the schools front gate, waiting for Sungyeol to meet up with him like they always did in grade school. He knew that if he did leave without letting Sungyeol know, the older would never let him forget it. But as the time continued to slowly tick by, the thought of leaving without the other got more and more freqent. 

Just as he turned to walk away a heavy force jumped onto his back, and clinged on like a Koala, "Aw, Myungsoo-ie! You were about to leave me." Sungyeol complained in Myungsoo's ear, "Weren't you?" 

Myungsoo hesitated whether to drop the boy who continued to cling onto his back or not, finally deciding not to, knowing the other would make it regret it. "Of course I was." He admitted while starting to walk. "By the way, don't call me Myungsoo-ie. It's embarrassing."

"Oh really?" Sungyeol teased, tightening his grip around the other as he felt Myungsoo getting ready to throw him off. "But I like it."

"I don't."

"Fine, let me think." He put his hand onto his chin while throwing on his famous thinking face. "How about L? L for loser, L for Lame, L for-"

"I think I get it." Myungsoo interrupted while turning the corner, glad that their houses weren't to far away. 

"I'm just kidding. How about L for Lovely, L for Loveable, L for lov-" Again Myungsoo interrupted, not wanting to hear the rest.

With a soft chuckle Myungsoo spoke, "I think I perfer the first ones."

"L it is!"

But then they arrived at Sunggyeol's house. A great big three story home, white panneling and a giant front window. But Sunyeol didn't move at first, noticing that his parents weren't home ... again. 

Myungsoo caught the mood and instisted that Sungyeol come over to his house for awhile so they could work on their English, Math, and Science homework. 

~~~~~

It was around midnight when he finally finished his homework, and everyone in Myungsoo's house was deep asleep along with Sungyeol who laid on his bed cuddling the plush bear that Sungyeol had gotten him for his birthday back in the fifth grade.

A smile slid across Myungsoo's lips upon seeing the sleeping boy. When he was asleep he actually looked innocent and younger than what he really was. While sitting there watching him, a phone started to go off. Quickly searching for the phone before it woke anyone up he found it in Sungyeol's back pocket and flipped it open. There was a text from his mother, 

We won't be home till Friday. Make sure you're brother eats and goes to school. From: Mom

With a sign he closed the phone and tossed it into his chair across the room an closed his eyes.

This always happened, his parents would get busy with work and not come home for a week, sometimes longer. Half the reason why Myungsoo's parents decided to move in next door, so that Sungyeol and his little brother Daeyeol could just come over whenever their parents weren't home. 

He heard the sound of blankets moving around and opened his eyes, only to see Sungyeol starring straight at him. Quickly the other looked away, as if he had just been caught doing some type of crime. 

"Sungyeol?" Myungsoo called quietly.

Sungyeol kept his eyes down when replying to the other, "Yes?" Why was he suddenly feeling shy? It wasn't like he did anything bad, Sungyeol thought to himself. 

"Did you hear me?" Myungsoo's voice cut off his thoughts. 

"Oh uh, no. Not really."

Myungsoo rolled his eyes and laughed at the sudden fidgetting Sungyeol was doing. "I asked, what you thought about staying over for the week?" 

With that said Sungyeol looked up and locked eyes with Myungsoo, "That was my mom, wasn't it?" When the other didn't answer Sungyeol rolled onto his back and looked at the ceiling. "And what will you parents say?" 

Myungsoo stood up, grabbed a pillow from the other end of the bed and threw it at Sungyeol, hitting the other in the face. He flew up into a sitting position while holding the pillow, "What the hell was that for?" He fumed. 

"You idiot. You're family, my parent's don't care." Then jumped onto the bed next to Sungyeol and laid down. But the other stayed sitting up, watching Myungsoo as he closed his eyes. 

At first Myungsoo was going to ingore the fact that Sungyeol stayed sitting up, but as he felt the others eyes on him, he reached out grabbing the pillow from Sungyeol's hands and put it over the others face sofly and pulled down, making the other fall back. "Sleep." Was all he said upon removing the pillow and turning the lap on his right off. 

That's right. We're practically family. Sungyeol told himself silently, closing his eyes and letting sleep take over him.