Catch a break

A Lifetime Of Infinite Surprises.

(A/N: Sorry guys, I have major writers block but with new subscribers I decided to push through it and try, so if it's not as good, I apologize. Also, I'll start updating one-twice a week if I'm free)

 

The next day started off groggy as Myungsoo got out of bed and walked downstairs, half expecting to see Sungyeol watching TV in his living room. After he got a bowl of cereal and sat in the living room suddenly he remembered what happened the other night and how he reacted coldly. He took a spoon full of cereal while re-thinking about what his mother had said, "It's only normal that happened, right?"

After eating he checked his phone and texted Sunggyu :

What time should I be there? To: Hamster

A reply came almost immediately as Myungsoo climbed the stairs to the bathroom

Three.  From: Hamster

"In two hours." He muttered to himself while stripping out of his close and getting into the shower. 

[ MEANWHILE AT SUNGYEOL'S ]

"Daeyeol hurry up!" Sungyeol banged his fist against the bathroom door as his younger brother laughed and clicked the lock on the door. "You got to be kidding me," He only had two hours before having to meet up with Woohyun and Sunggyu and he still had to shower and get ready not mentioning that he had no clue how to get there as the other times he'd gone to that arcade was with Myungsoo and he never spent much time with the directions as the other always knew. 

"Myungsoo," He mumbled to his self, feeling a little guilty of what he had tried to do the other night. "Not like I did it on purpose." Sungyeol walked back to his room where his phone sat. 

No New Messages

A little part of him was hoping Myungsoo would text him so that he didn't feel the need to text the other first. After all Myungsoo was the one who took it the wrong way, "Maybe I can just say I was trying to get a bug off his face?" Wait, why would there be a bug on his face in the first place?

Slowly and secretly Sungyeol crawled to his window and slightly pulled back the curtain, just enough for him to see out the window. Across from his window was Myungsoo's, sometimes when they were younger and Sungyeol would get grounded to him room the other would toss junk food to him and always say, 'You didn't get it from me.' Then close the window and disappear. But now the others window was shut and curtain pulled, making Sungyeol sigh in guilt. 

"Whatever, it's not like we have to spend every waking moment with each other." He convinced himself while chomping on a chocolate bar and watching whatever was on TV. 

Almost an hour an a half later Daeyeol came out of the bathroom with his game boy, a large smirk, and the last can of air freshener. "Were all out." He laughed and tossed the can at Sungyeol who caught it in his hand with an open mouth and narrowed eyes.

"You didn't," He said standing up ready to tackle the younger.

"Oh but I did." The younger said with a "HA!" then ran into his room, locking the door as the other threw anything he could grab at him.

With caution he inched closer and closer to the bathroom door, along with a face mask on and a blanket around his body. "Daeyeol, I'll kill you." He muttered out loud, quickly pushing the door open with his finger and jumping back, expecting a full stink bomb to be waiting for him. But nothing did. The air smelled the same as the air everywhere else, there was no gut retching smell that could kill a man. 

With a forced laugh he tossed the blanket down and pulled the face mask off his nose and mouth, walking into the bathroom. "So little, yet so evil." 

----

 

Sweat lined his face as he turned the corner, it was time to admit defeat. Taking out his phone he went down to the name that caused all this mess, 

I'm lost... T^T  To: Woohyun

It was already half past three and Sungyeol was still wondering around trying to find the stupid arcade, it didn't help that Woohyun kept texting him constantly all the while not letting his pride down as Sungyeol claimed he knew where he was going. But as he found out, pride only gets you so far, or in this case lost and sweaty. 

This is why I always hang out with Myungsoo, Sungyeol thought to himself as he crossed the street. "Stupid Myungsoo, so thick headed," Sungyeol came to a dead end road, "Stupid Woohyun text back!" He turned around and walked to the ice cream shop he saw a block away. As he was paying for his cookie dough ice cream the phone in his pocket went off. 

"So you finally want to reply," Sungyeol said as he walked out the store and pulled out his phone to read the text. 

Look right. From: Woohyun

"What is he talking about?" Sungyeol asked aloud, shoving half the ice cream into his mouth and turned right. There with a half smile and amused expression stood Woohyun who eyed Sungyeol, "Oh there you are Woo- Ugh! Brain freeze, brain freeze!" He held his head and put his thumb on the roof of his mouth as the other laughed. "Na Punny," Sungyeol said with his thumb still in his mouth bringing the other more laughter as he held his stomach. 

"You sound like a kid." Woohyun said after finally calming down and walking up to Sungyeol, wrapping his arm around the others neck. 

"I do mot." Woohyun pulled the others thumb out his mouth, "I do not." Sungyeol said again with a silly smile and put his arm around the others neck as well. "Where's Sunggyu?"

Woohyun was quiet for a minute as he looked to be thinking of how to reply, "After waiting for you he got tired and said he'd meet us at the Noraebang." And nodded to himself, looking proud. 

"That lazy hamster."

Sungyeol was pulled to a stop and looked at the funny expressioned Woohyun, "What did you call him?" He asked as a smile pulled at his lips.

"Oops!" Sungyeol quickly put both hands over his mouth, "I didn't say that aloud did I?"

Woohyun patted his shoulder, "Hamster huh? You two are practically one." A laugh came from him as Sungyeol glanced at him with a confused look that he just shook his head to, "Nothing." 

It turns out that the arcade was only two blocks away from Sungyeol's house, which was just five minutes at the most but he ended up on the other side of town in half an hour, lucky Woohyun got a hint from a 'silent assassin' that Sungyeol would be near a food shop, but at the code name of the other Sungyeol looked confused. 

How did Silent assassin not ring a bell, he's the one who said it first! Woohyun said to himself mentally.

"Sungyeol?" He piped up as they were only a few minutes away from the Noraebang. 

"Hm?" The other glanced down at him. Sungyeol your too tall, Woohyun thought silently. 

"What grade are you in?" 

"9th... Why do you ask?" 

Woohyun smiled softly and shook his head, "Just making sure."

Sungyeol narrowed his eyes at the other, "What are you making sure of? Huh?"

Another shake of the head, "Just making sure you remembered, oh and just a little suggestion."

He turned and stepped in front of Sungyeol before they walked into the room that Sunggyu was waiting in, "If you feel like yelling, count to five?"

"Why would I yell?" Sungyeol questioned as he lightly pushed Woohyun to the side and opened the door. Woohyun shrugged before walking past Sungyeol and into the room, taking a seat next to Myungsoo - wait ... "MYUNGSOO?!"

 

(A/N: Just a few pointers ; 1. I get many questions and yes 9th grade is still considered middle school in Korea. 2- I was in a bad mood when I wrote this during school but haven't added it till I got home, so sorry it's chompy and yeah. The next chapters will be better, I promise.)