She really is broken.

A Midwinter Night's Dream

*Taeyeon's POV*
I slammed my locker door shut. I was angry, I knew I shouldn't be but realising I had no chance with Sunny now made my blood boil. My first ever crush and it turns out she's heartbroken over some stupid girl. I reached the end of the school corridor and realised that I had no good reason to be angry. I was just being stupid.
I turned the corner and started climbing the steps to the second floor corridor, it wasn't Sunny's fault that she was hurting. She couldn't suddenly turn around and say, 'I'm okay now.' If people could do that, the world would be a wonderful place.
But people can't do that, and so I'm now hurting because of it. Aishhh...feelings are stupid. Why on earth do people fall for other people, what's the point? Happiness? Why do we have to get our happiness from someone else? It's stupid.
I was so wrapped up in my thoughts that I didn't notice the short haired blonde girl jogging towards me down the corridor. I think she expected me to stop and notice her but instead-
WHUMP. I smacked right into her.

"Ughhh..?" I had landed on my on the ground in a daze. I looked around and then looked up at the blonde girl.

"Daydreaming Taeng?" Sunny asked, then offered her hand to help me up, she didn't seem fazed.

"Thank you" I murmured, taking her hand.

She pulled me into a side corridor that lead to the bathrooms.

"Are you okay after last night? I know it wasn't because you were tired or stressed Taeyeon. You don't have to say why you were crying, but I was worried because you seemed really upset."

"I..don't know Sunny ah."

"You do know why Taeng. I don't want to sound harsh, but if something is wrong in your life then you have to fix it. It's better than waiting for it to fix itself, because that will just hurt you more."

I looked at her, thinking that I should tell her the same thing. Since she was so heartbroken over that girl why didn't she listen to her own advice and fix it? Instead I just bit my lip and stepped towards her. I wrapped my arms around her waist and buried my head in her shoulder, feeling that wave of tiredness wash over me again. 

"Shhhh." She whispered comfortingly, even though I hadn't said anything. She gently rocked me from side to side, her warm arms around my back. Just for a second I imagined we were a couple, but then I let go and took a step back.

"Thank you Sunny," I smiled, "I'm really glad we're friends, and just like you're there for me..." I put emphasis into the next bit, "I'm always here for you if you want to talk or need comfort."

She smiled, and I finally understood what Fany and Sica had been talking about, there was that sadness in her eyes. I put my arm around her shoulders and we walked to class.
*End of Taeyeon's POV*

 

After school, none of the girls  were in any rush to get back to the apartments so they all headed out to walk around the cold grounds, it was raining heavily, so they brought their umbrellas. Taeyeon and Sunny ended up walking beside each other under one umbrella.

"Sunny ah, you like singing right?"

"Ne."

"Well we all do, and sometimes when we're all together with no one else around it just kinda happens..."

"What do you mean?"

"Just wait..you'll see."

"Um okay Tae.."
The group of nine walked across the playing field, the frost now washing away because of the rain, and the girls' shoes were wet. Tiffany suddenly turned to look at Sunny, Jessica leaning on her lazily.

"Okay Sunny! You sing the second line! Let's hear you sing." She winked.

"Wait what are we singi-"

Jessica's high, clear voice suddenly pierced through the sound of the rain and Sunny's exclamation.


"I'm singing in the rain, just singing in the rain."
 

"Go Sunny.." Taeyeon quickly murmured and nudged Sunny.

At first the short blonde hesitated, then carried on the line. 
"What a glorious feeling, I'm happy again."

Taeyeon didn't hesitate, "I'm laughing at clouds, so dark up above, the sun's in my heart," She quickly glanced at Sunny, "and I'm ready for love."

Tiffany's voice came next, and they all turned to see her running out from the umbrella, getting soaked but with her lovely eye smile on her face.

All nine girls sang the chorus, their angel voices contrasted beautifully against the rain.


♫"Let the stormy clouds chase everyone from the place. Come on with the rain, I've got a smile on my face, I walk down the lane with a happy refrain. Just singing, singing in the rain."

They had all put down their umbrellas and were thoroughly soaked but happy. All at once several things happened. 
Sunny turned to Taeyeon and hugged her tightly, Jessica and Tiffany embraced and kissed each other passionately, Sooyoung picked Hyoyeon up and swung her round, then kissed her gently, and Yoona, Yuri and Seohyun group hugged, Yuri planting a kiss on Yoona's cheek.

They formed a chain by all holding hands and Taeyeon shouted, "Let's go!" They all took off running, getting muddy as the sprinted back to the apartments, Taeyeon holding Sunny's hand tightly and not letting go once.



*Taeyeon's POV*
Sunny and I sat on towels in the hallway, careful not to get mud anywhere. We could hear Jeti giggling in the shower together. I sighed.

"You good Taeng?" Sunny smiled at me.

"Yeah...it's just, those two...heheh."

"Byuntae.." She muttered.

"No!" I just wonder...they're cute together."

"Are you jealous of them Taeng?"

"Hahaaa....yeah. Shower with me." I said jokingly, but I was wanting her to answer with a yes.

Her eyes widened and she stuttered, "Byu...BYUNTAE!"

I grinned at her, and let her know I was joking, but I did actually kinda want to shower with her.



Later that night I washed my soup bowl and plonked it on the drying rack. Tiffany was in an armchair watching the tv and I had no idea where Sica was...probably sleeping. I wandered over to Sunny's room, she'd gone to bed a while ago, so she'd be sleeping. Fany looked over at me and raised an eyebrow, wanting to know what I was doing. I quietly poked my head around Sunny's door.
The faint moonshine showed through a gap in the curtains, and I could see the outline of her on the bed, not facing the door. What I saw almost made me break down in tears.

The tiny, blonde haired girl's body was shaking as she cried, curled up on the bed. I wished so badly that I could comfort her, I wished that I was the one Sunny was crying over, even if that does sound bad. I wished that I could take the sobbing girl in my arms and calm her, like she calmed me. I truly wished that. But I know I'm not the one to do that, I know Sunny doesn't think of me like that...if she even really thinks about me at all.

I shut the door silently and slowly meandered back to my room, Tiffany was still staring at me, frowning.
"Taeyeon.."
I kept walking.
"Taeng.."
I shut the door and fell onto my bed, my depressing thoughts dragging me down into sleep in a matter of seconds.
*End of Taeyeon's POV*