Emptying heart

I'm Okay - HIATUS

 

What's my name?

"Yong Junhyung"

 

What do you do?

"I produce music."

 

Where do you work?

"Cube Entertainment."

 

What day is today?

"..."

 

Impatiently, Yong Junhyung turned to the calendar on his phone. A little frustrated because he found it hard to locate the calendar application. It was a new phone after all.

He somehow lost his old phone few days ago. Again. He actually had lost count at how many times he had to buy a new phone.

"Lost" was the answer he gave to people everytime they asked why they couldn't contact him. But truthfully, he must have left it somewhere and he just plainly... forgot. Just like day and date.

"Found it," he muttered under his breath.

Tuesday. December 19th. Another normal day, I hope.

 

"So, this is it?"

Junhyung nodded at the CEO, who nods in satisfaction after he went through the sample songs Junhyung brings. The company head ejected the CD and put it back in its container. His hand were folded on the desk. Eyes were closed. While Junhyung's hands were sweaty and his eyes couldn't stop blinking in nervous.

The words that come out from the CEO's mouth would determine everything. And frankly, Junhyung was worried. Very very worried.

"...Yes," said the older man, "I approve these tracks. In fact, I like it. It's different from your usual compositions, Junhyung. Seems like you put a lot of effort and pour all your feelings for this project."

"Good job. These songs are for Yoseob's upcoming mini album, right?"

Junhyung nodded.

"That's great then. The title track's theme fits Yoseob's vocal color too. I'm sure we'll gain a lot of profit again from his second mini album. Korea's most rising soloist, Yang Yoseob... And nation's top producer, Yong Junhyung... The collaboration of the two will surley make a masterpiece-like album."

"Thank you, sajang-nim."

He was thankful. He truly was. Because with more and more things escaping his mind, it'd be magical if he could revise the track list. 

 

Junhyung went home directly after the brief meeting.

He couldn't go anywhere. The journey in a car was warm, but outside was too cold. He somehow, yet again, didn't bring a jacket with him. Not even a single blazer.

So here he was, sitting at the high chair that faced the kitchen. Didn't know what to do.

Empty. It was the closest word to describe how he was feeling right now.

If only he could remember his schedule, or merely remember to list all the things he has to do...

He laid his head on the counter top. He felt like crying really, but the tears wouldn't fall. Because how could he cry when there was no sadness nor happiness?

Other people like him might be are luckier.

They probably had someone they can lean on too. Families, friends, colleagues.

Junhyung was not. He didn't tell anyone, but he had no idea where his parents were. He had their photos beside his bed. Just that. At least he knew their faces.

He didn't know if he had any friends. He couldn't even tell what school he used to attend. His past became more and more blurry as time went by.

Yang Yoseob. He was a colleague, but he was also a star in the making. He really didn't need a sick producer who would soon fade away.

But actualy...

There was someone. He could never seem to forget that face; those black orbs where he could see his reflection every time he stared at her, that lips that curved slightly when she smiled and... Junhyung somehow remember how soft it felt when he kissed her.

Someone who's like an angel sent from heaven. Such a perfect girl and he left her.

Everything left him unintentionally one by one, but she was the only one he voluntarily let go.

 

He sighed and looked at the clock.

He had spent a good thirty minutes sitting.

Not intending to spend another minute on a chair, he decided to sleep.

But the bell rand.

He squinted in confusion, not expecting any guests. He reckoned Yoseob might visit him to thank for the songs, but it was unlikely. Yoseob's schedule must be too full that he could imagine the younger man whined wishing he had 25 or more hours in one day.

He opened the door anyway, ready to be surprised of anybody who was waiting at the other side of the door.

Anybody, anybody but her.

"Junhyung-ah..."

Junhyung was immediately rooted to the ground. Shiver ran through his body.

"Junhyung-ah..."

The same word escaped . That voice he'd been longing for, calling his name.

"I looked through the customer data base. I- I'm here to deliver this guy."

She showed him the crate she's carrying. The puppy inside barked at the sight of its supposed-to-be owner.

"You- you ran few days ago when you visited the store. On the behalf of the store, I'm so- sorry that we're only available to cater this to you today."

Junhyung didn't know how to respond. He just stood there, not planning to let her in, not intending to close the door either.

For a moment there, his blockade almost melted away. She stared at him with a warm gaze that screamed sadness. She feels the same way as him. She missed him too.

But he was sure he made no mistake four years ago.

"Sorry, I don't know who you are-"

"Junhyung-ah-"

"I suggest you leave now."

His words silenced her. He was sure her heart breaks, but it was needed. His reason was still the same. She couldn't end up with a helpless man like him. She deserved better.

He watched as she turned around and slowly walked away. He was about to clsoe the door when she suddenly stopped.

She wasn't too far for Junhyung to hear what she had to say, "Happy birthday, Junhyung-ah..."

 


Sorry for havent been updating!

The one and only reason a student can get: assignments, homework, and exams. Anyway, I've finally mad eup my mind on the main female character! Someone from my favourite girl group!