Running into

I'm Okay - HIATUS

 

What's my name?

"Yong Junhyung"

 

What do you do?

"I produce music."

 

Where do you work?

"Cube Entertainment."

 

What day is today?

"Wednesday."

 

Name the note after Do.

"Re, Mi, Fa..."

 

This is trouble. This is a big problem.

Junhyung quickly shot up from his bed and dashed to the desk where his music notebook used to lie open. Used to because he couldn't find it now.

Where on earth did he put his notebook?

He frantically rummaging through the bag he always brought to work. He sighed. Thank God.

He directly opened the first page. A bar of music notes was written on it.

"Do, re, mi, fa, sol, la, si, do... Do, re, mi, fa, sol, la, si, do..."

After some times of repetitions, he dropped the notebook to the ground, hands clutching his head.

The tears were threatening to fall.

Soon, would music too leave his life?

 

He really didn't know where he found the bravery to step into the studio and did his work as per usual because really, he had not been doing anything right.

He couldn't do anything right, not when today, he suddenly found himself having to peek at the do-re-mi-fa-sol-la-si-do on his notebook almost every 30 minutes.

"Yongyong-ie!" The recording room door bursted open, revealing the ever smiling like sunshine, Yang Yoseob.

The singer ran to Junhyung and started to shake his shoulders excitedly. "Where is it? I'm ready, i'm ready!"

Junhyung, being the always confused of the younger man's unexpected acts, squinted his eye brows. "What's  'ready'?"

"The song, my new single!"

"Oh-"

"I'm happy beyond words when Sajangnim said I'd release another album because my first one did well, thanks to your song. Now I can't wait to record another one, with your song too!"

"Yoseob-ah-"

"I'm nervous, but with your song, I'll be able to manage, right? Your song is crowd winner, at least I'll grab your fans' attention, no?"

"Yoseob," Junhyung's tone was a little too firm this time, bringing sudden silence to the room. He sighed. "It's not ready, yet. I've finished some songs before..." Before today. "But none of them are 'winning' enough. Your title track, I haven't figured it out... Yet."

"Oh..." A streak of disappointment flashed in Yoseob's eyes. Junhyung immediately felt bad. "It's okay. I know, a masterpiece does not appear in one day, right?"

He received no reply. Junhyung only stared blankly at the floor.

"I'll go now. Got a Gag Concert to record," Yoseob said as he headed to exit, "I'll be waiting for the masterpiece, hyung! Do not give it to other singer!"

Before the door closed, Junhyung noticed the younger man's smile was full of hopes.

 

By the time night had fallen upon Seoul, Junhyung only managed to come up with what could sound like a title track's refrain. Finally.

But there was no satisfaction of achieving such accomplishment. In fact, Junhyung wouldn't categorize of successfully composing four lines of lyrics and tunes as "accomplishment". At least, not for the Yong Junhyung.

He once made seven songs in a week for God's sake.

The thought of it made him laughing bitterly.

Funny how an acivity he enjoyed the most suddenly felt like a torture this day-

 

Beep beep beep

 

The sound of alarm broke the room's silence. He glanced at his phone. It reminded him to take his medicine. He sighed again and unwillingly grabbed some pills and water.

Then it hit him, he wanted to get a dog, didn't he?

 

However, Junhyung had to admit, he was not, definitely not, a fan of animals.

He couldn't suppress to squint in disgust when he reached for the pet shop's door knob. The view of so many furry creatures before him brought him chill.

But he needed a guide dog.

The presence of a pet dog would become in handy as this thing progressed in his head. Junhyung reckoned he would depend on it a lot to keep him in track a few years or, he shivered at the thought of this, a few months from now.

Besides... She loved dogs.

In fact, she loved all animals. Junhyung wondered if they ever fought because of such difference.

He sighed. As expected, there was no memory of it. At least not on his head.

He had called the guide dog service a little while ago and after explaining his condition, the operator directed him to the nearby pet shop which had some guide dogs in stock.

So here he was. Tapping his foot to the white tile floor in nervous as the shop keeper walked approaching him, holding a German Sheperd on leash.

"Here he goes," said the shop keeper handing him the leash.

A spark of regret suddenly filled him. He was unsure he would love to have a pet. "I... I'm a first-timer," he chose to say.

The shop keeper girl gave him an are-you-kidding-me look, but quickly cleared and said, "I'll call my colleague to brief you. She's great with dogs. Please wait for a moment."

 

When the shop keeper came back with her so-called dogs expert, Junhyung's foot stopped moving to the unknown beat. He stayed still. No single parts of his body moved. Not even a blink of eye. It was as if he was petrified.

He was surprised beyond words, didn't expect to see her as an employee at a pet store.

And like the coward he had always been, he gathered every pieces of energy he still had in him, broke away from the invisible roots that tied his feet to the ground, dashed out of the store without even looking back.

He ran, ran, ran.

Just like the day he thought he left her for good.

 

In the end, Junhyung found himself kept tossing left and right on the bed.

He couldn't sleep.

Seeing her opened a door inside his heart that he had been working on so hard to keep it locked.

Not that because bad memories and wounded feelings were hidden behind the door, Yong Junhyung just couldn't bear to be reminded that he could not yearn for her.

Anymore.

 


Thank you for reading this! *send cookies*

I'm still in consideration for the female main character; OC or a girlgroup member? I do have someone from Apink in mind...