Forgetting things

I'm Okay - HIATUS

What's my name?

"Yong Junhyung"

 

What do you do?

"I produce music."

 

Where do you work?

"Cube Entertainment."

 

What day is today?

"Friday."

 

Name the note after Do.

"Re, Mi, Fa, Sol, La, Si, Do."

 

Yong Junhyung laid helplessly on his bed. He was drowsy, and the blazing sun light that pierced in through his bedroom window blinds, only made him felt worse. His head was heavy, just like yesterday, the day before yesterday, and... He forgot since when he woke up with the invisible 5 kg weight on his head.

No. He could not forget. How could he forget something that had been haunting him for the last four years?

He closed his eyes and took a deep breath. His mind was busy rummaging through flashes of memories. It was like skimming over millions of short videos without really knew what each pieces told about, but he kept forcing it. At least he hoped to be able to review what he had done this week, but truthfully, he was just glad if he could knew they ever happened.

After a good five minutes of warming up his brain, he was ready to get off from the bed and face another day closer to...

He shivered at the thought of it.

 

The tic toc sound of the clock needle seemed to comprehend with Junhyung's slow pace this morning.

He went online and checked today's weather. Looked like it'd be rather chilly. Wind, perhaps a little rain from evening to night.

He put down his phone then lazily headed towards his walk-in closet. He randomly grabbed a thin shirt and a pair of tailored pants, without considering whether they matched or not. He used to do that, but lately he couldn't decide which shirt would match which jeans. He stared at the rows of clothes before him. Didn't feel like he missed anything. And so, he went to take a bath.

 

Someone must have moved his Cheerios box though he didn't know who.

He intended to have a cereal breakfast as always, but he was surprised to look into the cupboard above the stove and only found stacks of pans. He opened a few more cupboards. He found his Cheerios in one that was under the sink. He frowned in confusion, but quickly shrugged it off.

Big day today at the company. He would start getting into the production of a song that had been stuck in his mind over the week. It might be his masterpiece this time.

 

He was thankful to the inventor of GPS. At least he knew, no matter what, he wouldn't forget his way to the company office. That way, he was assured that he'd be able to drive himself aorund. He would hate it if he had to take taxi. He was bad with address.

"Good morning!"

He felt a huge slap on his back as soon as he stepped foot on the company's floor. He turned around to find a shorter guy with beady eyes and chubby cheeks.

Yang Yoseob, the company's gold, currently the most rising soloist in South Korea, his best friend. He automatically replay the scene of their first meeting when they were trainees, two young helpless boy seeking for the dream life. A habit of his own everytime he met people he knew, so that they would never ever be erased from his head.

"Heard you're preparing another new song! Will it be mine?" nagged the younger man, purposely walked close to him.

He gave him a small smile.

"We'll see."

 

As expected, he was going to stay late again tonight at the studio.

Composing and writing had not been so easy to him lately. Maybe it was because he was kind of stressed out by Yang Yoseob who couldn't stand still while he was in need of silence to find the right words. Or maybe because the call that he got from the company's CEO who out of sudden wanted a new song at least by next week.

Anyway, he needed a shot of caffeine.

He was on his way to the nearby coffee shop when he came across a convenience store.

There she was.

Her laugh looked perfect as ever. The way her eyes turn into small slits was cute as always. She was enjoying a cup of ramyeon. That ramyeon must be so delicious. And the guy beside her must be telling a really funny joke.

Because she didn't notice he passed by.

Not that he minded.

Suddenly he felt chilly. Why was he wearing such a shirt on a cold day again?

 


First! And I can't be any happier. I'm glad I finally able to come up with a chapter in the midst of essay deadline.

Anticipating feedbacks!