i.

Love (and other crazy things)

"Did you ever had those moments?" Yixing asked, but talked too soon; Kris wasn't able to answer. "When you sit or lie awake in your bed and feel like a sponge that soaks up all the aches of the world? Have you ever opened your heart out a little bit wider than necessary? Have others' pain and sorrows creep through these cracks and poison your capillaries? Do you ever close your eyes because you think that if you open them slightly, you'll be faced with the bitterness around you? Because I do, and did. and it feels like . i tell you, . i feel like being wrung dry."

"Never," Kris whispers. the atmosphere seems so sacred, he felt like it would be a sin to raise his voice. He looks at Yixing straight in the eye, and sees all the ways a soul can bruise. "Never, i'd always been shut air-tight. i hardly let anything in. but i still figure that it's a good thing.

"Look, even though i might complain about being hurt; opening your heart out isn't that bad. you get to feel love and if you're lucky, it saturates the dryness."

"But what if it doesn't? What if you just bleed dry and dry and dry with no love sprinkled your way?"

"Well in that case," Yixing smiles and graces Kris's cold cheeks with his plump lips. "I'll go running after you with love."

"i dont know how to love."

"it's okay. i know enough for the both of us."

{a/n: i didnt bother capitalizing bc phone & i'm on a roll}