unfortunate February

Love (and other crazy things)

 

it was you.

 

 

 

When Kim Jongin came back, Do Kyungsoo fell for him; hard.

 

Now, before anyone can point their fingers at Kyungsoo's absolute idiocy, you all need to know about their relationship. When Kim Jongin came back, Kyungsoo was scared out of his wits and his appetite had been thrown out of the window. It didn't help that his mother hired Jongin to help around their bakery shop. Poor boy needs all the money he can get. I still feel sorry for his loss. His mom had tried to explain, much to Kyungsoo's chagrin. Having no say in his mom's thinking; Kyungsoo tried to avoid the newcomer as much as possible. 

 

It's not exactly easy to avoid someone who seems to want nothing but get closer to you. Kyungsoo would concentrate on flipping bills and making sure that the designs for their pastries are perfect. Jongin does nothing but serve customers and strum his guitar while watching Kyungsoo bake when they're free. In the course of three months, Jongin vacated a place in his heart for Kyungsoo who would always talk to him minimally and send him judging glares. Jonging doesn't have a concrete theory why, but Kyungsoo endears him. Everytime that Kyungsoo would do something (even the little things) Jongin would appreciate it and think it's beautiful. It has come to the point where Jongin even considers establishing a fanclub meant for Kyungsoo's eyes. 

 

"What did I ever do to you?" Jongin finally found the courage to confront Kyungsoo one summer night. It was comfortably warm and the clock perched on the wall says eight forty three. 

 

"What are you talking about?" Kyungsoo tried to play it cool. He doesn't look up from sifting the flour. His hands shook as they grip the sifter. He's nervous. 

 

"You're giving me those sharp glares and you avoid me. What did I ever do to you?" Jongin's voice doesn't sound demanding. To Kyungsoo, it sounded like Jongin is hurt but then again, he just might be imagining things. He's known for that. 

 

"No, you haven't done anything." Kyungsoo lied through his teeth. "It's just me." 

 

"Good, so I guess it'll be okay if I ask you to go out with me." Gone was the morose expression on Jongin's face. In it's place was a smirk that made Kyungsoo want to wipe off his face with a used rag. It caused goosebumps on his arms--but in a good way. 

 

"I don't want to."

 

"I thought that you don't have anything against me."

 

"I don't." 

 

"I can't see a valid reason why you can't go out with me, then." Jongin smiled and outwitted Kyungsoo. 

 

Kyungsoo did and he found out that it wasn't too bad at all. Six years ago, he'd never have thought that being with a murderer was something that he could stomach. Now, he discovered that Jongin was a delight--in every sense of that word. Jongin is sweet when he wanted to be, kind when he felt like it and somehow stubborn when it comes to getting what he wants. Technically, they didn't date but it felt like it. They'd sneak out of the bakery whenever they can in order to grab a couple of bites in their favorite restaurant. On rainy days; they'd stay in and soak the warmth out of Jongin's blanket. Kyungsoo's hands would familiarize itself with Jongin's body. In turn, the younger would take in Kyungsoo's anatomy. Without any doubt, Kyungsoo's cooking would always win over Jongin's trusting heart. 

 

Somewhere between the silent nights, heartfelt conversations, cups of hot chocolate, mindless , warm looks and shared dreams; the both of them fell in love with each other. 

 

i love you, Kyungsoo mouthed in front of the mirror. He was going to say it today. Jongin is standing on the other side of the door. He decided to stay over Kyungsoo's house for the first time and Kyungsoo caught him playing around with his dog, Maru earlier. He felt like his heart was going to burst out of his chest and explode into million pieces like fireworks on an inky night. i love you, he tries again; making sure that it sounded sincere this time but no matter how he says it, it's never going to equal the amount of love and happiness that he wants Jongin to acknowledge. 

 

He goes out of the bathroom to face Jongin, only to see the younger bent over an item of clothing on his bed.

 

"It was you, wasn't it? You were the one who saw me." Jongin's voice is cold and Kyungsoo feels like he's been thrown a bucketful of acid when he sees what Jongin has in his hands.

 

The dirty, small shirt that he had been wearing that unfortunate February day, six years ago. 

 

 

 

♠ ♠ ♠

 

I am so done.  i just hope that you like this and the beautiful pic was made by tb-cont in tumblr. her graphics are simple amazing.  i'll post the last part up soon~ comments are appreciated.