iii. you see.

Love (and other crazy things)

my name is zhang yixing. i'm sixteen and a boy found me in the forest. his name is kris and he says he's two years older than me and he's here with his parents for camping.

he seems like a nice guy, so we talked and talked, until the hummingbirds had to rest on rough branches and hold their breaths as they wait for our synchronized laughter to pierce through the hazy, afternoon air.

i like his dry wit and quick sense of humor, and my eyes must have betrayed that fact to the deers and butterflies surrounding us like a secret. i never had fun like this.

you see, my name is yixing, and i am a very very lonely boy.

kris. doesn't mind the bitter truths that i tell him. he accepts my queerness. kris talks with his hands and laughs with his eyes. his whole body is an entire language i could have memorized like the braille if he'll just let me.

they always say that time flies when you're having fun, and it did apply to us. the sun was impatient and uncaring as it glided over the horizon; i think it's tired of trying to brighten up the trees for the day.

i should go back now, kris told me after observing the fading skies. but can you help me? I'm kinda lost.

i know just where they are,follow me. i lied and misguided him. we trudged the fallen leaves and the sound of crunching twigs against soil lingered in our ears. i look at kris. sweet sweet kris with a trusting heart, and understanding mind. just the kind of person you'd sort of want to keep forever.

'How does it feel to die?' Kris asks. 'Does it hurt?'

'No,' I smiled , walking slowly now behind him. 'I'll show you.'

my name is yixing, and you see, i'm a very very selfish ghost.