Lips pursed; don't tell anyone about this.

Love (and other crazy things)

 

You see things; and you keep quiet about them.

 

 

His name is Do Kyungsoo and he was just thirteen when he saw something that a thirteen year old shouldn't have seen. 

 

You know how you stick to a daily routine but something comes up that requires you to take a step back, go left, or make a detour? Yes, well sometimes, it'll lead you to places and situations that would make you question your sanity. Do Kyungsoo was thirteen when he asked himself that. He was young, had a body comparible to a stick, and lips that he thought were a little bit too puffy at the top. But at that time, he wasn't too conscious of how he looked like. His friends seemed to be focused on girls, looking great, and playing video games and it isn't like Kyungsoo was the oddball, he just liked different things; that's all. 

 

He liked pouring the perfect amount of vanilla on a mixture. He liked to climb the top of the treehouse that he made with his dad while closing his eyes to listen to the sweet serenade of the birds. He liked to stop in his steps to appreciate the large cherry blossom tree in the side of the road. He liked giving himself a break from all the schoolwork every once in a while.

 

'Every once in a while' turned out to be February nineteeth (and trust me, it was the last every once in a while that Kyungsoo experienced). On February nineteen, the ghost of the winter air was still there. It  pushed the water harshly against the large rocks on the shore and made him wrap an arm around his torso to keep warm. Things like that made Kyungsoo feel alive.

 

Amidst the deafening waves and trecherous waters, he had stripped down to his shorts and rocketed into the sea. Ice cold, the type that bites your flesh and makes your limbs feel numb. It pierced through him but he fought it and he swam in the rim of the rocks. It was then when her heard the scream that caused him to lift his head above water. It was also the last scream that he heard from Kim Minhee. 

 

He knew her. She was the lovely aged lady who liked to give him a cup of lemonade when he passed by her place. She was kind and had two offsprings; a boy and a girl. Kyungsoo wasn't too familiar with them but he knew Kim Minhee's thin figure. He watched in shock as her arms flailed at her side. She was trying to rise up but a thin and long arm was keeping her face underwater. 

 

"No! Don't do this!" Kyungsoo could hear her and he tried to maintain a distance between them. He watched as the lean figure of a man stepped closer to Minhee and pushed her head down. She fought but he was obviously stronger than her. Kyungsoo and the man witnessed her limbs stop moving and bubbles appearing on the surface after minutes of submersion. The man had tanned skin, hair the color of raven, and eyes filled with shock, as if he couldn't quite believe what he just did. Kyungsoo mirrored his astounded expression. The only difference was that he didn't leave when the man did. The stranger dragged his trembling legs away, tears straining his cheeks.

 

Kyungsoo stayed where he was, observing her lifeless body float above water. He realized that he was in the same water with a dead body. It made tremble and changed something inside him. 

 

Ever after a few days, Kyungsoo was still trembling. The image of her body haunted his mind and inspired nightmares. It didn't help that he had to attend her funeral and keep quiet about everything he witnessed. He was scared to tell anyone about Kim Minhee and how she died. No one will believe Do Kyungsoo so he kept on looking at the ground and tried to be as 'normal' as possible. 

 

He met Kim Jongin for the first time but he took a closer look and he suddenly wanted to vomit out his insides. Kim Jongin is very familiar. Kyungsoo knew he had been there, too. 

 

He had watched his mother die. 

 

Kyungsoo turned into a human statue then, hiding behind the silk fabric of his mother's shirt throughout the funeral. The 'kids' went to their relative in Seoul. After that, he tried to forget about the Kim family and tried to get on with his life, as they did with theirs. 

 

Six years later; when Kyungsoo's frame was well-built, his eyebrows seductively darker and thoughts 'man enough', he felt the familiar churning feeling in his gut. 

 

Because six years later, Kim Jongin decided to come back.

 

 

 

 

 

 

♠ ♠ ♠

I don't know where I'm going with this. this was meant to be a drabble; oh well. I'll probably write another part for this (and maybe a third one, idk). sorry bc crazy but i hoped that you like it so far and thanks for the subs & votes, I really appreciate that ;> silent readers kill me ;~;this was majorly inspired by Bon Iver's majestic album 'For Emma, forever ago' [x] &  the art was by  pedonoonathealmighty in tumblr [x] I swear her work is pure i-cant-evenness.