i. stay

Love (and other crazy things)

Jongin loved Kyungsoo in a way that you can only love the first time; a love without a passport, something that disregards state lines, and large oceans.

jongin had loved kyungsoo without boundaries.

and when that love leaves, all that remains is a string of numbers on his phone that keeps taunting him to dial. Jongin wonders whether or not they'll meet again.

actually, he didn't have to wonder long. after years and years of abandonement, jongin saw kyungsoo again while he was out for his morning run.

around him, cars were zooming down the gravel to reach their destination, strangers keep on being strangers as they traverse around with their clickity clacky heels and light coats. he doesn't believe in things going all slow motion, but seeing kyungsoo again felt like that.

for the first time in the history of forever, he's grateful that his heart isn't controlled by his mind. because if it was, then it'd definitely be stoic as a rock now.

'jongin,' kyungsoo says after he noticed the younger staring. jongin calculates that he's four feet away from kyungsoo and it would take three seconds of running or probably less to reach him and engulf him in his arms. nothing could ever compare to the way his name dances on the surface of kyungsoo's lips. As if kyungsoo's voice were a key, it pierced through and twisted a secret hole in jongin's heart open.

he takes a deep breath because the part of him that he tried to hide is now bursting out of his chest, to his throat, out of his lips and into the dirty concrete.

'kyungsoo,' he replies and hopes that it'd affect kyungsoo the way it affected him.

'you look.... mature.' Kyungsoo comments. he takes in Jongin's dishelved hair, sharp eyes, and the toned muscles peeking through the places his loose sweater failed to cover. he'd always been an eye candy, and thinking of jongin being wanted made kyungsoo sick down to.the core.

and because jongin had always been able to translate the look on kyungsoo's eyes, he offers 'why don't we go in for a coffee?'even though what he wanted to say was; i still love you. please don't look at me like that.

kyungsoo nods, and starts to lead jongin in a coffeeshop nearby. he doesn't look at jongin,even as he shuffles closer to him, close enough for heat and electricity frizzle between them .

kyungsoo's surprised to find out that he isnt throwing a fit or crying, or even breaks down because that;s what he felt like doing. maybe all these rehearsals for this day in front of the mirror did him good.

jongin avoids looking at kyungsoo's eyes because he knows that kyungsoo won't see the jongin who once proclaimed his undying love in the middle of math class, or the jongin who eagerly unpacked their things as soon as they got their own place, or even the jongin who loved him for years without fail. he knows that if kyungsoo looks at him, all he'll see is the jongin who made out with a random stranger in the dark confines of the bar he once worked at;the jongin who ed him over and ed him hard.

with a billion and a galaxy's worth of unspoken words and suppressed feelings, these two made their way inside a warm coffee shop, praying for their hearts to calm down and hands to stop shaking.