04 - LEAVING HELL

A NEW DAWN
XSYKOTICA
04: LEAVING HELL
A NEW DAWN: Away from hell
Just like what Taeyang said, there was indeed a pack of zombies waiting for them sluggishly walking and groaning.

 

 

The group made sure not to use bullets, finishing the unknown zombies as quietly as possible afraid that they might gather the attention of the remaining zombies in the floor. Who knew how many they were, they had to stick with their plan.

 

 

Bom swung her metal pipe hitting the zombies dead on the spot.

 

 

“I don’t know where to hit them..their heads are already crushed but why are they still moving?!” Bom screamed in frustration. It was true; the zombies they were facing now were almost headless. Most of them were half-crushed-skull-zombies walking and grabbing aimlessly.

 

 

Actually they were just walking, hands aimed forward like they were programmed just to do that. They were not even trying to wander their hands around searching for flesh or something they can sense to grab on.

 

 

It was like a robot whose hands were aimed forward groping and grabbing something but not getting any but thin air.

 

 

Pretty easy target to take down.

 

 

“We just need to get pass by them…” Taeyang screamed leading them, slashing the zombie’s neck with his small but very sharp pocket knife.

 

 

“Kyaak…” Seungri swung his mop effectively shoving the zombies to the side clearing the way for them.

 

 

“Wow…daebak!” Chaerin cheered jumping and clapping her hands behind him.

 

 

“Don’t I get a kiss?” Seungri pouted.

 

 

“No” came Chaerin’s reply, much to his dismay.

 

.

.

.

.

“Hyung.. I really don’t get this… awhile ago their aims were perfectly fine. But now..the are just like puppets!” Daesung exclaimed after pushing the zombie in front of him and stepping on its head crushing it fully.

 

 

“I think I know the answer..but let’s talk about it later.” Jiyong said kicking another zombie on the side, its lifeless body flying straight to the wall sliding on it before finally collapsing on the ground in a heap

.

.

.

.

Anguish groans soon died out as the zombies that were crowding their way were shoved to the side, others collapsing on the floor the mere second they were pushed. Not much effort on clearing their way.

 

 

They ran not caring anymore if their shoes were clanking loudly against the tiled floor. They must reach the elevator immediately.

 

 

They must get out of there before their assumptions come true.

 

 

Before the thing that they were afraid of comes back to life.

 

---------------------------------

 

24th

 

 

25th

 

 

26th

 

 

They were all nervously waiting in front of the elevator. Sounds of shoes tapping nervously rang across the hallway. No one dared to talk. They’re too tired and too scared to do that.

 

 

 9 more floors, they thought. It felt like eternity waiting for it.

 

 

They stood far from it, guys in front, girls at the back, guns aiming directly towards the elevator door. The ones earlier were easy to beat but the thing that is or might be inside the elevator could be something stronger like the ones they first saw in the same hallway before when they were still aiming for the rooftop.

 

 

Yes, freshly bitten humans turned cannibal were much stronger, their theory can’t be wrong. With full body parts still working, reflexes still working a healthy used-to-be-human can’t be easy to take down.

 

 

34th

 

 

35th

 

 

 

Ding.

 

 

The doors slowly open, ready to shoot, their fingers settled on the trigger. But nothing came out. Jiyong stood up eyes fixed forward gun aimed at the same direction. He went sideways to see the inside of the elevator from the left side. TOP followed suit with his bat in hand going sideways to see the inside from the right side.

 

 

They both sighed when they found it empty. Jiyong pressed the elevator button to keep it open and waved his hand telling them to go inside. TOP went in first showing them that nothing was inside. The rest followed.

 

 

Seungri pressed B.

 

 

It was all or nothing now, whatever was down at the basement they have no choice but to deal with it.

 

 

35 floors till they reach the basement.

 

 

-----------------------

DARA’S POV:

 

 

“Hyung… I noticed..the zombies that we faced awhile ago were the same zombies that we defeated when we went down to clear the floor this morning.” Daesung started breaking the creepy silence. I looked up at Jiyong whose eyes were closed.

 

 

“I know” Jiyong nodded without looking at Dae.

 

 

“It’s frustrating..we left them totally lifeless but what happened?!” Daesung exclaimed, I can feel the fear in his voice. I was scared too knowing that there might be no way to stop and kill those bloodlust creatures. How are we going to survive if the cycle just keeps repeating? We will be able to kill them then they’ll be able to get back to life again and they will aim for people. It’s a losing a battle before we can even start!

 

 

“I’m afraid I don’t know.” Jiyong muttered again still not opening his eyes.

 

 

“5 more floors..be ready.” TOP said ending the conversation.

 

.

.

.

.

.

We stayed back just like before. It was ing irritating how women can be so weak. I hated myself for being weak. I wanted to fight too. To fight beside Jiyong like what Bom was doing, like Chaerin..like Minji. I can’t even lift a finger. Before a zombie reaches me Jiyong already crushed its head or kicked it flying towards the wall.

 

 

I hate how much of a weak person I am..how much of a burden I am to Jiyong.

 

.

.

.

.

The elevator stopped with a loud DING. The door slowly opened revealing the basement inch by inch. I tightened the grip on the screw, but then a revolver was slipped into my hand by Jiyong. I looked at him. He was facing me with his gun still aiming forward towards the door.

 

 

“Aim and shoot.. you have to protect yourself. You understand me?” He said. I smiled and nodded vigorously.

 

 

“It’s time to rumble….” Taeyang said finally holding his baby (aka his AR-15).

 

 

The door fully opened revealing the basement filled with zombies. It was crazy, they were all just walking, clawing the walls and the cars and when they heard the elevator all bloodlust eyes focused on us.

 

 

I gulped. It was do or die and I sure didn’t want to die.

 

 

“Guys remember the plan…Seungri and Chaerin you guys are coming with me, Dara and Taeyang.” Jiyong shouted, the groans outside the elevator were unbearably loud.

 

 

“Daesungie and Minji-ya you’re going with me and Bom.” TOP followed. His thick brows furrowed as he scanned the basement looking for his car. He threw the key to Bom. “Yeobo you drive. I have to cover you guys while you get in.”

 

 

“Ackkkkk!!!” Chaerin screamed when out of nowhere a zombie appeared in front of them. We all darted our gaze towards her, good thing Seungri was fast enough to shoot it with his rifle.

 

 

“I hate big guns their too heavy.” Seungri whined.

 

 

“Deal with it.” Taeyang said before going outside and showering the zombies with bullets. We followed him out. Bom and Top with Minji and Daesung went to the other side of the basement after spotting TOP’s black Honda Civic Sedan.

 

 

We aimed for Jiyong’s white Nissan SUV whose front had a few dents after driving it towards the metal roll up door before. I hope it's still working well.

 

 

I clutched Jiyong’s white beater from the back. I was too scared to even lift my gun and instead I held on Jiyong’s shirt like my life depended on it. Chaerin on the other hand was holding my elbow with Seungri behind him aiming perfectly shooting the zombies directly straight to the head.

 

 

I didn’t know he was a sharp shooter. I eyed him bewildered.

 

 

“Noona don’t look at me like that…target shooting is my hobby. Though I really don’t like rifles and I’d prefer Daesungie’s Smith and Wesson which is a beauty, eung… but this rifle will do.” He aimed again and shot the zombie who leaped to eat his face.

 

 

I looked in front of me and Jiyong was still focusing on busting zombies head in front of him.

 

 

“Babe… be alert and guard your sides. Lift that goddamned gun.” Jiyong screamed reminding me that I had a gun in hand and that I needed to help. I lifted the gun with trembling hands and aimed on my left. Before I can even aim and pull the trigger Jiyong had already shot my target.

 

 

Damn I can’t even make a decent aim, my hand is ing trembling.

 

 

“Eonni!!!” Chaerin screamed, her eyes wide on my right side. Both Jiyong and I were aiming to the left that we didn’t see a zombie leaping towards me and grabbing my arm.

 

 

Fck.

 

 

He opened his mouth about to munch my arm when my left hand in panic shot the zombie 5 times in the head. I didn’t know where I got the courage to pull the trigger and shoot the zombie 5 freakin times. I was so scared that the only thing running in my head was ‘this mother fcker can’t eat me alive.’

 

 

I was gasping for breath when the zombie dropped on the floor and Jiyong yanked me dragging me towards the car which was just a few feet away from us. Jiyong opened the door to the back of the car pushing me and Chaerin inside. I looked in front and found Taeyang at the driver’s seat the car’s engine revolving already. Seungri let out a few more shots before climbing at the back of the car. Jiyong followed settling himself in the passenger’s seat.

 

 

I looked back to where TOP and Bom was, they were inside the car too to my relief.

 

 

Taeyang locked the doors and stepped on the gas.

 

 

“It’s time to get away from this hell.” He muttered. Yeah..away from this hell and towards a bigger hell maybe.

 

-------------------------------

 

END OF DAY 4

A/N:

A double update..yay.. since I didn't update this for a year.. *winks*

Did you like it?

Am I a failure?

Please let me know..C O M M E N T juseyooooo ^^

Dont forget to U P V O T E too.

 

@anjellie_ka