05 - OUTSIDE

A NEW DAWN
XSYKOTICA
05: OUTSIDE
A NEW DAWN: Surviving outside their comfort zone
DARA’S POV:

 

We had to go back and turn around a couple of times finding a way with lesser zombies, it was almost impossible to reach the main road. Our car almost got trapped in a hoard of zombie good thing Taeyang was a good driver (he had this action star feel in him). We barely escaped without a scratch but we managed to get out in one piece.

 

We stopped on top one of the biggest fly over in Korea. This used to be packed with cars. I used to hate it because of that. But now, it was empty. I looked down pitifully below where cars were stucked bumper to bumper with no signs of any living people.

 

“The government closed this road, hours before everything went out of hand.” Jiyong spoke. He wrapped his arms around my shoulders. I leaned towards him for support. My knees seemed to buckle imagining those people dying and being eaten alive defenseless. “Those bastards, they only want to save their asses.”

 

I felt rage against the government. Those ing bastards saving their asses while those people were dying, I wanted to feed them to the lions.

 

“Dara.. I’m worried. What’s taking Tabi oppa so long?” Chaerin suddenly said. I turned to look at her. Her eyes were filled with worry and that was the time I realized TOP’s group wasn’t with us yet.

 

Bommie…Minji…..

 

My heart suddenly leapt up to my throat.

 

We were waiting for Top’s group. We decided it will be hard to do a convoy so we agreed to meet in one place –and it was this flyover. It had been hours already since we reached the meet up point but still no sign of Top and his group.

 

I felt shivers down my spine. Nothing bad could’ve happened to them, right? I saw them enter the car safely. Jiyong must’ve felt my uneasiness for he squeezed my shoulder reassuringly. I looked up at him and he just gave me a weak smile.

 

“They are fine.. don’t worry” he said. But I know deep inside him –he was doubting. I shut my eyes tightly and prayed.

 

Dear Lord please let them be safe.

 

 I held back the tears that were threatening to fall from my eyes. I can’t be weak now. I need to be strong.

 

“Yeah… Daesungie has survival instincts. That lad won’t die. Not just yet.” Taeyang said as he puffed his cigarette. It has been more than a week and he still have sticks left. Where did he even get those?  He must’ve robbed a convenient store before. I crinkled my nose –I never liked cigarettes.

 

“Taeyang smoke a bit far from here.” Jiyong said knowing pretty well how I hate cigarettes. Taeyang just grunted and walked to the other side of the road.

 

“Seriously Dara I’m worried.” Chaerin said rubbing her arms. She looked really worried. I was too. Damn, I was an orphan and they were the only family I had.

 

“Kitty…honey..don’t worry. TOP hyung will not allow anything to happen to them.” Seungri said trying to calm the antsy Chaerin. Chaerin just gave him an unsatisfied look but she didn’t say any. She bit her lips and paced back and forth.

 

Seungri pulled her in a comforting hug and patted her back. “Everything will be fine.” He said.

 

Chaerin nodded and hugged him back. “I know… but please do not call me ‘Kitty’ again or I’ll kick your balls.” Seungri stared down at her with a frown. He then chuckled afterwards muttering ‘feisty rawwr’

 

I forced a smiled. Yeah… everything will be fine. We’ll be fine. Jiyong kissed the crown of my head and squeezed my arm reassuringly. I looked up to him.

 

Yeah everything will be fine.

 

------------------------

 

“Out of gas?? Noona are you joking??” Daesung screamed.

 

Their car was slowly crawling the alleyway that they turned to careful enough not to make too much noise and gain the attention of the zombies. The path that they took had fewer zombies but the alleyway was a little too small for their car and for a few zombies walking aimlessly lining out the gutters.

 

A zombie suddenly appeared on Daesung's side and pounded the window.

 

Daesung shrieked and scooted far away from the window as the zombie disgustingly stuck its tongue out and the window.

 

“!” Daesung cussed loudly. It took all his will power not to shoot the zombie through the window. He loosened his tight grip on his weapon.

 

“Do I look like I’m joking? I wish I am but I’m not.” Bom rolled her eyes. She turned to TOP beside her and glared at him. “Choi Seunghyun where did you spend the money I gave you? I told you before –this car should always be filled with gas.”

 

The said guy just smiled at her, “He..he… uhmm..” he stammered fidgeting with his bat unable to come out with a proper response.

 

“Choi Seunghyun.” Bom called his name, voice thick with annoyance.

 

TOP just responded with a smile.

.

.

.

.

“God.. I’m really going to file a divorce!!” she screamed slamming her palm on the steering wheel.

 

“Divorce??” Daesung uttered in shock. He looked at Minji for explanation.

 

“They’re married.” She said simply. “They just don’t act like one.”

 

Daesung blinked a couple of times processing what she just said. Then he saw the sparkling silver band in Bom’s finger. He slapped himself –how stupid of him to not notice the wedding ring considering the time they had been together on the rooftop.

 

“If you weren’t so stingy, giving me money for gasoline and food only I wouldn’t resort to this!” TOP retorted, voice getting a bit louder.

 

“Where did you spend the money?” Bom asked again.

 

“………………..”

 

 “I said, where did you spend it?!”

 

“Well.. uhmmm”

 

“Don’t tell.. me… Choi ing Seunghyun…you…you………..” Bom screamed.

.

.

.

.

“Yes… yes!!!! It was a ing toy convention that happens just once in a year. All the rare toys were there, what do you expect me to do???”

 

“.. I thought he was cheating.” Daesung cussed loudly and Minji could only laugh beside him.

 

“Cheat?? This woman right here just gives me 10, 000 Korean won a day. I can’t even buy a with that!” TOP seethed glaring at Daesung.

 

10,000 won? Phew...that was harsh.

 

“Ouch!!” Top squeaks as a punch landed on his head. Yeah, punch..not a slap..but a punch.

 

Bom punched Top on the back of his head. “Shut up. I’ll cut your little winnie if you talk about s again”

 

TOP’s face paled and Bom looked like she meant what she said.

 

Daesung’s jaw dropped while Minji buried her face in her palm. They were really going to die if this two continues their nonsense argument, they thought.

 

----------------------------------

 

“Yeobo… If you turn right that way, right after the flower store you will see a gasoline station.” TOP said after they decided to be adults and end their argument. It became really whiny and childish afterwards. 

 

“I know.” Bom answered, too annoyed to even glance at her husband. She stepped slightly on the gas to speed up a little bit coz they were in danger of draining up their gas. If they drain it right in the middle of the road it will be the end of them.

 

“And don’t yeobo me… I ing hate you right now. If I die here, I will never forgive you.”

 

TOP slumped back on his chair. He knew that when Bom was mad, she was mad as hell and it will not be good for him. A mad Bom meant hell for him.

 

He turned to Daesung and Minji at the back.

 

“Minji, I’m counting on you in this. Don’t be afraid, Daesung and I will be there to protect you. All you have to do is fill up the tank with gas and when you’re done were off. Got it?”

 

Minji nodded. Daesung draped an arm around her shoulders and raised his Wesson. “Don’t worry I’ll protect you.” He said smiling.

 

Minji shrugged his hand off her shoulders. “Please put that away..that’s scary.” Minji said eyes staring widely at Daesung’s gun.

 

TOP rolled his eyes. “No, you cannot use your baby, that’s too noisy. Here….” He handed him a wrench. “Crush their skulls with this instead.”

 

Daesung pouted.

 

“But…”

 

“You don’t want to be mobbed by those ers right? So we’re going to do it silently.”

 

Daesung slipped his gun inside his jacket and took the wrench.

 

“I understand hyung…”

 

TOP turned to Bom again.

 

“Yeobo…you have to –”

 

“I told you, don’t –” Bom tried to argue again but was silenced by TOP’s lips on hers. Her foot immediately stepped on the break making the other two at the back slam forward.

 

TOP pulled away a little his face still hovering in front of hers. His lips curled upwards in an apologetic smile. “I’m sorry okay? Stop frowning now.” He pecked her lips again and reached behind her to lock the door on her side.

 

“Tss.. you’re so stubborn. I told you to always lock the door.”

 

Bom smirked, “Because your stupid car won’t lock automatically. It should automatically lock when you start the engine you know?”

 

TOP chuckled and scratched the back of his head.

 

“I’m still mad at you” she said with a pout.

 

He pecked her lips again.

 

“I know.”

 

-------------------------------

 

They managed to get to the gasoline station before the gas drained. Much to their relief there were only few zombies walking around. The three went out of the car in a swift. Minji took the gasoline hose to fill up their tank with gas. Daesung covered her right side while TOP covered her left.

 

The zombies in the area immediately spotted them. They started to walk sluggishly towards them making Minji’s heart race and her body tense hearing the loud groans. Sensing her fear Daesung patted her back.

 

“I’m with you. Don’t worry.” He said reassuringly.

 

Weirdly Daesung’s words gave her a sense of comfort and reassurance. She didn’t know when it started or when annoyance bloomed into trust –but all she knew was she trusted the guy now. She trusted him now with her life.

 

She gave him a weak smile and muttered a low “I know.”

 

.

.

.

.

Minji shut her eyes when she heard cracking skulls. Those were people before they became like that and she found it inhumane to kill them that way. She wanted to stop TOP and Daesung from what they were doing or tell them to do it a little less harsher but her voice seemed stuck in . 

 

If they don’t do that…all of you will die. Those zombies are already considered dead. They aren’t just sick people. Those are monsters and they won’t hesitate to eat you.

 

A voice in the back of her head said.

 

She shuddered.

 

How can this happen to us? Is God punishing humanity for all the things we have done.

 

She shut her eyes and gripped the hose tighter. Gruesome thoughts flooded her brain. She pictured people dying, people eating each other, people screaming and begging for help.

 

Babies crying.

 

Children screaming.

 

All the dreadful screams and cries pierced her ears unbearably. She shut her eyes tightly thinking what could’ve happened to her parents.

 

Her parents –thinking of her parents made her well kept tears run wild on her cheeks. Unstoppable tears rolled out from her eyes as thoughts of her parents dying clouded her brain.

 

“Minji-ya…”

 

“Minji-ya…”

.

.

.

.

.

“Minji!!” suddenly a hand held hers making her eyes snap open. She stared at the person holding her hand.

 

“Minji-ya… what’s wrong? The gas is already pouring.”

 

“…………………”

 

Daesung shifted his gaze downward to her hands. She followed his gaze and found the gas already pouring out of the nozzle of the tank.

 

Her eyes widened and her grip loosened on the hose. Daesung took the hose from her.

 

“It’s okay Minji-ya.. go back inside the car.” He said. She just nodded and hastily went inside the car. She heard a few more smashes, breaking skulls and loud groans she covered her ears and shut her eyes. She sobbed.

 

It did not take long until Daesung and TOP went inside the car panting. Both are out of breath.

 

“Let’s go.” TOP said in between gasps, Bom immediately stepped on the gas speeding away from the place.

 

---------------------------------------

 

Dara spotted a car coming their way. Noticing the car she immediately stood up from sitting on the pavement and jumped happily.

 

“Bommie..Minji!!!” she screamed happily waving her hand in the air.

 

Chaerin heard her and rushed to her side. She saw TOP’s car approaching them and a wave of relief flooded her. She happily jumps and waves beside Dara too.

 

As soon as the car halted, Minji came rushing out of the car and dashing towards them. Both Chaerin and Dara enveloped her in a tight hug.

 

“What the heck happened to you guys??” Chaerin asked voice still laced with concern.

 

Dara patted Minji’s back. “Yeah what took you so long?”

 

“Our car ran out of gas.” The youngest replied her face pale and eyes red and puffy.

 

“You look sick Minji-ya.” Dara said noticing the pale face and dark lips of their maknae.

 

“I’m fine eonni… there are just things bugging my head.” She said. The two hugged her again before darting their gaze towards TOP and Bom who just got out of the car –Bom walking ahead of the guy pouting.

 

“Bommie!!” the three women rushed towards Bom’s side.

 

“Are you okay?” Dara and Chaerin asked in chorus.

 

“Yeah.” Bom answered.

 

“Minji said you ran out of gas” Chaerin said looking back at TOP who was dragging his bat lazily.

 

“Ask that man why.” Bom pointed at TOP. The man just smiled at them and wrapped an arm around Bom’s shoulder.

 

“Yeobo, I told you I’m sorry already.” He said cutely. But Bom just rolled her eyes and shrugged TOP’s hand off her shoulders. Jiyong and Yongbae approached them chuckling.

 

“Dude seems like there’s a love quarrel happening here.” Taeyang said.

 

“Seems like it.” Jiyong agreed smiling.

 

TOP just scratched the back of his head. “Yeah she’s mad as hell.”

 

Bom elbowed him in the stomach making him groan in pain.

 

“Shut up. If I died out there my baby and I will hunt you even in hell.”

.

.

.

.

.

Everyone deadpanned at Bom.

 

“Hey I heard baby…. Who the got pregnant at this very lucky time?” Seungri’s voice echoed in the back. Everyone turned at him with dreadful look in their face.

 

“Hey what….” He asked confused seeing the un-amused glare Dara and Chaerin is giving him.

 

Bom stompped towards him brows scrunched up in a frown. She looked not happy (or mad?). She stopped in front of him and he immediately sensed the deadly aura surrounding her. He had to take a step backward as Bom’s face loomed in front of him.

 

“I, the am pregnant. You got any problem with that?”

 

------------------------------------

End of 05

Note:

Bom’s pregnant, but just to clear things up –she’s already pregnant even before the plague happened. I will clear that up in the next chapter. But for now.. I hope you enjoyed this. Send me some love…

C O M M E N T – your lovely comments really energize me write.

U P V O T E – I’d love to see the numbers up there go high.

S U B S C R I B E – be really nice and subscribe thanks^^