Chapter 1

Sacrifices I've Made
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

*** = Third Person' s POV

 

As my five years old brother, YoungMin and I walk by the Pure and White forest I can feel the pulling of it, as if it wanted me to walk in there but before I walk straight into the forest, I realize my brother has been yanking my blue cardigan.

 

"Noona, I'm tired of walking" he whine, I look from the forest to my brother's red face from all the walking. I chuckle at his face "But sweetie, walking is such an easy exercise" I pinch his cheeks, he pout and slap my hands away. "Noona~ I'm hungry too" he pull on his best aegyo, "Gosh, I shouldn't have taught you those aegyo" I lost to his aegyo once again.

 

I look back at the forest and sigh "YoungMin, want to go to a kid cafe?" His eyes shine with excitement "Yes Noona Yes!" I smile at him and grab his hand, walking toward the cafe. I'm not sure about the direction since this is our first time at the country side but hopefully I am walking toward the cafe.

 

When we got to the cafe, YoungMin look through the menu right away. I wasn't sure if he understands it, "Noona! Noona, I want Ice Cream and...and this!" He points to the coffee with whip cream on top, the reason why he wants it. 

"But Minnie, you can't drink coffee, it's bitter" I see him ready to pull on his aegyo face "But Noona can order something else that taste way better, Hot Chocolate" He squealing in happiness because he loves Chocolate.

 

After we got our food, I watch my brother stuff his face with Chocolate ice cream and the Hot Chocolate was forgotten. I end up drinking it, "Minnie, don't make a mess. The ice cream is about to go up your nose" I wipe his nose with the napkin, YoungMin make a displease face "I'm old enough to do it myself" he said, taking the napkin from my hand and do it himself.

 

"Wow look who's talking. The little boy who complains about a little walk around a town with such fresh and clean air" I face palm myself, realizing that he is completely busy with his ice cream and ignore me but I smile anyway. I fix the beanie on his head, covering his bald head.

 

My little brother was diagnosed with cancer about a year ago, he is lucky to be alive to today. The doctor and I agreed to make him go through the treatment, that didn’t work, leaving my brother with no hair and still with cancer. I sigh heavily; I wish our parents were still alive so I wouldn't have to go through this alone with YoungMin.

 

While I was looking at my brother, I notice a shadow covers us. An old woman is standing before us. 

"Hello" she smiles warmly, showing no harm. I greet her back "Good evening M'am" I nudge my brother to greet her; he only waved and went back eating. I roll my eyes at him.

 

"I was sitting over there" she point to the opposite table from us "I noticed that your brother is....sick, isn't that right?" I furrow my eyebrows at the woma

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter