FOUR

DEMON HUNTER: Legend of the werewolf

By the time everyone was done with the day’s activities it was past 7pm. They decided to go to the local diner for a status report. “So what do we have?” Taeyeon asked her team members. “Well, we interviewed Natalie and got nothing. The girl doesn’t remember” Seohyun said. “And her brother being there wasn’t helping” Kris added. “What? Our only witness of the murder doesn’t remember?” Taeyeon was frustrated that they were going nowhere. “It’s probably because of the shock” Tao added.

“What did you guys get from the crime scene” Seohyun asked Tao and Taeyeon. “We took some good pictures and almost lost them, that was so close” Taeyeon pulled out her camera. “Why? What happened?” Seohyun asked he older girl. “We had an incident” Tao replied making Taeyeon blush again. This was the second time he had ever seen their fearless leader blush.

 Seeing Taeyeon blush at Tao’s words caused made Minho a little angry. He would never admit it but he did have a soft spot for Taeyeon. Even though they where constantly arguing, he always figured they would be something between them. Things changed though when Tao joined their team. And Minho would openly admit he didn’t like Tao.

“Minho what did you find out at the school?” Kris asked breaking the awkward silence. Kris hated awkward silences although he was the one who never said a word. “They are definitely hiding something, I just don’t now what” said Minho trying not to sound upset.

“Do you think we are dealing with a werewolf?” Seohyun got everyone’s attention. “What do you mean” Taeyeon was intrigued by the younger one’s theory. “I was reading about the town’s history last night and apparently there is an old wife’s tale” she continued “It says that a long time ago a few of the towns men killed a wolf that had been terrorizing the town’s people. What is weird though is that within a few second of it’s death the dead wolf turned into human a human corpse”.

Taeyeon didn’t’ want to admit it but Seohyun was on to something. “The commander wouldn’t have given us this mission if it was a werewolf, we are not experienced enough” Minho broke Taeyeon’s chain of thought. “True” Seohyun continued “but e probably didn’t think it was a serous. That’s why he chose us”. Seohyun was making more and more sense.

“We need to contact a team with experience in this field” Taeyeon said after thinking about it. “I know just the team” Kris finally spoke. “Really which” Taeyeon was curious. “The North America team, Jessica once mentioned a werewolf assignment they had” Seohyun flinched. She wasn’t particularly fond of Jessica and Kris’ relationship. “Good why don’t you talk to her” Taeyeon suggest. Seohyun sent her a death glare which she missed.

Kris was standing outside the diner after he called Jessica. He found out some very valuable information. After he told her everything she was convinced it as a werewolf. The fact that almost everyone they interviewed was hiding something suggested there was a pack and they were trying to protect each other. She was also convinced Natalie killed Daniel, since in some case memory loss was a result of transition from human to wolf. She also gave him tips on how to kill a wolf but he reassured her Tao had that covered.

Kris was about to go back into the diner when he saw Nate at the parking lot. He was with some girl he didn’t recognize. They appeared to be arguing. He watched his step as he walk closer to tem trying to listen to what they were saying.

“You said they would rule it as an animal attack” the girl was furious. “They did” Nate reassured her. “Then why do we have the Asian CSI running around town asking questions?” She crossed her arms. “I don’t know” he harshly grabbed o her wrist “but don’t say anything to them” he twisted her it making whimper in pain “WE HAVE TO PROTECT NATALIE”.