ONE

DEMON HUNTER: Legend of the werewolf

A group of teenagers from the local school were having a bonfire in the woods of Old Creek. “This was good idea” Eva said looking up at the full moon “This is a beautiful night”. “I know, you can say it I’m a genius” said Rachel the master mind behind the whole event. They both giggled. The chatters continued for a while before some noticed something “Has anyone seen Daniel”. Every one started looking around for the self proclaimed play boy. He was always running off with some girl. “His probably doing the usual” said the boy adding more wood to the fire. Everyone laughed knowing exactly what that meant.

Everyone carried on with their own business until “HELP!” a horrified scream echoed from the other side of the woods. Everyone rushed to the source. Eva and Rachel where leading the pack when they saw a girl running towards them crying her heart out. She was half only wearing her black jeans and pink lacy bra. They all noticed she had blood lover her. She ran towards them and collapsed into Eva’s arms “What happened?” Rachel asked the younger girl. “Daniel, his.. his” she was breathing heavily unable to finish her sentence.

Eva and Rachel stayed with her while some of the boys went further looking for Daniel. The forest was huge and it took the boys a good ten minuets before they found him. They gasped at what they saw. His face was half gone, he had huge claw marks on his shirt which extended to his flesh and he was lying there life less.

The team was on train heading into Old Creek. Taeyeon, the team leader, decided to use the free time to go the case one more town. “Daniel Green, age 17, found eaten by some kind of animal” she carried reading from the case file. Tao sighed annoyed they their leader’s persistence. They had been through the case file so many times that he knew every detail off by heart. “If it was an animal attack, why are we here?” Kris got her attention. They were a specialized team trained in dealing with supernatural creatures. An animal attack was something the local police could handle.

“Well this is not the first attack and the town sheriff thinks it might be something supernatural so I suggest we trust him” she carried on reading only to be interrupted by someone else “I heard the only reason we came here is because the sheriff is an old friend of the commander and he called in a favors” Minho asked the leader. “It’s still worth checking out” Taeyeon snapped at him.

Seohyun just laughed at their confrontation without looking up from her laptop, those two also argued. Tao was looking out the window board out of his mind.  Kris was sleeping while he sat up straight, an art he had perfected. While Taeyeon and Minho continued with their argument.

After a few hours they finally got to their destination. “I still can’t believe they let you bring that big case in the train” Seohyun said to Tao who was grabbing his black case from the competent. “Why wouldn’t they after he threw a tantrum” Taeyeon added making them laugh. The conductor had told Tao to put his big bag with the other big bags but of course he wouldn’t let it out of his sight. The conductor was persistent but with a little screaming and threatening Tao managed to convince him otherwise.

“I wouldn’t ask you to throw your child in with the big bags, so don’t ask me to do the same” Tao replied offended by their comments. “Your child” Minho joined in “We’re talking about a bag of num chucks and ninja stars” they all laughed even Kris thought it was funny. Tao shot them a death glare before he exited the vicinity obviously upset.

When they got out the train they met up with Sheriff Gilbert and introduction themselves, he them took them to the motel they would be staying at for the duration of the investigation. He suggested they get some rest before they got started the next day.

 Tao and Minho decided to catch up on some sleep. Seohyun was on her laptop looking up the town’s history and animal attacks. Taeyeon was going over the case file one more time while Kris decided to check out the town.

After familiarizing himself with the town Kris came across a memorial, outside a book store, for the boy who died.  There was a picture of him, a bunch of flowers and some people even left goodbye messages. Kris was so distracted by the memorial that he didn’t register the boy standing next to him. When he did he noticed that the looked very sad and heartbroken. “Friend of yours” Kris asked the boy. “Not really” he replied before walking away.