Necklace [SeoKyu]

SuperGeneration ONE-SHOT Collection

*Seohyun's POV*

 I was walking by the side of his house. Could he be home from America? He promised me 3 years ago, "I'll be back after 3 years. I will just study in America. I promise. I will be back."

Then I could hear a guy's voice from the front door. Could it be him? I looked. It is him! The one I love. The one I love-Forever. The one I was waiting for 3 years. And I couldn't believe he's really here already.

I walked to him.

He looked at me with a smile. "Seohyun. Is that really you?"

"Yes it is me. The same old Seohyun you've known, Kyuhyun." I smiled at him.

He immediately hugged me. I hugged him back. I missed the times when he hug me to comfort me and now it's back. He's back. I breath in his scent. He still smells the same, the same as 3 years ago.

"I can't believe that you're really here," I said, still hugging him.

"Yeah. Me too," he said, "I have a surprise for you." He broke from the hug. 

"What is it?"

He brought out something from a small pink box. He opened it, there was a very shiny silver necklace, with a heart-pendant. He gave it to me. I got it from him. I scanned it. 

It looks like this:

"Wow. It's so beautiful. I love it.Thank you Kyuhyun. You're really the best, bestfriend I ever had!" I hugged him.

He hugged me back. 

"Let me wear it on you," he suggested.

"Sure."

I turned around and he placed it around my neck. I touched it. "Gomawo Kyuhyun. You're really so sweet. I didn't know you'll buy me this."

"Of course you're my bestfriend. Nothing will ever come between our friendship." 

I hugged him again. His words are so touching. I really love him. I hope he doesn't notice, because I think he only think of me as a friend, not something else. 

"So how was America?" I asked.

"It's so awesome! I saw the Statue of Liberty and the Eiffel Tower in Canada. If you were there with me, it would be better. And Harvard is somewhat nice. That university is so big that everytime I find my classroom, I always get lost."

I just laughed at him.

"Why are you laughing at me?"

"You're so funny. The way you talk. You haven't changed. You're still the same old Kyuhyun I knew. My bestfriend didn't change." He just smiled. "Did you find someone attractive there?"

"Aniyo. Because there's this someone I'm looking forward to meet here in Korea."

"Who is it?"

"It's a secret."

"Since when did you hide secrets from me?"

"Now. Since. Now."

I laughed at his joke.

"Seohyun?" A familiar voice called. 

I turned and saw Yonghwa standing there, hands on hips. "Yonghwa?"

"What are you doing here?" He asked me with a raised eyebrow.

I couldn't answer him. But I still spoke up, "I'm here to visit my friend. Kyuhyun. He just came from America. I'm just here to welcome him back to Korea." 

"Jeongmal?"

"Neh. I;m not lying. But why are you here?"

"Well... My wife is not home so I came to find her." He just looked at me.

"You're married?" Kyuhyun asked.

I turned to face him. I looked at him and said, "Neh."

"You got married and you didn't tell me?"

"Well. It was an arranged marriage that umma and appa did. I just knew that I was getting married and I didn't have the time to tell you. Mianhe."

His face expression hardened. "Aniyo. Gwaenchanayo." 

"Jeongmal?"

"Neh. Now that I know about it," he said still with a hard-expressioned face, "I'll just need to go inside and unpack my thigs."

"Wait!" I stopped him. I know that Yonghwa was just watching us both, waiting for me to say goodbye to Kyuhyun. 

"Neh?"

What should I say? Uhmmm..., "Uhmm... Meet Yonghwa, my husband." I turned to look at Yonghwa and said, "Yonghwa, this is Kyuhyun. My childhood bestfriend."

"Dangsineul Mannaseo Bangabsubnida."

"You too." Kyuhyun smiled at him and shut the door close behind him. I haven't say goodbye to Kyuhyun.

"Okay. Seo let's go home."

"Araso." I followed him to his car and he drove away.

 

*Kyuhyun's POV*

I was watching them leave. I can't believe that she's already married. She should have told me so that I didn't bought this. I stared at the small red box I was holding. It contained the ring, the engagement ring I was supposed to give to her. I threw it away, not minding where it went. I hate my life. It's like my heart broke down into small pieces when I heard her say, "...Meet Yonghwa, My husband." Why did she even get married to that guy? It's like she doesn't even love him. When she introduced me to him, it's like she had no feelings for him. 

But I still hate my life.  If I didn't left for America, Maybe I was the one there at that Yonghwa's part. Being her husband. Studying there didn't even helped me

I felt  tear drop from my eyes and I just let the others follow. My heart really hurts. Even if it hurts, I fought back the weeping, away. 

Maybe, I'll find someone on my way to better life, better than mourning over a heartbreaking friend that I loved the most.

 

After 2 months...

*Seohyun's POV*

Yonghwa had filed a divorce with me, because he thinks I don't love him. But it's true, I don't love him. I'm in love with a person named Cho Kyuhyun, and no one else, I have sworn to God that I will never love anyone else, except for him, my one and only true love. I became happier than ever when Yonghwa and I got divorced.

I searched for the necklace Kyuhyun gave me. It's the most special thing he gave to me. And there I found it just lying on the top of my desk. I wore it around my neck. It's still the most precious thing that anyone had given to me. 

I went out the room and went to drive the car. I am wearing a happy smile going to Kyuhyun's house.  I want to tell him that me and Yonghwa just got divorced and I think he loves me as a friend and will make me go back to him, and start over being just friends, not bestfriends, but friends, only.

When I got there, he was just standing there on the front door. My Kyuhyun. You're my Kyuhyun. 

I went out the car and walked to him. I saw his expression. He looks like he's confused.

 

*No One's POV*

"Kyuhyun." Seohyun called. 

He was just staring at her, with wide eyes. 

"Kyuhyun. Don't you remember me? I'm Seohyun. You're bestfriend. Have you forgotten about me?" Seohyun joked.

"Aniyo. I just can't believe that you're here." Kyuhyun's heart is pounding so fast when she came near him. Seohyun's heartbeat was also faster than ever. 

"What brings you here?" Kyuhyun asks her.

"I just want to visit my bestfriend. Is it bad?"

"Aniyo." He smiled. He can't believe that she's still calling him her bestfriend. "But seriously, what brings you here?"

"I want to tell you that something bad happened."

"What is it?" He seemed to be interested. Could it be, that they're divorced? Kyuhyun thought. Aniyo. That can't be.

"Yonghwa and I..." 

He was just waiting for her to continue.

"Got divorced." 

He was right. But why is he feeling so happy, so happy that he really wanted to hug her and tell her that he still loves her, so much.

"Is it a bad thing? Or a good thing?"

"Honestly, for me it's a good thing, becau-"

Then someone butted in their conversation. "Kyuhyun?"

They both looked at the person who butted in. 

"Oh. Sooyoung!" He smiled at her. "I forgot that you're coming." He scratched his head.

"Who's this?'

"Seohyun."

"I thought she's your girlfriend. I thought your cheating on me," she said in a relaxed tone.

Cheating? What does she mean? She's Kyuhyun's girlfriend? No! That can't be. Kyuhyun's on;y mine.  Seohyun thought. It's like her heart sank. She feels so depressed and anger and a lot of negative emotions. 

"I should go." She said, still heartbroken. 

"Aniyo. Wait. We haven't finished talking. Aren't you going to continue your sentence?" Kyuhuyn stopped her from leaving.

She continued, "I was just going to say that it's a good thing that were divorced because I don't really love him. That's all. So annyeong!" She immediately went inside her car and drove away.

Sooyoung came in a wrong timing! If she didn't arrive yet, I could have told Seohyun how much I loved her. And I think she's also going to tell me something else, not the divorce thing, but I know that it's something else. 

"Kyuhyun?" Sooyoung asked in an irritating voice.

"It's over. We're breaking up," Hesaid in an ill-mannered tone.

He left her there just standing. He didn't even care what will happen to her. 

If Seohyun was there to hear that Kyuhyun broke up with Sooyoung she wouldn't feel this way:

 

*Seohyun's POV*

I was crying in my car. I still can't believe he has a girlfriend. If I have known before I should have known better, better to not love him aymore. But it just hurts. 

I held the necklace and drove away.

The necklace is the most important and precious thing in the world for me. I have learned a lesson. I will never love anymore, because I know in the end, it will just hurt, just like this.

 

~THE END~