Chapter Three

Matched

New Student

                                   The next day...                         

"Jinri-ah!" A girly voice shouted in Jinri's ear as she was still asleep.  Jinri turned away from the shouting. The girl ran downstairs and poured cold water into a bowl. "Yah!" Jinri finally woke up and closed her eyes tightly as water got into it. She wiped the water off her eyes and her lips. 

As soon as she saw who poured the cold water onto her, she grabbed her wet, light-blue, laced pillow and threw it to the girl. "Soojung! Why did you have to pour water on meeeee~" Jinri pouted. Soojung smiled and pointed to her clock. 8:20 A.M. Jinri looked at her and shook her head. Soojung gave her a confusing look. 

"Now, come o-" Jinri stopped her before Soojung could leave her room. "How'd you get into my house? I only gave one spare-keys to Sehun..." Soojung grinned, knowing that she gave a spare-key to him. "I asked him if I can borrow it for just today and hurry up! We only have like twenty minutes." She ran out of Jinri's room before she could ask another question.

Jinri quickly got up and does her daily routine. 

"Ready Jung-ah~" Soojung turned off the TV and hooked her arms with Jinri's. "Oh and where's Jongin~" Jinri put on her teasing voice. Soojung smiled upon hearing Jongin's name but started to ask her the same question. "But where is Sehun~ Hm?" Soojung tilted her head and grinned. Jinri stuck out her tongue. 

Soojung and Jinri walked up to the two boys who was busy talking. Jinri walked up behind Sehun and Soojung walked up behind Jongin. "One, two, three..." Soojung whispered and Jinri nodded. "Rah!" Jongin and Sehun jumped and turned around. 

"Yah! Why would you scare us like that?!" Jongin asked putting his hands on his hips followed by Sehun. "Well, why not?" Jinri asked and Soojung laughed. The bell rang and the four of them went to class. Sehun and Jinri walked into their English class. Mrs. Areum walked in and settled down her books. "Class!" The class quieted down. "We have a new student here, please come in and introduce yourself." The new student walked in and bowed. Jinri looked at him and their eyes met for a minute but Jinri turned away. 

"Hi~" The girls said "Hi." to him back. He chuckled before continuing. "My name is Lee Taemin. I hope we will get along great!" Taemin bowed. "Alright, why won't you sit with Sulli over there. Sulli please raise your hand." Jinri raised her hand. "Oh and Jiyoung-ah is still not here?" Jinri frowned and shook her head. 

Taemin sat with Jinri and they seemed to get along pretty fine. Sehun watched them from afar. 

"You guys are lucky because I have to finish grading the tests from last week. So you guys may talk until the bell rings." The class cheered and started to move around and to their friends.

"So your name is Sulli? My name is Lee Taemin." Taemin held out his hand and Jinri took it. "My name is Choi Jinri but I only let people who is close to me call me by Jinri." Taemin let an 'ah~" and smiled. "Then, I guess we can try to get closer." Heat started to rise upon Jinri's cheeks and lets go of Taemin's hand. "Oh! What's your schedule?" 

Jinri looked at his schedule and clapped her hands. "Hm?" Taemin looked up and his lips. Jinri's heart pounded upon seeing that but tried to calm down. "We have the same schedule!" Taemin clapped his hands also but in a child-like way. Jinri thought that was adorable and smiled brightly.  Sehun his lips and got up from his seat. 

"Hey guys!" Sehun went beside Taemin. Jinri waved her hands at him. "Meet my bestestfriend, Sehun." Jinri stood up and put her arms over Sehun's shoulder. Sehun smiled and put his arms around Jinri's waist. Jinri must've forgot about that note Mrs. Hoon has given us. Sehun thought. "Ah~ Hi Sehun-sshi." 

Sehun dragged Jinri away from Taemin. Taemin looked at the two confusingly and scratched the back of his head. "Hm?" Jinri tilted her head. "Remember the note Mrs. Hoon has given us? The Matched thing?" Jinri did not get what he was saying until she remembered. "Oh~ Don't worry Sehun-ah. It's just a simple note. Not everyone needs to know." Jinri let out a small laugh and leaned in closer. "Plus, I think Taemin is kinda cute." Sehun gave her a fake smile and ruffled her hair. 

Jinri looked back at Taemin who was now sitting on Jinri's seat and watching outside of the window while the some of the girls were all around that desk. Sehun looked at her. He observed her face. Even though they were childhood friends, he never noticed how beautiful Jinri was. "What do you think of me?" Sehun asked out of the blue. Jinri turned to face Sehun, startled by the question. "W-well, you're my bestfriend. My cold, sweet, child-like bestfriend." Jinri smiled. 'Bestfriend' Sehun thought, Why am I feeling like this? Jinri is my bestfriend, the match that Mrs. Hoon has matched me with and for now on, Jinri and I will be living together. If we are a match, then I'll have to treat her like my own girlfriend and only mine. 

 

____ _______ ____________________________________________ _______ ____

 

 Author's Noteeeeee:      

no author note is available on this chapter. «