Mirror Dance

Distant Sunrise

.

 

New song, new dance, new moves. Practice, practice, practice. Practice makes perfect. But they're not perfect. None of them are.

Music cuts off. They're stopped again. Shown the steps "one more time".

Limbs aching, lungs heaving, throats thirsting.

They're told to take a break, 15 minutes and come right back. That's not long, but they'll take it.

Tao takes his empty water bottle to the trash in the hall next to the soda machine. He digs into his pockets for some change, got a few and inserted them into the slot. Picked Pepsi since that's the only choice they got. Company sponsor, you know. Two pounds and a kick. It's the only way to get anything out of this machine.

Then Kris comes around, walking towards him, a small smile on Kris' lips.

Tao turns away, walking away. He has been doing a lot of that lately. He doesn't know why. Around Kris he has trouble breathing. Maybe afraid of what Kris will see. So he keeps his distance.

Tao turns a corner, his heart's pounding, thinking Kris might follow him. he looks back but Kris is nowhere to be seen. His heart still pounds like a drum. Sometimes just thinking of Kris makes his heart skip a beat.

That can't be good.

Now Tao stands at the end of a hall, one hand leaning on a glass window's railing. While in another hand with a soda can tight in his grip he emptys its contents in large gulps.

As minutes ticked away Tao watches the sky as it changes its colors. Blue, yellow, orange, red, pink, and then purple all blended together. The sun is setting. It's so beautiful. So beautiful he wishes there was someone to share this with.

It's time to get back. Tao passes the soda machine to the trash, tossing his empty can. On his way walking back to the practice room he sees Kris leaning against the doorframe, hands in his pockets looking like he's waiting.

Walking by, Kris looks up catching him in a gaze. And there goes Tao's heart again.

"We've been waiting for you," Kris says.

"Oh," Tao answers.

So Kris were waiting for him?

"Come on," Kris says, his hand on Tao's back as he guides them back into the practice room.

Kris' hand is so warm on that spot, where Tao's spine arches. Where it's sensitive to touch. Where Kris' warmth melts into him, sparking small shivers through his body. Then it's gone. He looks and sees Kris has already moved to the opposite side of the room.

Practice has started again. The music's playing. This time Tao can't look away. He watches Kris through the mirror as they all move together.

But all Tao can do is imagine just Kris and him dancing together. Kris' hand behind his neck, arm around his waist, and Kris catches him as he falls back. Like they once did before.

 

 

______________________________________
Author's Note
Honestly, after chapter 2 I thought of not continuing this story due to the lack of interests. Thinking maybe it's too depressing or boring, but after seeing the comments that started coming in it got me to keep writing again. Anyway, there's probably only three more chapters to go. So stay tune for that.

 


credit to tumblr

 

 


[ ❤ SOMETHING LIKE THIS ]

 

 

.