Hotel Room

Distant Sunrise

 

 

 

Another trip, another country, another hotel room, another chance for me to be with you. But nothing happens, of course.
 
It's morning again. I wake up first, as usual. I walk to the window and open the curtains. There's a blinding light. I shield my eyes, while they adjust.
 
The sun fills up the room. And I can hear you mumbling in your sleep. I close the distance between us where you are still in your own hotel bed. Still in your own world.
 
Eyes shut, lashes splayed delicately over high, pale cheekbones, which I watch as they quiver. 
 
Are you dreaming? I wonder what you dream about. Am I anywhere in it?
 
I kneel down on the carpet crossing my arms and placing them on top the edge of your bed. I'm right in front of you and you don't even notice, or stir. You're such a deep sleeper. 
 
If I touch you, will you even know?
 
Slowly, and gently I place my fingers on your cheek. I feel your warmth under my finger tips. Carefully, I your cheek. You let out a sigh, and my fingers starts to tremble. So I retreat them. Your eyes remain shut, but I think my heart skipped a beat.
 
I sigh. Crossing my arms again on the edge of your bed and lean my head on top of them.
 
Do you feel the way I do? I ask quietly.
 
I laugh softly, bitterly. What's the point?
 
I wish I could just give up.
 
Or maybe I could. Maybe then I can stop falling apart like this, when you're not even watching. Where my shoulders shake, throat tightens, nose sniffs, and I'm left drying my eyes in my crossed arms. 
 
Like this. 
 
I'm in front of you and you don't even notice.
 
 
 
 
 
----------------------------------------------------
Author's Note
I was in a sad mood when I started writing this months ago. I was listening to Christina Perri's [ Distance ] before I began writing so it's kinda based off of the song. And this story takes place around August when Tao's seemed really down. This first chapter was some time after SMTown's Japan concert. Oh, and only this first chapter is in Tao's POV the rest are narrative style.
 
I'm also writing another TaoRis series titled Something Like This [ HERE ] It's the complete opposite of this story with some comedy and ual content (if I can manage). The setting is an Innocent Host Boy!Tao verses Arrogant Rich Guy!Kris... so if interested please check it out.
 
And of course, comments are LOVE!
 
 
 
.