Window View

Distant Sunrise

 

.
 
 
 
Everyone's standing on stage together happy, smiling and cheering. But today Tao feels something missing, and his smile doesn't look right. He knew it too.
 
Kris' standing in front of Tao, but he might as well be miles away. Tao can't bring himself to close the distance between them. He doesn't know why. But he thinks this is for the best.
 
Tao looks at Kris, and Tao looks away, then he looks at Kris again. Kris is laughing, talking, and smiling with everyone but Tao. Is this alright? Am I okay with this?
 
Tao starts walking away. He can't keep looking at Kris like this. He can't be there anymore. 
 
Kris turns around right as he leaves. Tao sees him at the corner of his eye. Kris is looking at him, but Tao couldn't look back. All he sees is the narrow path ahead of him between the crowd. And he keeps going until he no longer sees Kris.
 
The show is coming to an end. Tao tries his best to smile. But he fails. He couldn't. It's too fake. He gives up.
 
Tao walks the runway with the rest, though deciding to walk along side no one. A poliet bow and he steps off the stage.
 
Finally it's over.
 
They run to their van. Tao gets there first taking the back seat before anyone. Exhausted, he plops down on the seat, head against the window, eyes closed.
 
Everyone's still excited, and they were calling Tao's name. But he remains unmoving.
 
"Just let him rest." he hears Kris say.
 
Everyone starts to calm down. Tao feels the van moving. they're on their way "home".
 
As everyone falls asleep evetually Tao opens his eyes again. In front of him is Kris, and he watches the back of Kris' head that tiredly rests against the window. 
 
In the back seat Tao watches Kris sleep all the way "home".
 
 
 
 
 
__________________________________________________
Based on SMTown Live World Tour III, August 18, 2012, Seoul
 
 
 
 
 
 
.