Take-Out

Distant Sunrise

 

.
 
 
 
Tao and Kris arrives at a restaurant to pick up their take out. They're told it'll take another fifteen minutes.
 
They take a seat in the corner way in the back where no one can see them. It's the last table left meant for two people. They sit face to face. Tao looks down, he looks up and around just anywhere but at Kris. Tao thinks Kris is doing the same. 
 
It's awkward. 
 
What's happening between them? It didn't use to be this way. 
 
Tao takes a chance glancing up at Kris. Their eyes meet. They both quickly look away at the same time, figeting in their seats. Kris crosses his arms across his chest like some kind of armor and Tao finds myself doing the same; as they both lean back in their seats creating some more distance between each other.
 
Kris takes out his phone, tapping and scrolling on the screen. Feeling left out Tao takes out his phone too. Tapping and scrolling through his messages, most of them already read.
 
Tao tries to look up without being too obvious. Kris is still on his phone looking serious and focus. Tao looks down at his again and tap on a game app and starts playing. Trying to pretend nothing is wrong.
 
Their food is finally ready. They walk out with their hands filled with take out boxes in plastic bags, a dozen total.
 
Tao decides to walk a few paces behind Kris. Kris has told him before he didn't like that. But Tao never told Kris he does it because he likes watching Kris' back. Tao likes how Kris' back always looks so strong and secure.
 
The sky darkens. The street lights flicker on. A sudden gust of wind breezes by. Tao shuffles just a little closer behind Kris, feeling the warmth from his back. And Tao feels safe there.
 
 
 
 
 
----------------------------------------------------
Author's Note
This chapter takes place after the S.M.ART EXHIBITION where there was a fanaccount of Tao and Kris going to get take-out together after the event. Not sure if it's true but this is a moment I imagined they'd have, kinda reminiscent of the time in the airport when Tao held on to Kris' shoulder.
 
My other TaoRis series Something Like This has also been updated [ HERE ] it's a short one though, just to get to know the other host boys better, if interested please check it out.
 
And of course, comments are LOVE!
 
 
 
.