Starvation?

We Are Never Getting Back Together

"Kaja!" He hissed, and I got up from my seat. It was eight o'clock at night and there was no one else in the office except for me and Eunhyuk. Finally he was done and I can go home! I cheered in my head and walked to him as he switched off the lights. It was even scarier in the dark. I follow him out of the office and into the dimly lit hallway. We stopped by the elevator and waited.
 


I looked around, the place was dead quiet and the lights were dimly to save electricity. The light in a distance flickered and I jumped, grabbing onto Eunhyuk's arm. I guess it was just a reflex from someone (like me) who believes in ghosts.



He shot me a glare which I ignored, still clutching onto his arm. He shook me off, causing me to stumble back.



"What the hell are you doing?" He snapped, dusting his shirt with his hand.



"N-nothing," I replied timidly. I was ranting to myself softly on how I wish the lift would come soon.



A minute later that seemed like forever, the elevator reached this floor - 13. He stepped cooly into the elevator while I rushed in, hiding against the wall of the lift. One thing you should know when taking a lift is that, it's better to stay against a wall. Especially to those who believes madly in ghost. Cause if you don't lean against the wall, someone might be behind you without you noticing. What? I saw them in movies and read them in books. I can't help it, I believe in ghosts.



"What are you doing?" He asked, raising an eyebrow at me. I was leaning back with my chin tucked in.



"N-nothing..." I snapped nervously. He squinted his eyes at me, I had a feeling that he felt that something was on. My heart skipped a million beats when he came over and placed both his hands on the wall on the both side of my face. (You know, like when a guy is going to kiss a girl...LOL) I gulped and tried not to look into his eyes. I had absolutely no idea what he was doing.



"Eunhyuk-ssi... W-what are y-you doing?" I muttered with nervousness. I glanced up and saw that he was smirking. He started leaning closer and closer. I could hear my heart beat increased. Closing my eyes, I waited for "it" to happen. I expected "you-know-what" but instead of a "you-know-what", I heard him whisper, "Jessica, you thought I was gonna kiss you?"

Argh, I'm such an idiot. How could I have expected a kiss from a jerk like him? Whatever, I don't get it. Why did I wait for the kiss instead of pushing him off?! I have Donghae oppa. I can't do such a thing to him. He's suffering with his mother and I am here waiting for a kiss from a jerk. I closed my eyes furiously, he humiliated me again. I soon fell asleep in the car that was driving peacefully along the busy highway.

 

 

 



I woke up by the sound of soft birds chirping. I slowly opened my eyes and was welcomed by the warm sunlight. I sat up from my bed. Wait? My bed? I didn't remember walking to my room or anything. I only remembered sleeping in the car. I scratched my head and looked at the time. 7.45. Still confused , I washed up and walked downstairs.



A familiar figure was by the kitchen, he was back facing me but I knew he was Eunhyuk. Who elso could it be? He had the body of a professional jerk's. There was a sizzling sound and I guessed he was cooking. I approached him and sat down by the table in the opened kitchen. He heard me and turned around, still having that smug jerk face of his.



"Oh morning," he said.



"Morning."



He placed a two plates onto the table and dumped two cooked ham onto each plate. He then added a fried egg to each plate. That wasn't the end though. He added two sausage to each plate and a toast bread. Wow. I hungrily ate my food as he washed up and joined me. There was no conversation between us as we eat. That is until, the jerk broke the silence.
 


"Who's Donghae?"



I stared at him, shocked. How did he know Donghae?!
 


"Bwoh?"



"Who's Donghae?" He repeated, his eyes on me.



"Oh, my boyfriend..." I replied. He nodded and took a bite out of his sausage. "How... Did you know him?"



"I don't," he said and I stared at him.



"I heard you call his name when I carried you upstairs-"



"You carried me?!" I almost yelled.



"Um, yea. You are pretty heavy."



"Aish... Jinjja..." I rolled my eyes.



"What? You are really heavy..." He rolled his eyes too. This tone sounded irritated.



"Is your boyfriend nice?" He asked. What a dumb question.
 


"Yes..."



"Is he handsome?"



"Yes, the most good-looking guy ever."

He huffed at that.



"I bet I'm better looking," He added.



"Your bet is wrong then,"
 


"But I'm sure he isn't as capable as me,"
 


Nope he was wrong. He was having a great future in the banking business but that was before he moved to China. But Donghae is a really smart and capable guy. I am sure that he had found a great job here in China too.
 


"As if," I simply said as I stood up and washed the plates.
 


"Get ready by 8.30. We will leave at 8.45" He reminded. I just nodded at him before walking back upstairs to change. Ten minutes later, I came down, all ready. He too, was ready and eating a banana on the couch. Seriously, this jerk changes really fast.
 


"I'm ready," I said. The next fees day was spent in the same way. Sleep, eat, go to work, eat, sleep... And the same cycle. Throughout the next three days, we started to talk more and the awkwardness was disappearing. We even lessen the arguments. Well... About six times a day. That's all.
 

 

 

 


"Oppa~" I said in a begging tone as I shook his arm. Yes, I called him oppa. But that happens only when I need something. I would call him jerk most of the time though. He doesn't mind and calls me Pabo in return. He ignored me, his eyes glued on the television. He is watching Soccer at night, around nine o'clock. However, I haven't eat my dinner.



"Oppa~ I am hungry~" I whined, poking him. He shrugged me off, still engrossed in the match.
 


"Aish. Go away, make your own food." He snapped and I pouted. I didn't know how to cook! I wandered around the kitchen for half an hour. There was no snacks or biscuits. I ate them all two days ago.
 


"Oppa, there's no food!" I yelled.
 


"Then go buy..." He hissed, his tone irritated. I huffed at him before stomping upstairs to grab some money. After that I stormed out of the house without telling him. I wandered about cluelessly around the streets as I wasn't very familiar with the area. I took out my hands from my jacket and rubbed them together. It was almost ten and the weather was really cold. Most of the shops were closed. Luckily, there I found a shop selling a whole lot of snacks. I bought some sausage and some buns. I knew those wouldn't keep me full so I went on, aimlessly and glancing at different shops. Finally I stopped by a shop and bought some sticky rice. I munched on them and glanced at my watch. It was already half past eleven.
 


Wow, time flies. I started walking to what I thought was the way out. When I reached a dead end, my heart dropped to the ground. Where was I? I walked back to the shops but I couldn't remember which way I came from. I started to panic. What if some weird ahjusshi comes over and ... Oh god, no. I hurriedly whipped out my phone and dialled Eunhyuk's number.
 


I folded my arms as I waited for him to pick up. But, there was no answer. I tried again, mumbling to myself.
 


"Please pick up. Pick up. Pick up. Please pick up." I mumbled, swaying the plastic bag in my hand.
 


There was no answer, again. Ah... I tried again, and again. I stopped at the seventh try. Urgh that jerk. I slumped my back and pouted. I scrolled through my contact list. My fingers automatically stopped at him - Donghae. I sighed,I hasn't hear his voice for about five months already, He said that it was expensive to call me while he is in China. But... hey I'm in Beijing now too.
 


Excitedly I dialled Donghae's number. My heart beat increasing to every number I keyed in.
 


"Yeoboseyo?"
 


I froze. It wasn't Donghae. I knew it couldn't be his umma too. The voice didn't sound like her, not warm, not comfortable and not weak... Who was it?

 

 

 

 

Authors' Note ; (please note that it's nonsense. You can don't read them x.x Just feel like sharing my feelings and it made me feel better after spitting them out)

HI guys. it's 1 AM right now. Recently, I'm feeling so troubled TT^TT .

You know I'm the typical kind of teenage girl like most of you are - probably dreaming to be a kpop idol. Well, me too. But the difference is that I had been dreaming to be a star since I was like... um, 5? Yes, I love singing and dancing. Everyone in my family knows that. So far, only four of my friends know about that. They are like my bestest friends. When i was around the age of 7-8, i participated in a neighbourhood dance battle. I compete with about twenty kids. Some younger, others older. I couldn't believe it that I actually won the first prize. That's nothing right? (I received a rubber dog-toy LOL) I gave it to my five-year old cousin instead. I don't really wish for prizes, all I want to do is to stand on stage and perform. Well, when I'm on the stage, I feel like I belong there. I know, I'm such a freak. When I was in elementary school, I performed for my graduation day. The teachers chose a cultural dance and we danced Indian dance ~ I know I'm more interested in KPOP but those days were fun too. I love dancing, and I dance when I'm feelig stress or upset.

Hmm, I dance all the time. Ever since then, I had never stood on stage - since I was afraid to dance anymore. Really, I was too afraid. I didn't know why. I was afraid that no one would like the dancing side of me. That is till my last year in Middle school. I performed KPOP dance - mainly Gee and Sorry Sorry with my friends. That was the trend back then. We even won =D ~ ! It was really fun. A year past, with me just hiding from the real me, again. I had this friend who selfclaimed she's a dancer. She and three of her friends are from Contempt dance. However, I was from sports (Netball~) They had the chance to perform and all I did was watch them with envy. People would always cheer for her when she dance and people recognises her as a dancer. I was hoping that I could be like that one day xD Luckily, I had a chance to perform during Music this year. I was head over heels when my group decides on dancing Paparazzi. There was so much problems that occurred as we practiced. The guys didn't want to learn Oppa Gangnam Style, neither did they made the effort to find a new song to perform. I really got frustrated with them. I took a whole week to learn Paparazzi by SNSD and practiced almost everyday. Fortunately, we had a week of break. I practiced throughout the week. My teammates even wanted to cancel Paparazzi. I meant i it would just be unfair for us. I was really really really happy when my classmates praised me for my dancing. That was my very first time my friends praise me, for my dancing.

 

Btw, Sorry for saying all this to you guys. XD I just couldn't find someone to talk to. And it's been inside of me for so long. I was considering to audition but I'm too afraid. You know, I'm a scaredy cat. I'm not really good in singing, well I'm ranked 2nd in my self-proclaimed band. But I don't have any confidence... Argh. I really have no idea what to do. :( Do give me some advice.

A million apologies to this random talk.

Loves, Kae.