That Usual Morning

We Are Never Getting Back Together

 

Saturday
 
 
I woke up to find myself flat on the carpet floor of my bedroom, with my blankets tangled around me. Oh god, what the hell happened to me while I'm sleeping? I struggled as I climbed out of my blankets and looked at my bed. Okay it was worst - the pillows were everywhere. Was there an earthquake while I was asleep? I smiled at my own silliness as I made my bed neatly. I brushed my teeth and washed my face in the tiny bathroom in my bedroom. I slipped into a bright green dress that goes down to my knee and a yellow working-styled jacket. I grabbed the sling of my brown pouch and placed it on my shoulder. Carrying my blue luggage down the stairs, I heard some commotion in the kitchen.
 
"Anniyo! Give me that!" That was Krystal's voice. 
 
"I took it first~ Mehrong~!" And that was my elder brother Yonghwa.
 
"Urgh, why are you so childish oppa?!" Krystal yelled. 
 
"Mehrong~ Mehrong~ Mehrong~" Yonghwa teased. 
 
Okay, you must be wondering about my family now. I live in a four room apartment with my umma, my elder brother Yonghwa and my younger sister Krystal. Yes, I'm the middle child. And sometimes, it's so tiring being the middle one. Especially when your oppa is even more childish then you are. My oppa is the kid, Krystal's the mature one. Ironic huh? Oldest one is the most childish one and the maknae is the most mature one. Oh what about me? I have both the playful and mature genes. That makes me even more unique. 
 
*peace sign* Y
 
My umma owns a small food stall in a market. She sells korean food and till now, business had been going quite smoothly. Yonghwa works as a chef in a restaurant and Krystal is studying Art right now. She'll be graduating next year. Krystal and I would go over to my mother's foodstall to help out when we are free, but now, it would be only Krystal's job as I'm going to China. Aish - I'm really worried about them. 
 
I placed my luggage by the stairs and walked over to the dining table where Krystal and Yonghwa oppa was snatching over a peice of meat. They. Were. Snatching. Over. A. Piece. Of. Meat. 
 
...
 
I rolled my eyes at them and took my seat beside oppa. They acted like they didn't see me and continued fighting over that piece of meat. Just. A. Piece. Of. Meat.
 
"Hey! I took it first!" Krystal growled.
 
"So? I'm your oppa!" Yonghwa hissed.
 
"Ya! You took the biggest piece of mango pudding already!" Krystal complained. 
 
"But I saw this piece of meat first!!!" 
 
Krystal ignored Yonghwa's comment and pulled the meat over with her chopsticks. She succeed and stucked the meat into . Yonghwa stared wide eyes at her.
 
"No fair! What the heck! You cheated! You cheater! Cheater! No fair! Urgh!" Yonghwa whined like a kid.
 
"Aish, Yonghwa-ah, Soojung-ah. Stop arguing. There's other piece of meat there." My umma yelled. Immediately after, Yonghwa took like half of the meat and smirked at Krystal with pride. Krystal just rolled her eyes at him. Those two kids...
 
"Oh, Sica! You're here!" Yonghwa cried suddenly, glancing at me. 
 
"You only noticed me now?" I snapped, folding my arms.
 
"Well, you only woke up, like -now?" Yonghwa retorted back. Okay, fine, I admit defeat. Sometimes, oppa can be really good in retaliating back at people. 
 
"It's one o'clock." Krsytal reminded, grinning at me. I sighed and took some kimchi before dumping them onto my rice. Umma appeared from the kitchen with a huge bowl of soup in her hands. Yonghwa cheered with excitement as the bowl was placed in the middle of the table.
 
"Sooyeon-ah, you sleep too much." My umma stated and the two irritating people laughed. I shot them both a cold glare - which they ignored. Pfft, not that my glare isn't cold enough. It's just that they are used to it. Really, not lying. I swear.
 
"Umma... Even you tease me..." 
 
"Arasso arasso. I won't tease you anymore." She said as she sat down beside Krystal. "Oh, take care while you're in China okay?" 
 
"Ne, gomawo umma. I will." I replied.
 
"When will you return?" Yonghwa asked, finally being the normal Yonghwa. (Which doesn't include all the nonsense)
 
"Not sure, but I promise to visit back." 
 
"Aigoo, I know you are happy. Donghae's in China too right?" Yonghwa stated. I nodded, munching on the vegetables. "You can visit him and his umma!" 
 
"Ne. Sooyeon, send my regards to them okay?" My umma asked and I nodded.
 
"And tell ahjumma to get well soon!" Krystal added.
 
"Arasso, I will. But first, I need to know where they are." 
 
"You don't know where they live?" 
 
"Nope, oppa. I had never seen ahjumma in China. I've only seen her once about three years ago when Donghae and I first started. She was in Korea that time. But things soon became unfortunate and she had to go back to China." I explained, finishing my last spoon of rice.
 
"Oh... Hope you can contact Donghae soon." Umma said and I nodded.
 
Hopefully...
 
But that was before I realise that he didn't want me to find him...